Tour Stories

All I Wanted.

I was holding a baby. Her little hand was reaching up for my curls and was giggling with its other fist in its mouth. The baby's cheeks were rosy and had freckles sprinkled over its nose. Little blue eyes were wandering around and amazed at the lights that were above my head. I was rocking it gently and cooing, "We have to wait for daddy."

But who was the daddy? Why did I have a baby? And most of all: Was I married? Michael and Nathan came in and each kissed me and the baby on the cheek. They then sat down on the sofa. I turned to them.

"Where is he?"

"No clue," Michael said while texting.

"They were behind us," Nathan added with a shrug.

I huffed and continued walking around bouncing the baby. Then Cameron and Zach came running through the door. Then the baby started to cry a little. Cameron walked over, kissed my cheek, then was cooing to the baby, "I'm sorry! Did we scare you? Aww," he wiped her tears and kissed its chubby cheeks.

Zach gently shoved Cameron out of the way, and kissed me on the lips. "I'm sorry we're late."

"Where have you guys been?"

"Getting these," he lifted up a Wal-Mart bag with diapers and onesies. I knew I couldn't be mad at him. I smiled and he kissed me again. Then looking down at the baby said, "Did you and mommy miss me? Daddy was just getting things for you before tour started!" He kissed her cheeks until she got the hiccups from laughing to hard.

Zach wrapped me and our baby girl into a little cradle hug. I nestled my head on his chest and he whispered, "I love you." I looked up and told him I loved him too.

I woke up in a jolt. I was holding my Pooh Bear like I had been holding the baby and one of Zach's arms was lingering in my lap awkwardly. It was unable to recoil quickly enough from my sudden wake up. Why had I been dreaming of Zach and I married with a baby? I've only been on tour with them for... a couple weeks, if that. I mean, yeah, when Zach and I walked on the beach two nights ago we kissed but that didn't mean I was going to marry him!

I sighed and looked back down at Zach. He was mumbling something about horseradish and lima beans. I put Winnie down at the head of my pillow and cuddled up against Zach again. His arms wrapped around me instinctively while he said, "Strawberries." I smiled and kissed his freckled nose. I whispered a lyric from one of my favorite songs, "I wonder what it's like to be loved by you." Then closed my eyes.

As I was about to drift off to sleep Zach made a weird humming noise and a series of weird grunts. I knew that meant he was walking up. His arms tightened around me and his chest heaved down, like he was sighing. "What if all the stars aligned. Could I ever make you mine?" Then he let a sharp breath out through his nose and slid my bangs behind my ear. They slowly fell back across my forehead and hit my nose again while he said, "Look what you've done to me. I'm quoting my own song." He shifted his head next to mine and I felt his breath evenly pass over my nose, "I've never felt this way. What's happening to me?"

He shifted and I felt Winnie leave my pillow. Zach tucked him in between us, making it seem like a little family.

And as if reading my thoughts he said, "Just like in my dream last night."
♠ ♠ ♠
P.S. The next five might be from Zach's POV.

P.P.S. When I met the guys a week and a half ago, Zach wrote "Do I turn out alright?" in my notebook for me.