Tour Stories

I Want To Save You.

Zach and I were the only ones awake and sat on the hotel balcony together. He had his iTunes playing in between us. We didn't talk much. After we got tea and bagels, we tiptoed past the sleepy-heads. We watched the clouds shift by and the town awaken.

"So... you don't like coffee?" he asked attempting to make conversation.

I rolled my head down so it rested on my shoulder and I was facing him. "Nope. I used to but I despise it now."

"I don't like it much either."

I smiled and looked back up at the sky. I really wanted everyday to be like this. Zach and I just sipping tea and listening to music. We clicked the moment we met, and now five days later we're considering each other best friends. It was so nice to sit with someone and not having to talk. Just listen to music together and chit chat about the song. It was nice that I didn't feel like I had to pretend to be someone else for him. This was nice. The song changed and I recognized it.

"I like this song," I muttered. Then grabbed the snuggie that was hanging over the balcony bar and put it on.

Zach nodded, "Me too."

"Duh, it's on your iTunes."

He just said, "Nehhh," in response.

The song pumped the speakers, "At home by three; a deafening quiet. The porch light's off, guess they forgot it. She'd cry herself to sleep but she don't dare. And she wants to be a model, She wants to hear she's beautiful. She's beautiful. I want to save you, I want to save you. (Yeah) I need you to save me too. I want to save you."

I looked down and analyzed the threads holding the arms onto the blanket. The song continued and I stayed in my own little world ripping a piece of the bagel and bringing it to my lips to eat. I took another sip of my tea and listened.

"And she wants someone to see her. She needs to hear she's beautiful. She's beautiful."

Some of the lyrics to this song were so spot on. I felt a little uncomfortable and wiggled around in my chair. I turned to look at Zach and found him staring at me. I looked to either side and then back at him.

"Yes?"

He shook his head, "Oh, nothing. Sorry."

I chuckled, "You have nothing to be sorry for. I was just wondering why you were intensely looking at me."

He stumbled over his words so bad that it just came out as gibberish, then said, "The girl in the song... I - I was just imagining the song in my head as it was playing and the girl... the girl I imagined- she was, well, she was you." He looked away flabbergasted.

I didn't know exactly what to say, and I guess that's what you get when you stick two awkward people of opposite sex on a hotel balcony together. But I just blurted out, "I'd save you too."

His beautiful face lit up and he smiled. The song changed to Man! I Feel Like a Woman by Shania Twain. I began to laugh hysterically.

"What?! It's a good song! Don't laugh at me!" Zach defended. "I've seen it on your iTunes too!"

I couldn't stop my giggle fit, and he saw that he was getting nowhere so he joined in and laughed too. "Yeah, I guess this song is a bit ridiculous to have. But her other stuff is amazing."

I just looked at him and we started laughing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Bounce like Carmen San Diego" -irrelevant song lyric that was playing as I was formatting this. http://dinoclub-jpandjayce-streetteam.tumblr.com/post/13570441332/f-ck-up-california-jp-jayce