Status: Completed

When I'm Gone, My Heart is With You

I Feel At Home

At that very moment Andrew awoke in the arms of his boyfriend. His skinny legs were intertwined with Sidney's muscular ones. He laid there, content, just listening to him breathe. Then thoughts of last night came rushing back. Andrew quickly turned his head to see Sidney's black and blue eye. He silently gasped; he hated seeing his love in pain. Without realizing it, his fingers reached up and started lightly tracing the outline of black and blue.
"Mhmm. Morning babe," Sidney muttered into his pillow; his eyes still closed. Andrew put his hand down and turned his body to face the beaten up man. He placed a small kiss on Sid's cheek before climbing out of bed.
Ten minutes later he heard shuffling coming from the bedroom and then felt a pair of arms wrap around his small torso. "Do you feel alright, love?" Andrew asked as the older boy rested his head on his shoulder.
"A little sore, but nothing you can't cure," he replied with a gentle kiss on the younger boy's neck. Andrew rolled his eyes and broke Sidney's grip. Sidney was suddenly saddened by the lost of touch.
"Hungry?" He nodded as Andrew opened a box of frozen waffles and put four in the toaster.
"So a little birdy by the name of Jordan told me you left early. Why? I missed seeing you after the game like usual."
"I didn't want to see you get hurt and I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't jump on the ice and beat 'em up." Sid snorted.
"Hun, you couldn't beat them up even if you wanted to." Andrew stuck his tongue out at Sidney as he set down two waffles in front of him
& & & &
"Oi! Sid stop making out and get back to practice!" called Staal from the ice.
"Coming! Don't get your panties in a bunch!" the Captain called back as he placed one last kiss on his lover's lips. "I'll be home by six. See you later, Andrew."
As Andrew walked out of the arena he couldn't help to think that there was something in the air.