Our Memories of Love

Our Memories of Love

"What you're saying Joe does not make any sense! The colors bright orange and dark green do not look good as clothes! Those colors only work for plants, and even then nature is pushing its limits!" I yelled from the front of the bus. I turned from the counter I was working at and saw Joe staring at me.

"You know you're hot when you get worked up about a subject." he said. I gave him a smirk.

"I win." He snapped out of his stare and gave me a fake glare.

"No you don't. Orange and green so do go together for clothes. Just wear a pair of orange skinny jeans and throw on a green shirt. Viola, problem solved, besides you love when I wear skinny jeans. You said it makes my butt that more grabbable." He said walking over to me and resting his hands lightly on my hips. I put my hands on his biceps and looked up at him. He was only a few inches taller than me with his 5'8 stature compared to my 5'5 height.

"You're right, but it does nothing to help you when you get stage boners." I said laughing at him. His faced scrunched up and he started to move his fingers, which was my warning that he was going to tickle me. I turned in his arms and bolted off the bus, with him following me not long after. I was running through the venue we were at when I saw Mrs. Jonas.

"Mamma Jonas! Mamma Jonas!" I yelled while I was running towards her. She looked up from her phone in time to see me run behind her to hide from Joe.

"What in the world is going on?" She exclaimed laughing. Joe stopped right in front of her faking on him going to the sides.

"Joe is trying to attack me!" I said. I had a giant smile on my face and Mrs. Jonas saw that when she turned her head to look at me.

"Joseph stop it." She said using a mom tone. His face fell a little and I stuck my tongue out at him. He glared at me.

"Annabell you stop also." I pulled my tongue back into my mouth and laughed, before kissing Mrs. Jonas on her cheek and went running off. I ran through the hallway hearing Joe's footsteps behind me. I saw the stage doors at the end so I pushed myself to go faster to get there. I went running through the doors and the first person I saw was my best friend Nick. I went running up to him and jumped on his back. He staggered for a moment from the sudden impact before regaining his balance and laughing at my antics.

"A Bell, what's going on?" He asked. Just then Joe bursted through the stage doors also. I squeaked when he did.

"Ah, I see. You and Joe got into one of your play fights again, and you need my help to get away from him right?" Nick said. Joe started to jog over to us when Nick took off. Everyone was laughing and joking around with antics when Mr. Jonas came down the audience steps and told them they have to start actually rehearsing. Nick put me down and Joe came over to give me a kiss when someone yelled 'Look out!' But it was too late. I had enough time to look up and see a stage light fall towards me, and at the same time push Joe away, before I was surrounded by darkness.


"Beep, beep, beep, beep." That was the sound I first heard when the darkness started to float away from me. The next thing I noticed was a hand that was gently, but firmly, holding mine. When I finally had the energy to open my eyes I noticed everything was white. It also was a bit bright which my head throb. I looked to where I felt the person holding my hand and saw dark brown, almost black hair, that was dishelved and kind of dirty. From the angle of his face that I saw he had some facial hair on him like he hadn't shave in days. He had bags around his eyes like he hadn't slept in days. I also noticed a pair of dark rim glasses laying next to him. I looked from him to the door when I heard it gently open to see a woman, maybe in her mid forties enter the room.

"Oh my, welcome to the living dear." She said in a quiet voice. I smiled at her and went to say something but my throat felt raw. She walked over to the table that was next to me and poured a glass of water for me. I drank it all down. I gave the cup back to her and she poured me another, but with this cup I sipped at the water.

"Um-miss where am I?" I asked in a quiet whisper.

"You're at the Dallas Memorial Hospital." she said while she was looking at the machines that were around me, while also pushing different buttons and jotting things down.

"How did I get here?"

"You got in to an accident while you were on stage at your boyfriends rehearsal." she said.

"Stage, rehearsal?" I said giving her a confused look. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me.

"What's the last date you remember dear?"

"August 18, 2008. That was yesterday's date wasn't it? My 16th birthday?" I asked confused. Before the lady had the chance to answer, the guy that was next to me started to make groaning sounds you here when a person is waking up. He let go of my hand to stretch in his seat and to rub his face, probably in hopes of waking up. He grabbed his glasses off of the bed, put them on and then turned to me.

"Morning love." he said. Even though I didn't really recognize him to well, I still answered him.

"Morning." I said kind of quietly. He just sat there moving his arms, trying to wake up before he realized that I had spoken.

"Holy shit! Annabell you're awake! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" he exclaimed while he was squeezing me tightly. Even though I didn’t know him, it felt right to be in his arms.

"Um-Excuse me, but who are you?" I asked. He pulled away with a shocked face on.

"Anna, it's me. Joe Jonas, you know, your boyfriend." I looked in to his hazel eyes and saw many emotions running through them. Hope, love, fear, but the biggest was happiness.

"I-" I was about to tell him I've never met one of the Jonas Brothers until today when the doctor interrupted.

"Mr. Jonas, may I talk to you outside please?" He looked to, then back at the doctor before nodding his head and following her. I laid my head back and just waited patiently for my answers.

"What is going on with my girlfriend? Why doesn't she remember me?" I asked Dr. Scotto.

"I'm sorry Joe, but it seems she has a case of amnesia. It doesn't seem like a severe case, seeing as she just doesn't remember the last two years of her life. We will-" I interrupted her from my choking.

"Wait you said her last two years? And that's not severe?" I said. I wanted to cry, I literally felt my heart breaking. The last two years, everything that she and I have worked hard to get through, to get to the point where I was going to propose to her that night of her accident, have now just gone down the drain. I ignored everything Dr. Scotto was saying as I felt my world crash. I didn't even realize that I was sitting on the ground crying until my mom and came sat next to me and held me.

"Oh baby, everything will be okay." She cooed, holding me in her arms.

"How mom, how? She doesn't remember the last two years of her life?" I sobbed. I felt someone else sit next to me and rest their head on my side. When I looked over I saw that it was Frankie.

"Please stop crying Joe. She may have lost some memories, but we can always help her get them back, or help her create new ones." He said with his head on my lap. I leaned away from my mom and pulled up into a hug. All I could think was 'When did he get so smart?' And I voiced that.

"When did you get so smart Frank? Last time I remember you did baby babble." I said with a slight smile on. He looked at me and glared.

"I'm young, but not that young." he said. It made me chuckle with the way he acted. I looked back over to my mom to see my dad standing behind her.

"How did you guys find out anyways?" I asked, wiping the fallen tears from my face.

"Dr. Scotto. She sent us a text about thirty minutes ago saying that Annabell was awake, but that she had amnesia. We already called Nick, Kevin, and Dani. They said they would be here as soon as they could. Now come on, let's go in and see if we can't spark something in Anna to help her remember." My dad said reaching a hand down to me to help me up from the floor, once I was up he helped my mom off the floor also. We walked back in the room in time to hear Dr. Scotto finish explaining everything to Anna. She looked over to us and signaled one moment, before turning to us to tell us what she figured out.

"Well it seems that Anna has a case of Retrograde amnesia. She had a memory flash while we were talking just now." she said. All I could do was hope that it was about me. I went and sat back down in the seat that I had been occupying for the last three weeks to listen to what Anna had to say.

After the doctor left, the family that I recognized to be the Jonas family, minus two members, were all in my room. Joe went and sat back in the seat he had been in when he and I woke up. He raised his hand and moved like he was about to put it on top of mine, when he hesitated and put on the side of the bed. It felt weird, so I turned my hand over so it was palm up. He looked at me in question and I just shook my hand a little letting him know that I wanted him to hold my hand. He laid his in mine, but I took the extra step to intertwine our fingers. I noticed that a giant grin came over his face, which in turn made me smile also. I looked over to his family and saw that everyone else was smiling.

"So dear do you mind telling us what you remembered?" Mr. Jonas asked. Before I answered him a thought kept running through my head.

"Their names are Mamma and Daddy Jonas. Their names are Mamma and Daddy Jonas. Their names are Mamma and Daddy Jonas." That was all that ran through my head at the moment.

"Um-Before I tell you my flashback, but I have to ask. Did I call you and Mrs. Jonas Mamma and Daddy Jonas instead of mister and miss?" The smile that was on the two of their faces grew bigger when I asked that.

"Yes dear you did. It took months for you to change from calling us Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, before you settled on Mamma and Daddy. Was that your memory? The day where you started to call us that?" Mrs. - I mean Mamma Jonas said. I gently shook my head.

"No. It was Joe's and I first date I think?" I said looking over to Joe. He looked at me in confusion for a moment before he remembered something.

"Wait, which one? You and I had two of those because one of them flopped." He said with a small smile on. I was just about to tell him the details, when a guy about my age came barging through the doors. He looked to be about 5'8 or 5'9, dark hair, really curly, kind of poodle like, and I realized that this was Nick Jonas. I looked at him for a moment and when our eyes met my head started to pound and different images started run through my brain, almost like I was watching a movie in fast-forward. All I could do was grab my head and squeeze my eyes closed tightly from the pain.

"Wait, what’s the matter? A Bell are you ok, what's going on?" I heard someone ask. I knew it was Nick from the name he just called me. The pain was so bad that I couldn't answer.

"Paul go get a nurse." I heard Mrs. Jonas say. I reached out blindly to grab something and I came in contact with a hand again, in which I started to squeeze the crap out of from the pain. But after I started to do that the pain started to go away. Once the pain was just at a dull throb I went to open my eyes but the light hurt. I closed my eyes again.

"Would someone please turn off the lights and shut the blinds? The light really hurts my eyes and head." Soon the light behind my eyelids got dark, so I cautiously opened my eyes. When they opened I saw that I was gripping Joe's hand and that Mr. Jonas had just come back into the room with a nurse. The nurse came over and took the spot where Nick was, pulled out a pun flashlight and started to wave them in my eyes. I closed my eyes and moved my head away from the light and was about to tell the nurse that the light hurts, but Joe beat me to the punch.

"Please don't shine the light in my girlfriend’s eyes. Something happened to make light hurt her right now. Is there any pain killers you can give her right now to help?" he said as he gently ran his thumb over the back of my hand. I don't what happened but when I opened my eyes again the nurse was gone. I looked around the room and saw that Nick was over by the windows still.

"Thelma, get the hell over here and give me a damn hug!" I said. I felt everyone look over at me in surprise, but Nick couldn't hid the smile that was on his face.

"Why should I do such a thing Louise? What if I don't like you anymore? What are you going to do about that?"

"Well when I get the chance to get out of this damn bed I'm going to kick your -"

"Language! My goodness, do you talk like that behind my back, away from Frankie's ears?" Mamma Jonas asked. I looked over to her with a sheepish grin.

"Yes and no. Behind your back yes, way from Frankie's ears, I try but somehow he's always around just as I say something. I think he does it on purpose." I said. Everyone laughed, but Joe was looking at me questioningly.

"Did you have a flashback of your memory when Nick came in, or was only partial?" I smiled sadly at him.

"I just remembered everything that has ever happened to me whenever I was with Nick. There were a bunch that had you in it also, but I still haven't remembered everything else. I'm sorry." I said looking down at my lap.

"Hey it's ok. I know it's probably going to take a bit before everything comes back, but I'm willing to wait."

"Oh, that reminds me my memory flashback. Okay so it took place at the beach. We-" Joe started to groan while everyone else was laughing. I just smiled because it was funny.

"Joe where are we going?" I asked as we were driving around in his Jeep.

"I can't tell you or it would ruin the surprise. So just hush." He said playfully sending me a fake glare out of the corner of his eyes. After that we kept the talking easy. We soon pulled up to the beach. I noticed that it was about ten minutes before the sunset.

"You eavesdropped, or you set me up. Classy." I said jokingly to him. He in turn just gave me a grin. We got out of the car and right before we stepped on to the beach we took our shoes off. I was about to bend over and grab my shoes when Joe beat me to it. I was reaching to grab them when instead he grabbed my hand with his empty ones. So we walked down the beach slightly when we came across a flock of gulls around one spot. I heard Joe start muttering things under his breath when he went running to the flock. They all flew off when he got close, it was then that I noticed that a picnic had been set up. I started to laugh because I figured that Joe had gone and set some of the food out, but it was eaten by the birds. I was still laughing as I walked over there.

"It's not funny! I had everything perfect. I had set everything up so that we would actually eat our dinner while the sun was setting, and then after words I was going to pull candles out so we could eat dessert, and then we would pack everything up and take a small walk by the shoreline, I would drive you home, in which I would be nervous as crap trying to give you a goodnight kiss. But these stupid birds had to come in and ruin my plans. Gah!" Joe exclaimed. I just kept looking at him with a smile on. He was muttering, and pacing, and occasionally kicking the sand in frustration. While all that was going on I started to pick up the mess that had been left, throwing things in the trash that was nearby, putting utensils back in the basket that was sitting next to the blanket, shaking the blanket out and then setting it back down. I then went in to the basket to see that he had bought ingredients to make s'mores along with some really big non-scented candles. I'm guessing that we were to make them by candle fire which I thought funny but cool because it was new. When all was said and done I sat down and started to watch the sunset. Before long a pair of legs came to lay next to mine, while I felt a pair of arms encircle my waist.

"I am so sorry that this didn't turn out to be perfect." I just giggled at that.

"Joe, I love this first date more than any other date I've been on because it's not perfect. It's that fact that you took the time to plan everything out, right down to the minute you kiss me goodnight, but forgot to add in the elements of nature that makes this one of the greatest. So thank you." I said turning my head to look at him. We were staring in to each other’s eyes and I noticed that we were continuously getting closer to each other before our lips met in one of the most gentle, loving kisses I have ever had. We stayed like for a few seconds before our lips started to move gently. It was passionate but without tongue. Soon after he gently pulled away resting his forehead on mine.

"You know, this is my best first date also." He said looking in my eyes. I smiled at him before turning back around to watch the rest of the sunset.


"Looking back on this, it still is the best first date I've ever had." I said. Everyone just laughed. Once everyone had calmed down I asked everyone to leave real quick so I could talk to Joe. Everyone gave me a hug and they did the same with Joe before my room became empty. I turned my head to look at Joe to see that he was nervous.

"Great this is the other part of heartbreak where she tells me that she doesn't want to be with me because she doesn't remember me." I thought. I started hearing laughter and looked up from my lap to see Annabell laughing.

"Joe I'm not going to break up with you. In truth I'm waiting for you to break up with me because I don't remember you. I may not remember all of our moments together, but I did see a lot of our moments that we had when Nick was around. I may not have remembered you per say, but subconsciously I did. When you hugged me after you woke up, I felt safe. The safest I think in a long time. All I could think right now that all our memories we have together were made out of love, and I think that even though I can't remember them right now, you can, and you can help me remember them. I just afraid that because I can't reme-" I had to cut Anna off right there and I did it the only I ever could, I kissed her. I stood there kissing her and all the shocks, and tingles, and fireworks that go off in my body whenever I'm touching her, were going berserk from how dormant they used to be. I was about to brush my tongue against her lips when she pulled away with a gasp. She tightly closed her eyes and held her head just like she did when she saw Nick. I grabbed her hand and felt her squeeze it from the pain. I was about to press the call button for the nurse when Anna started to relax. About a minute later she opened her gorgeous crystal blue eyes to look at me with the greatest look ever. Love. She was looking at me like she did before the accident.

"'Ello love, would you like a hug?" she whispered in her fake crappy British voice. I stood there staring at her in shock because those were the words she first said to me when we first met.

"Wait, does this mean you remember?" I whispered, afraid that if I spoke any louder then whatever spell has been cast will be broken.

"I remember Joe. I remember all Our Memories of Love." She said. When she said that tears of joy started to fall from my eyes.

"Hey those better be tears of joy falling, or you'll be in trouble." I laughed at her through my tears.

"Really now, and what pray tell are you going to do to me?" I asked. I prayed that she actually remembered our usual response.

"Tickle you so hard that they really are tears of joy." She said with a smirk on her face. I was so happy that she remembered us that all I could do was rest my forehead on hers and look into her eyes. Her hands reached up and cupped my face and was gently wiping the tears off my face, but I stopped her and just lent my face in her hand, reveling in the fact that this was all real and everything true. I kissed her palm, loving the feel of her hands caressing my face.

"Aj, can I ask you a favor?" I rejoiced in one of the nicknames that she gave me, and asked what the favor was.

"Can you go bring my family-in-law in here and then go find me my pillow teddy." I raised my eyebrow up at pillow teddy.

"Pillow teddy?"

"Yeah my pillow teddy. I call him Jj and I snuggle up to him all the time. I love to just lay my head on his chest and 'imagine' what the sound of his heart would be, and I also like to go and 'imagine' what his arms around me, holding me through nightmares, would be like. Rumor has it that he's supposed to be really strong, but I only see a soft side of him." she said. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head as I went to the door to call everyone back in. I noticed that Kevin and Dani were finally here as well. As everyone was filing into the room I walked over to Anna and noticed that she had scooted over to make room for me. I smiled as I got in next to her, and all I know is that I felt complete.