Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

ALL ACCESS

I hate these things. I hate being at concerts; but here I was, dragged here by my best friend. I could smell the sweat out in the lobby. My stomach churn in disgust as I saw the pit where we would end up.

"Do you have my camera?" I turned up to meet the gaze of electric blue eyes.

"Yeah," I mumbled as she took my gloved hand.

"Don't be grumpy, Sunny," my best friend shoved me.

"I hate these things," I repeated, out loud, to her.

"It'll be fun," she nudged me a bit.

"For you," I told her, unhappily.

"Just come on," she ushered me into the full pit ground.

We were here for my birthday...well it wasn't a birthday present, just a way to get me here. I shook my head at my friend as we made our way to the front.

Today, October 21, we were here to see My Chemical Romance. I wasn't a fan, but my best friend, Normal is. Normal is all into the looks of bands, rather than the music. I just tagged along to be her alibi and as a birthday 'treat'.

Normal kept my hand as we bumped into people. I would apologize, but they didn't seem to care-- or hear me. Much to my dismay we made it right in front, behind barricades.

Normal let go of my hand and we held onto the barricades as people began to push. I was beginning to sweat in my purple pea coat. Normal was dressed in her tightest skinny jeans, tight black shirt and black heels. Normal was already 5'5, she added 4 more inches in her heels.

I was dressed in my favorite jeans, white fitting t-shirt, black converse and my favorite coat. I wasn't much on style, but Normal was.

The sound of screaming hit me as the lights dimmed. There would be an opening act, but I didn't bother to listen or found out who they were.

"Who is this?" I stood on my tippy toes to ask Normal.

"I don't know," she answered, still cheering.

I shook my head and watched quietly. I got lost in my head as the band went on. I had left my mom alone, at home, to be here; somewhere I didn't want to be. My 18th birthday was ending in a few hours, and this was the most eventful thing.

During intermission, Normal wrapped her long, porcelain fingers around my gloved ones. I had started to look her over; with those long blond locks, those electric eyes, and soft skin, Normal was a bombshell.

I, on the other hand, was of regular looks. I was only 5' even, long brown hair, light/tanned colored (olive as some say) skin, and average brown eyes. Not one thing was exotic about me.

As I admired Normal she made a funny face at me. Her billion dollar smile nearly blinded me.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked my near deaf ears.

"No, you look perfect," she kissed the top of my head and turned back to the stage.

The lights began to dim again and Normal shouted along with the crowd. She tugged at my coat when 4 men stepped onto the stage.

"It's them Sunny! It's them!" she jumped in her heels, prompting a smile from my still face.

I pulled out her expensive nikon camera and turned it on. I was ordered to take pictures of the bassist; Normal's favorite. The flash of camera behind me light them up; they started the first song.

The bassist didn't move around much, he stood behind the singer. He had dark hair, a matching (with his band mates) coat with lines across it. I took a few shots of him and watched silently.

During their set, the guitarist tossed two picks my way, landing on my chest. Normal screamed and continued to jump. I rolled my eyes and stuffed them into my jean pocket.

Toward the end I was getting antsy, I wanted to leave. Like she could read my mind, Normal bent down to me.

"Almost over!" I nodded and held onto the barricade; camera in my left hand.

I took a few more shots, the singer muttered some incoherent words and then it was over. I exhaled happily and turned toward the people. The area was thinning out; Normal took my bare hand.

"Wasn't it amazing?" she teased happily.

"So much fun," I stated sarcastically.

"Oh, come on, Sun, you loved it!" I shrugged.

"Can we just go?" she nodded as we started to head out.

Just as we were left the barricades I felt a tap on my shoulder. Normal and I turned to be greeted with a security guard.

"Ma'am, these are for you," the buff guard held two laments in his hand.

"Oh, I didn't have those," I said to him.

"No, I was instructed to give them to the both of you," I raised my brow to Normal.

"What are they?" Normal asked.

"Backstage passes," he answered as he handed them off to me.

"Shut the front door!" she exhaled loudly.

"Why?" I asked looking them over; they said MCR ALL ACCESS.

"I was just told to give them to you," Normal snatched one and put it around her long neck.

I shrugged, "Thank you," he smiled and turned back toward the stage.

"I can't believe this!" Normal continued to gush, "Maybe they know it's your big 1-8!"

"Maybe, Nor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short filler, tomorrow I'll have a better chapter full of the guys.