Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

All Good Things Must End

I went to meet Cameron in the library, passing Nor, she had a worried look. I stopped her, she looked down at me.

"What's wrong, Normal?" she looked around and pulled me to the side.

"Mikey is mad at me," she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Why?" I asked, searching her eyes for a clue.

"Dave spied on us last night," she started, tears forming, "he took pictures, Sunny," I frowned, "and somehow Mikey got them, at the hotel after I dropped him off," she continued to sob.

Normal never cried, especially like this; there was more. I took her hand, ignoring the warning bell, and led her to the bathroom. A few girls looked at us with disgusted faces, then giggling.

"Get the fuck out!" I ordered.

The girls rolled their eyes, but obeyed. I closed the door and locked it. Normal leaned against a sink and continued to sob, her black mascara smeared from the hot tears.

"What happened?" I asked giving her a few, poor excuse for toilet paper, tissues from a stall.

"There was a note," her voice was shaking, "he-he said that he'd put them online if he continued to mess with me," Normal broke down and cried harder than I had ever seen her. 

I pulled her into a hug, and rubbed her back. She sobbed into my shoulder, her tall figure leaned awkwardly against mine. I just consoled her the best I could.

"Dave..." she pulled from me, "he sent the pictures to all his friends," my protective side came through; I was always protective of Normal.

"That asshole," I cursed, my blood boiled, "I'm going to fucking kick his ass," Normal giggled, wiping her eyes.

"Don't make it any worse, Sunshine," she warned cautiously.

"I can't let him get away with that bullshit, Nor," she shook her head, her face smeared with black mascara.

"It's already done," she sighed, "Mikey doesn't want to see me anymore," I frowned, softly.

"I'm sorry, Nor," she shrugged.

"All good things must come to an end, Sunny," I hated to see Normal so sad; it was like the whole world was out of order if she didn't smile.

"I'm gonna talk to him," I told her, she shook her head.

"Just leave it alone, for me," I smiled weakly at her.

"Do you wanna go home?" I asked her.

"Yes."

"I'll walk you to the office."

I sat with Normal in the nurses office, she pretended she had cramps. She could sign herself out, but I wanted to make sure to protect her against any kids who had seen the pictures.

"Thank you, Sunny," I walked her to her car.

"Want me to drop by after school?" she nodded.

"Want me to call Frank?"

"No, I'll do it," she hugged me again and got into her car.

She rolled the window down, "I love you, Sun."

"I love you, Normie," she smiled and started her car up.
-

At lunch, people were whispering, causing me to feel uncomfortable. I stood in line and Cameron came up to me; I had forgotten him again.

"Hey, what happened?" he asked confused.

"Normal needed me, I'm really sorry, Cameron," he shrugged.

"It's alright," he smiled.

"Have people been talking about her?" he looked down at me confusingly.

"I haven't heard anything," I knew people were talking.

Cameron and I got a couple of burgers and sat in the back of the cafeteria. He sat across from me, talking about Trig, but I couldn't concentrate; I was thinking of Normal.

"Sunny? Hello?" Cameron shook his hand in my face.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I apologized, again.

"Worried about Marilyn?" I nodded, "I bet it's nothing," he excused.

"Maybe, I'm just very protective of her feelings...she so childlike and naive."

"Well, can I have your attention so I can ask you something?" he chuckled.

"What's up?" I took a swig of my apple juice.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go out this weekend," he looked at me with enthusiasm.

"Oh, man..." I bit my lip, putting the carton down, "I can't, Cam, sorry," he frowned jokingly.

"Why not?" his dimples ruled over me.

"I sort of...have a boyfriend," I confessed softly.

"Since when?" he seemed a little upset.

"Before we went out," I told him, "it wasn't official then, but he and I just hit it off...and I wasn't thinking," he nodded and shrugged.

"It's okay," he muttered quietly, "I would rather have you as a friend away," his cute smile came through.

"That's great, and again I'm sorry, Cam," he nodded again.

"Will you still help me in trig, though?" I smiled with a nod.