Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

I Only Did It To Be Dramatic

I called Frank after school ended. He seemed upset when he answered.

"Mikey told you?" I asked him.

"Yeah, he already left," I frowned to myself.

"I'm sorry for all this mess," I apologized.

"It isn't your fault, Sunny," he sighed softly, "don't beat yourself up over it."

"I can't help it, Nor is almost like my child; I feel the need to protect her," I explained.

"Did you see that guy?" 

"No, but everyone's whispering about it," I leaned against my locker, in the empty hallway.
"Well, don't get upset over it, it'll blow over," I nodded to myself.

"Ms. Romero, you know cellphone use is strictly forbidden on school grounds," I looked up at the school secretary.

"Sorry Mrs. Jordan," I put the phone on my shoulder, "I was just leaving," she nodded an continued down the hall, her small heels clicking her way out.

"I just passed your block, so I should be there soon," Frank informed when I put the phone back to my ear.

"Okay, thanks by the way," I answered.

"Anything for my lover."

I stood in the school parking lot, my pack slung over my right shoulder. The parking lot was thinning, but a few kids were outside their cars talking. I rubbed my gloved hands together, feeling cold down in my legs.

"Hey, do you need a ride?" Cameron came up behind me.

"Oh, no, Frankie's coming," he raised his brow, he didn't know about Frank, "my boyfriend," I told him awkwardly.

"Can I meet him?" I shrugged.

"I don't know, he's very...weary about meeting people," I didn't want any more rumors to get out.

"Another time then?" he asked with a smile.

"Yeah," I chuckled.

"Alright, I'll see you, Sunny," he gave me a quick hug and jogged toward his black Nissan.
I looked back to the parking entrance and spotted Frank's red chevy slow towards me. He had a little frown when he stopped next to me, I brushed it off and got in. His regular cigarette was tight between his fingers, he looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked reading his face.

"Who was that?" he had a sharp sting to his tone.

"Who?" I raised my brow confused.

"The asshole who was all over you," I looked at Frank like he had two heads.

"Cameron?" he frowned and backed out of the parking lot, "How was he all over me?"

Frank didn't answer, he instead drove down the block, the school disappeared quickly. Frank put the cigarette to his lips and took a long drag. 

"Frank, what's wrong?" I asked again.

"Why was he hugging you?" I almost started to laugh.

"He's my friend, it was just a little hug," I explained.

"I told you before I don't like him," a cloud of smoke filled the car.

"That was last week, and like I said," I waved the smoke from my face, "he's just my friend...merely a kid I tutor."

Frank didn't speak as he drove toward the east side. I hated that he was so mad, especially since I didn't do anything wrong. I just bundle up in my own cold body, hoping the ride would end soon.

He stopped on the curb of Normal's house. He tossed his itty, bitty butt out the window and blew a cloud out behind it. He looked over at me, I stayed in.

"Will you please explain what exactly I did wrong?" I, sort of, begged.

"I get jealous easily," he admitted pulling out his, near empty, pack of cigarettes, "I don't like that my girlfriend hugs other guys," he put the stick to his mouth, but I snatched it.

"You act like I made out with him," I tossed the unlit cigarette out the window.

"What'd you do that for?" he furrowed his brows.

"Because you're acting crazy," I smiled to myself, laughing at how mad he looked.

"That's not funny, Sunny, these are expensive!" I burst out with laughter at him. 

Frank started to laugh with me. I know we looked like a couple of weirdos laughing hysterically. But it was funny to see how serious Frank tried to be.

"I...I didn't mean it," I giggled, "I'll buy you some more for Christmas," I pinched his cheek.

He shrugged, his chuckle soften, "It's alright," he turned to me, his hazel eyes filled with love, "I only grabbed another one to be dramatic."

"You are so silly...that's why I like you so much."
-

Frank went back to the hotel; upset that we didn't get to fool around like he had hoped. I promised him whatever he wanted next time he came to town. 

Normal and I sat in her room, quietly, listening to the radio; but we weren't paying attention. Her parents would be gone until night, and she didn't like being alone a lot.

"What are the kids saying?" she asked as I sat beside her on his king size bed.

"I don't know...they only whisper and I haven't heard anything," I pulled one of her many, massive sized stuff animal closer to my body.

"I don't wanna go back," she confessed.

"I know, Nor, neither do I," she looked at me.

"Dave is such a creep," her tiny nose scrunched up, "you were right about him, Sun, you really were," I gave her a weak smile as I thought back to that particular day; warning Normal about Dave Rivers.

I had known Dave since I was in 4th grade; when I moved from Tuscola. I was always weary of him as a child; he had reminded me of Damien from The Omen. His dark hair and green eyes scared me, the light freckles and harsh demeanor were a sign that I needed to stay away.

In junior high he had gotten into sports. He harassed girls whenever he pleased; his father was a cop, and it's rumored that he abused his wife. He was sought as an angel to the women that worked in school.

When we were freshmen, he was one of the boys to go after Normal. I remember telling her how mean he was, but she rebuffed me.

"He's harmless," she had cooed.

After a year of chasing her, he finally caught her. They would always be out together; or she'd blow me off, right in front of him, to be with him. Finally, near the end of sophomore year he had snapped and hit Normal. She told me in complete confidence, and I never told a soul. I begged her to break it off, and she did, but not without consequences; he stalked her for a good 6 months. She had told her parents (about the stalking) and they moved her all the way to the east side of Chicago. They had allowed her to finish school with me, that I promise to tell anyone if Dave came around; and I did.

"Are you going to tell the school or your parents?" she shook her head quickly.

"No way!" her soft voice muttered as fast her head.

"At least Thanksgiving break is tomorrow," I muttered, "are you coming to school tomorrow?" she shrugged.

"I don't really want to," I nodded.

"You should stay home, y'know if you want to," tears started to form in her eyes.

"Man, this is so bad."

"I'll straighten it out for you, Nor, just watch."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a few chapters ahead, in writing this, and there is some really crazy stuff coming up! Don't forget to comment guys! I really like the feedback to see what to write next! And a very Merry Christmas to you all!!