Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

You Hit Him?!

Normal and I went to get some hot cocoa at the quiet coffee shop on the west side. I had called mom and told her that Normal was sick; and even let her talk to Nor. We got to a small table in the back and joked like old times. It was a nice feeling that took over all the stupid drama that plagued us.

"Remember when my mom got implants and we asked her what they felt like?" Normal wrapped her long fingers over her small coffee cup.

"Yeah and she told us like warm water balloons!" I finished for her.

"And then they caught us in school with water balloons in our shirts!" Normal leaned over from laughing.

"And then yours popped during PE!" I couldn't help but hold myself from laughing so hard.

"You dared me, Sunny," she giggled.

"But you dared me, and we both did it," I shook my head, "gosh we were crazy!"

"We still are," Normal took a sip of her cocoa.

"Yeah, but only--" I stopped speaking when Normal dropped her cup, "What the hell?" I questioned as she stared up, "Nor?" I looked at her horrified face.

I looked behind me and saw Dave; surrounded by 2 of his lame ass friends. I snarled at him, a waitress ran over with napkins.

"What happened?" the waitress asked.

"I...I uh," Normal looked down and began to help her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I stood up and pushed Dave in his chest.

"Push me again," he barked with a smile.

"You're lucky Normal begged me not to kick your ass or I fucking would!" he and his friend laughed with amusement.

"You're gonna kick my ass?" he leaned over me, his green eyes making my stomach churn with disgust.

"I'm gonna fuck you up so bad you'll wish you never met me," my voice deepen with anger, my blood boiled, burning with adrenaline.

"That's a laugh," he stated dryly.

"Sunny, stop," Normal came over and grabbed my arm, "lets just go." 

"I bet that little bassist is hating himself right now," Dave commented, "and that lame ass guy you so easily giving it up to, Sunshine," he winked.

That was it; I was livid, all I saw was red. I balled my right hand, pulled my arm back and hit Dave in his face as hard as I could. 

"Ooh," someone said; I heard a hard crack right before it.

Dave had stumbled back and fell over a table. His friends, and the waitress, rushed over to him.

"What'd you do that for?" The waitress asked.

"Sunny!" Normal gasped, taking my hand.

I couldn't feel a thing, adrenaline was pumping my veins. Normal took my hand and gasped again.

"Oh my God, your bone...it's sticking out," I looked over to her, looking at my mangled fingers and hand.

"I...I can't feel it," I clenched my jaw angrily.

"I think they're broken," I took a deep breath, fire was still in my body, "let's take you to the hospital," Normal pulled me away, holding my hand up.

"Hey! You have to pay for this damage!" the waitress cried; Dave was crouching, holding his jaw.

"Hold on," Normal bent my arm to keep my hand up, "here," I didn't look to see what Normal did, "come on, Sunny."
-

I had broken my right index and middle finger. My mom came in a hurry; the hospital called her. I had to go under surgery to have plates to correct them. It only lasted an hour.

The pain of the breaking set in when I got to the hospital; I felt crippling pain. Normal just held my other hand and nearly cried.

"I owe you the world, Sunshine," she had cooed to me.

"Nobody talks about my best friend, or my boyfriend, like that," I had mumbled.

I was laid out on the hospital bed, feeling the effects of the painkillers. I was numb all over and I missed Frank. Mom had rushed in right when I wanted to cry.

"You hit Dave Rivers?" she questioned when she entered.

"Ma, I had too," I explained; my body felt all warm and jello-like.

"His father came up to me when I walked into the hospital!" she shrieked, "I can't believe you hit him!" her eyes stayed wide.

"He saying horrible things about Normal, I couldn't take it, and he was starting rumors at school," her facial expression soften and she grabbed the chair next to my bed and sat beside me.

"I just can't believe you hit him...he's so big!" I chuckled at her, she smiled, "That blowhard Jim Rivers fined you for disturbing the peace and assault," I frowned.

"I'm sorry, mom, I didn't mean to start all this mess," I took a deep breath.

"Marilyn paid the fine," she smiled, "he wanted to press charges, but Marilyn talked him out of it," I smiled.

"She really did that?" my mom nodded, "Where is she?"

"She's outside, on the phone."

My mom stayed for a few more minutes, then Normal came in. Her billion dollar smile lit me up. I sat up, best I could, and she sat at the foot of my bed.

"Yes, I paid the fine and for the damaged table," she smirked, almost reading the back of my mind, "and I told Dave that if he press charges then I'd tell the police about when he hit me, the stalking...I told him I had pictures," I raised my brow.

"Pictures?" I asked confused.

"I took pictures of my face after he hit me...just in case," I smiled at her.

"I can't tell you how much I love you, Normie," tears filled my eyes, "I hate crying," I murmured wiping my eyes.

"I told you, I owe you, Sunshine."

"Yeah, but--"

"You put up with my bull for 5 years," she cut me off, "and I don't think I will ever stop repaying you," the tears streamed down my face.

"Ugh, Normie!" I cried, my face filling with tears.

"Just calm down," a few years rolled down her own cheeks, "I called Frank," she went on.

"You did?" I sniffled, "What did he say?" she smiled.

"He said he was proud of you," she giggled and wiped her eyes, "and that he can't wait to see you and kiss your fingers," I giggles with her.

"Man, I miss him," I muttered softly.

"He misses you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
The part about the breaking hand really happened to me, well to a friend of mine. She hit this one girl so hard the bone in her hand cracked, pierced her hand and left a jagged scar on her hand, so it's kind of dedicated to her, even if we don't really talk anymore.
Don't forget to comment/subscribe!