Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

I'll Even Thank Your Little Fingers!

I was excused from school for the next day, and Normal stayed with me at home. I had been told my fingers would be alright, but I'd have a wicked scar. My fingers had been cast in a blue and white plaster mold. Normal wrote "I love Frankie Iero!" down the middle finger. It's pretty cheesy, but it makes me smile.

Frank wouldn't stop calling and checking up on me. He would leave me cute text and send me shirtless pictures; needless to say I was falling quick for him. I couldn't really text back, and I had to write with my left hand (thank God they taught us how to in grade school). As for Cameron, he called and I helped him study for trig. We were as close as Frank would let me get; he was still worried about it.

"What are you doing for Thanksgiving?" Cameron asked.

"It's just me and mom, so it's just a small meal," I told him.

He and I were on the floor in the living room; it was only a day away from Thanksgiving. He had come over to get some notes on Literature and trig.

"Do you work on Friday?" he had a bowl of caramel popcorn and was putting a few in his mouth.

"Yeah, but only until 6," I took a few popcorn pieces.

"Can you even work?" he chuckled, pointing to my fingers.

"Yeah, I just stack anyway, and they need most of us," I shrugged.

"You are a trooper, Sunny," I shook my head.

"Well, I got myself into that mess."

"How's your man? Frankie is it?" he asked with a chuckle.

"He's good," I smiled, "but he doesn't like you," I added to see his reaction.

"What did I do?" Cameron raised a brow, but laughed a second later.

"He thinks you'll try and hit on me," Cam shook his head.

"See? I should meet him so I can show him how nonthreatening I am," He lifted his arm and showed that he didn't have a single, rippling, muscle in his arm.

"Do you wanna see what he looks like?" I asked randomly.

"Why not? I need to check out the competition," he joked.

"Hold on," I giggled.

I straighten out my pajama pants and jogged down the hall to my room. I opened my desk drawer and pulled out the throw-away camera photo of Frank and I; Normal had taken it because she found the camera underneath her bed and it still had 2 shots left (on the roll were really old pictures of us during freshmen year).

"This is us," I sat back down next to Cameron, "it was in front of Normal's house a couple days after we met," Cameron looked the picture over.

Frank had a lit cigarette hanging loosely on his lips, his arm hung over my shoulder, he had his eyebrows furrowed and I had a weird, surprise smile on my face. Normal had taken the picture close up; our faces were the only thing really in the picture.

"He kinda looks that one guy," Cameron eyed the picture, "in that dark band...the name is really funny, I can't remember," I bit my lip, containing my laughter; Cameron didn't know how right he was.

"Yeah, he gets that a lot," I smiled to myself.

"He smokes..." he looked at me, "he doesn't look so tough," he handed me the picture.
"Oh, Cameron, he would snap you in half," He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"I'd like to see him try," he continued to joke, "I'd fight him before I'd get in the ring with you."
I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, enough bagging on my boyfriend, let's get back to the Odyssey."
-

I woke up, at 10 am, on Thanksgiving smelling gravy. The house was warmer than I expected and I tore my comforter off my body. I laid on my back, pulled my shirt up, and stared tired at the ceiling.

"Get up, Sunshine," I muttered sarcastically to myself.

I sat up and drug my feet out to the hall. I could hear mom humming along to a familiar song. I walked to the kitchen, and to my left, mom was swaying her hips to a familiar voice.
"Hey, Mija," she giggled stirring a small pot.

"Hey," I waved, "who's this?" I asked pointing to her small radio, on the counter, next to her.
"Queen," she smiled, "Marilyn left this CD here yesterday and told me it was a 'mix' of songs Frankie made for you," she smiled, "I can't believe he knows so much about Queen and the Kinks," I shook my head.

"Oh, yeah, he emailed the mix me the other day," I remember Normal burned the disc for me, "they're my favorite songs."

"He's a keeper, Mija," I couldn't help but blush.

"Yeah," I said quickly, "I'm gonna go shower, okay?" she nodded and continued to sing along to Freddie Mercury.
-

I had dressed down, ate a small breakfast, and helped mom cook. She only cooks last minute, since it just us; some rice, a small turkey, potatoes, and cherry pie for dessert. 
Since I was unable to grip anything, she sent me to watch TV. I curled up on the couch watching a marathon of some Law & Order special. I relaxed and played with my damaged fingers; then my phone rang. It was none other than Normal.

"City Morgue, Dr. Jekyll speaking," I joked with her.

"Yeah, I'm calling to identify a body," she played along.

"Description?"

"Little Mexican girl, looks about 12 years old, poor girl has no fashion sense and a pitiful hairstyle."

"Sorry ma'am we only have the best looking dead bodies around," I laughed.

"Wow, we really need to stop doing that," she giggled.

"Nah, it's pretty fun," I added, "what's up Normie?"

"Wishing you Happy Thanksgiving! And I'm coming over later to eat your mom's pie," I chuckled at the few 'that's what she said' jokes I could've made.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" I joked.

"Hey, your mom is a saint when it comes to desserts, you should be proud," I shook my head.

"I am," I giggled, "make sure you give thanks for me and her amazing pies."

"Will do, and I'll even thank your little fingers!"

After Normal and I continued to joke, we hung up. I laid back on the couch when mom came over.

"I forgot the cinnamon rolls!" she ushered to the coat rack, "I'm going to run over to that 24 hour grocery outlet, you need anything?" she put on her loud tweed coat.

"No thank you," she button up.

"Alright, I'll be just a minute...if it isn't packed."

I waved to her an she soon disappeared. I turned my head to the TV; some guy was being assault by an angry cop. I chuckled at the beating; I don't know why. I was getting into it when my cell rang; Frank.

"This is Burger King, You can't have it your way, what's your beef?" Frank's funny laughter filled my ear.

"Is that how your mom taught you to answer the phone?"

"Uh, duh," I joked some more.

"How are you, love?" he cooed.

"I'm good, just upset that I got a bum hand," I chuckled, "how are you?"

"Missing my favorite person," I awed at him, "I can't find Gerard anywhere!"

"Oh, you jerk!" I giggled back.

"I was kidding, Sun, just messin' around," his funny giggled put a smile on my face.

"I know...are you having a Happy Thanksgiving?" I cheered.

"Very, the tofurkey is cookin' as we speak," he giggled again, "how is it on your end?"

"Very uneventful, as always, but mom is baking and once that's all down, I'll be a very happy and plump chick," We both shared a small laugh.

Frank and I talked until well after mom came in. She rolled her eyes at me chatting away with him. To say the least, mom was happy that I finally had a significant other.

We hung up around 6 when mom wanted to start eating. We sat at our small table, she and I held hands as she prayed. We weren't over religious, but we believed in God and prayed on holidays.

"God bless me and my little Mija, who is growing up so fast," we both peeked our eyes up to look at each other, "bless her poor little fingers and my tired bones. Bless Joseph (my father), and Ronnie. Bless Marilyn and the Carters, The Belles (her friend from work's family), Anna and the whole staff at the hospital," we opened our eyes, "Sunny?" she basically asked if I wanted to bless anyone else.

I closed my eyes and began, "Bless Cameron and his family, even that jerk Dave Rivers; even if he is a mean spirited person...and," I took a deep breath, and let it go, as my mom looked, lovingly at me, "God bless Frank Iero, his family and his band," her small face filled with a sweet smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a filler, but I kinda had this one written up already, it has some little stuff in there that I brought from my own life (little insiders), plus I wanted to knock it out the way and I'm writing the next chapter now, and it's gonna be good, so don't forget to comment!
Oh and this is what Frank kinda looks like in the picture:
Image
Minus the Mickey Mouse ears.