Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Can We Keep It?

A few weeks of the same routine dug into my life. It was my life; school, talking to Frank, tutoring Cameron, and work. I wasn't one for routine, but I couldn't change it.

When we started school again, no one talked about Normal; only me. They talked about how I almost broke Dave's jaw; needless to say people didn't bother us anymore. Dave stayed out of our way and it was too good to be true.

Frank had promise to visit during mid-December. He also said that Mikey was still mad at Normal; but she was over it. Normal had told me she had a crush on Cameron. I had even tried hooking them up.

"What do you think of Normal, Cam?" I asked when we met at Starbucks for lunch (he now worked at the comic shop across the street).

"She's pretty cute," he shrugged with a smile.

"She kinda likes you," I told him.

"Really?" he looked excited.

"Yeah, I think you should ask her out."

"Are you pulling my leg?" he eyed me.

"I'm serious, man!" he smiled like a little kid.

"Okay, I'll ask her out."

It didn't take long for them to end up. They were official and it was nice to see Normal happy with a guy she wasn't sleeping with. Even with her beautiful smile, the world seemed to spin better with each day.

It was almost another break when we had SATs. Cameron had seemed very prepared and had more knowledge than a months ago.

"I think I'll ace it," he admitted to me in the hall.

"You better!" I warned jokingly.

I had taken the test that Friday afternoon and met Normal in the school parking lot.

"Sunny, my ass is freezing off!" she stomped her boots at me.

"I'm comin'!" I yelled rushing over.

Chicago had a small amount of snow, but it felt like a blizzard. We were warned to stay in; mom had to work double shifts, at the hospital, because of the accidents.

"Be careful," she would warn when I went out with Normal and Cameron.

My converse made a squishy sound when I crossed the parking lot. I slid into the passenger seat and put my cold pack on the floor.

"What time is it?" I asked her as she started the car.

"Oh, your appointment right?" she said checking her cell phone.

"Yeah, this baby is finally comin' off!" I said excitedly, lifting my still cast fingers.

"It was fast, right?" she laugh.

"Yep."

My fingers had healed faster than expected. My doctor had done an x-ray last week and said my fingers were held, but I needed a little smaller cast for my index. I hadn't been so happy in the longest.

"Do you get to keep it?" she asked pointing to the cast.

"I hope so," I admired it.

My doctor had cut the top part so my finger tips showed; my nails had grown so weird. Half of the saying had been cut, but Normal kept it; she had "I love".

It took us 15 minutes to get to the doctors office. Normal sat beside me and tickled the tips of my fingers and laughed at me.

"Sunny Romero?" a nurse called.

"Let's go," Nor took my left hand and we walked into the back.

I was instructed to sit on the bed/table; Nor sat across from me.

"What if it's half tanned?" she joked.

"I hope not," I frowned, trying to peak through the small slits.

"How are you, Ms. Romero?" my doctor, Dr. Moore, came in.

"Just peachy, you?" he chuckled.

"Same old," he smiled.

Dr. Moore was your typical doctor; tall, greying and handsome. I had thought he looked a little like George Clooney.

"Let's see that incredible fist of yours," he walked over and I lifted my hand, "Can you wiggle your fingers?" I nodded and wiggled them, "That's fantastic! Let's take this darn thing off!" I smirked at him.

"Can we keep it?" Normal asked.
-

"Oh my God," my mom mustered when I showed her the scar; it looked like a jagged lighting bolt.

"You can feel the plate!" I put her hand to the top of my hand.

"Ew, Sunny!" she pulled her hand away.

"Why are you saying ew? You're practically covered in blood everyday!" I pointed to her attire, she just scrunched up her face.

"It feels gross," I giggled.

"Any who..." I joked, "how long is your shift?"

We had dropped by the hospital to see mom. She had her lunch break and we hung out with her in the cafeteria; Normal went to get coffee.

"I work until 3," I frowned.

"You can't tuck me in?" I joked.

"No, sorry, Mija," she kissed my cheek.

"Will you at least feel my plate?" she shook her head quickly.

After harassing my mom, Normal drove me back to her house. I wanted to stay with Nor, and her house was quiet, big and her parents are out of town.

"Where do they go?" I had asked as we drove down the east side.

"Medical conventions...in Maui."

Normal's parents were loaded, if you didn't figure that out yet. They spoiled themselves and left Normal to entertain herself; money wasn't an object. She has an older brother, who moved to California right after I had met her.

"I have a little, early x-mas surprise when we get there," she titillated me like a child.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Something small, warm and cute," she hinted.

"A puppy? A hamster? A gerbil?" I rambled.

"Your close," she teased.

"A kitty?" she shook her head, "A snake...?" she giggled as we pulled up to her Christmas dawned home.

We got out and I followed behind, naming of random animals to her. She would shake her head each time.

"Gimme another hint!" I begged like a child, again.

"It's not an animal," she hinted unlocking her door.

I frowned, completely clueless. I thought for a moment as we stepped pass the threshold. Her house was dimly lit and I felt small hands cover my eyes.

"Wanna another hint?" a huge grin spread across my face as soon I smelled the cologne and nicotine.

"Its a Frankie!" I shouted happily.

Frank moved his hands and turned me around. I gripped him into a bone crushing hug, "Can we keep it?"
-

"Let me see your poor fingers," Frank and sat in one of Normal's guest rooms alone.
"I can't really grasp hold of anything yet," my still fingers were straight; they couldn't bend, too far, without a sharp pain.

"Do they hurt?" he kissed the top of the scar.

"Only when I try and bend them," I wiggled them, a little soreness hit me.

"You must've hit him hard," Frank joked.

"I heard them break."

"Damn," he chuckled.

"The doc said I have to go to some finger rehab or something," he shook his head.

"Where's the plate?" he pressed a finger down on my hand, "Oh," he felt the bolt that held the bones in place.

"It doesn't gross you out?"

"No, I think it's pretty awesome."

"You are so weird, Frank," he kissed my temple.

"Only because you make me that way."

We both grew silent; we were sitting on the bed, our backs to the headboard. Frank had his arm around my shoulder and rubbed my damaged hand gently. I could feel him trace over the bolt again and again.

"How long are you staying?" I asked a few minutes later.

"Until the end of the week," his voice filled my left ear, sending chills down my spine.

"What are you getting me for Christmas?" I joked with a smile.

"Something exciting," he teased.

"Can I have a hint?" 

"Airplane," I looked over at him with a cocked brow.

"Airplane?" I repeated.

"I might as well tell you since I'm giving it to you at the end of the week," I shook my head.

"No, no, I want it to be a surprise!" I stopped him.

"Fine," he exasperated jokingly.
-

Frank and I laid in the guest bed, naked and sweaty, holding each other. My hand was in a small amount of pain; from trying to hold onto Frank. He had a lit cigarette between his lips, ready to fall asleep.

I nuzzled my face on his chest, my cheek sticking to it. Frank blew a cloud of smoke away from me and ran his right hand down my spine.

"Can I tell you something?" his voice cut the quiet air.

"Anything," I answered him.

"Don't freak out, alright?" I smiled.

"I won't."

"I...I love you, Sunny."

I get surprised by those 3 words. I sat up and looked at him; the sheet fell to my waist.
"You love me?" I asked with a smile, really not believing him.

"I love you," the lit stick hung from the side of his mouth.

"Really?" I really thought he was joking.

He took the cigarette out of his mouth and smashed it in the tray on the night stand next to him, "I mean it; I love you, Sunny."

At that moment, I didn't care what his breath smelled like, I smashed my lips against his. He chuckled, pulling my waist atop of him. My lips were in sync with his; begging for more. It had seemed we were going to have sex again, but he stopped me. I looked at him confused, and frustrated.

"What?" my voice was uneven and full of lust.

"Do you love me?" a smile grew across my face.

"I love you, Frankie," my smile was genuine, and Frank could see it.

"How much do you love me?" he teased.

"I love you more than breathing," he smirked happily.

Frank attack my neck and flipped us over, so he was on top. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he put his lips on mine, with no hesitation on slipping his tongue on mine.

He was just about to enter me, when I pulled our lips apart.

"Frank, wait," he looked at me confused, "condom."

He sighed, frustrated and leaned over to the side of the bed. I put my legs on either side of his and let him reach into his duffel bag. He came back, a few condoms fell on his side, making me giggle. He tore one package open and put it on.

"Are we good now?" I nodded with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it too long? I don't really care because you guys deserve it! I got so many subscribers and comments, I just had to! And thank you all a billion times for reading, subscribing and commenting, I really appreciate it!