Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

He Rocked My Little World!

I woke up to the sound of my mom's alarm; it was 5:30 am. I rolled over and sat up. I stretched and moved my feet to the side of the bed. My cell vibrated with a new message.
I popped it open; a text from Normal.

Best Night Of My Life!!! I owe you big Sun!

I smiled to myself and put the phone back, and on it's charger. I walked toward my bedroom door where the alarm stopped. I opened it and revealed my, scrub adorned, mom.

"Hey, early start?" I asked as I followed her to the kitchen.

"Yes, and I'm coming home early so we can go out for your birthday," I smiled to myself; my mom loved to go out for our birthdays.

"Great," I told her, "what time?"

"Around 6," she pulled her thermos out and filled it with hot coffee, "be sure to bundle up, the weather man said there might be snow," I nodded.

Once mom went off to work I went back to my bedroom to get ready for school. I opened my cell, though, and texted Normal.

Ma left early, come whenever

I put the phone back and went to get ready.

I dressed in loose fitting jeans, a thermal pull over, one of my The Who t-shirts and my converse. I looked as I typically do, and messed my hair up. I grabbed my pack and coat and went to have a bowl of cereal.

Just as I was going to pour there was a knock at my door. I put the crunch berry box down and rushed over. Grinning at me was Normal; her hair messy and wearing an oversized shirt over last night's attire.

"Well, well, well," I stepped aside, "what happen after I left, Ms. Carter?" I closed the door behind her.

"I had the time of my life," she beamed.

"Really? So what did I miss?" I followed her to the kitchen.

"Tongue action," she admitted sitting at the table, "hot, nasty, venue sex!" I widen my eyes at her.

"Ew, Nor!" I said pulling another bowl from the cabinet, "You slept with him?"

"Well, he did most of the sleeping," I whipped around at her.

"Did you use protection?" I asked pouring cereal in both of our bowls.

"Yes, mommy dearest," she blush happily, "he rocked my little world," her voice was airy, like it was floating over us.

"That's so nasty," I set our bowls at the table and went to the fridge.

"We exchanged numbers and he gave me this," she pointed to the oversize shirt.

"Oh, how romantic," I stated sarcastically, grabbing the milk.

"It was awesome."

"I bet," I joked pouring our milk.

"And Frank was asking about you," I raised my brow trying to remember which was Frank, "Lots of tattoos, lip and nose ring," she read me.

"Oh, yeah."

"They wanna hang out after school," I chuckled.

"I can't," I took a mouthful of berries.

"Why?" she frowned.

"Homework and mom is taking me out, remember?" she sighed.

"Okay," she trailed and began to eat with me.

Normal showered and borrowed clothes so we could go to school. I gave her the keys and she drove us. Along the way she wouldn't shut up about that Mikey guy; it was painful to hear.

Once we got to school we ended up at my locker. She went on about it some more, until one of her friends came up.

"How was it last night?" it was big, bad Tonya Bennett, the cheer captain.

"Amazing," Normal gushed more.

"Some action?" Tonya asked, flipping her pure white hair over her shoulder.

"Yep," Normal grinned, "I'll tell you during free period."

We parted ways with me heading to English. I sat in the back, behind Normal's ex Dave. He and I didn't get along; he was so possessive of Normal when they dated a year ago, and it never sat right with me.

"What did Marilyn do last night?" he questioned as I sat.

"We partied," I joked, pulling out my notebook.

"Seriously."

"Fuck off, Dave," I hissed.

He frowned, flipped me off and turned back towards the front. Our teacher, Mr. Morris, came in right after the bell and began our lesson.

*

I rushed off after class, to keep Dave from interrogating me, and went straight to the library. Normal was walking out just as I arrived.

"Hey, Nor," she smiled and stopped.

"What's up Sunshine?"

"Dave is looking for you, so watch out," her smile faded an she nodded.

"Thanks Sunny," I nodded back and headed into the library.

As a senior, everything was pretty easy now; we had SATs in December and we were given free period to study. I spent the majority of my study time doing so. Yeah, I know I'm not the most exciting person in the world; I was thankful for Normal.

I sat in the science fiction section and pulled out out my trig book to refresh myself. I would usually drift off; thinking of my future, but today I thought of Normal.

Normal had been my friend for almost 5 years; we met in junior high. Her big, amazing smile sort of caught me; we had the same gym class and I noticed her smile.

I couldn't help but to jog up next to her and asked her, her name.

"Marilyn Carter, yours?" she jogged slowly with me.

"Sunny Romero," she shook my hand with a smile.


Ever since that day we became attached at the hip. She trusted me with everything and told me all her secrets; and I her. She said I was the only person who didn't call her names behind her back; she was always called a bimbo or dumb blond by all the other girls.

When she started high school it became different. She was a sexual object to boys and the envy of girls; everyone wanted a piece of her. So as she became popular I clung to her; I was afraid of losing her.

Now, as we prepare to finish high school, we are becoming a little distant. I work at a book store, and Normal spends her time with the popular clique, and their rich families, while I catch a ride with her whenever I need it. Even as we drifted, we still seemed close.

And, I guess, I should explain her nickname, right? Well, in junior high all the kids always said Normal was perfect; Normal hated that. Well, one day she said she was sick of everyone saying she was perfect and wished she was normal.

"You'll always be normal to me," I had told her.

"That helps," she had replied sarcastically.

"What if I just call you normal all the time then?" she had grinned.

From that day, in the library, she was no long Marilyn to me; always Normal.
-

The school day seemed to pass quickly. I met Normal for lunch; she was at the popular table telling her tale. I had my greasy pizza and sat in the seat next to her.

"...Sunny was there..." she leaned over to me.

The bleach blond girls all looked to me; they wanted to see if she was lying. 

"I was," I said taking a bit of the sloppy pizza.

Normal grinned and went on about that Mikey guy. I didn't listen in when she explained how big he was; it made me sick.

When the bell rang, I popped in some gum and hugged Normal goodbye, and went onto history.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate to be the one ask for comments but...if you like it you should :)