Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Forgive or Forget

I thought about what mom had said; there will be other guys, but Frank was special. My heart ached for him, his burning touch, the coffee and nicotine scents that I loved to much, his funny grin and his kisses. As much as I wanted to forgive him, I couldn't; how do I know he won't do it again?

As for Normal, I decided to at least speak her, she was my best friend. My mind told me to be forget about her, the other told me to just forgive her and forget it ever happen. Another part of me wanted to strangle her. 

My mind spun like this for over a month; in the weeks Frank sent notes, buckets of roses, so many that I was now friendly with the delivery man, Avery. Normal called and came by, but I ignored her, Cameron had told me that she was moping; she deserved it too. I sought solace in her display of unhappiness.

On Valentine's day, Drew and I were shoveling the remain of snow from the sidewalk. Mom was at the hospital, on call, and I was expecting the delivery man.

"That Frank guy must really love you," Drew noted as we prepared to toss the shovels in the tool shed.

"Waste of beautiful flowers," I murmured bitterly.

"Sunny?" the delivery man met me at the front door.

"Hey Avery," I saw the flowers.

"From Frank again," I rolled my eyes.

"Can't you just tell them I moved?" I begged with a chuckle.

"I could always keep them," he said sheepishly.

"Go ahead," I shrugged, "your lady friend will like them," I handed the roses back.

"Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Yeah, just take 'em," Avery grinned and took them back.

"I was instructed to give this to you," he pulled an envelope from his pocket, "here you go."
The white envelope was thick, "Thanks, and I hope your girlfriend likes the roses," he waved goodbye and Drew and I went into the house.

I tossed the envelope on the coffee table and took my freezing coat off. Drew and I hopped on the couch and watched some bad TV.
-

"Whats this?" Mom asked holding up the envelope.

I turned from my spot in the kitchen, "Oh, it's from the delivery company or something," I shrugged and went back to making coffee and cocoa.

"It's tickets," she answered after ripping the envelope.

I turned back to her, "For what?"

"'My Chemical Romance at the Chicago State theater, for a Sunny Romero'," I frowned.

"Toss 'em," I advised crudely.

"From Frank?" she asked walking over.

"Yep, it's his band," she snarled and put them on the counter.

"When is that man going to get a hint?" she asked to herself.

"Hopefully soon."
-

When I went to school that Monday I put the tickets in a random locker. It had belonged to this freshman. She started to scream down the hall, "I got MCR tickets!"

Drew and I, along with a bunch of others, laughed as she did so. I couldn't get over how much it made me laugh. I didn't feel bad, I mean I just gave a fan front row seats.

At lunch, Normal came up to me. Her shiny blond hair had no bounce, her electric blue eyes lacked electricity. She moped over, pleading eyes, and tried to smile.

"Sunny, will you talk to me?"

I took a deep breath, I hated to see her this way, "Yes," I agreed reluctantly, "what do you need?"

"I'm sorry about everything, I am. I didn't mean to sleep with Frank, it just happened," her eyes filled with tears; Drew was making his way over.

"I know you're sorry, you're always sorry," I spoke bitterly, "no matter what you do, you're always sorry in the end. And I'm not going to forgive you, because you always do this to me. I don't need you, I don't want to be around you." I felt my throat tighten as Drew sat beside me.

"Am I interrupting something?" he asked.

"Do you mind giving us a minute?" he nodded and stood back up.

Once he was gone, she spoke, "Sunny, it was a stupid mistake, we wish we never done it, we love you--" I cut her off.

"You don't love me, because if you did you wouldn't have done what you did. You would have stopped him, you would have thought of me!" I swallowed the lump growing in my throat, "This past month I thought really hard, really, really hard and I can't wrap my mind around how the both of you could have done this to me. I also think that if you hadn't gotten drunk you would never had told me..." Normal's eyes swelled, "and some times I wish you hadn't...really wish you hadn't."

"You had to know...Dave was gonna tell you."

I eyed her, "That's the only reason you told me?"

She looked down, nodding, "He has the pictures. He said if I didn't get back together with him, he'd show you."

I frowned, looking past her, Dave was sitting at the usual jock table. I looked back at her, not knowing who I should be mad at.

"Get away from me." I balled my fist.

"Wait, Sunny--"

"I won't hesitate to hit you!"

She huffed, blinked a few times and left. I swallowed, again, looking at Dave; he noticed me, then blew a kiss.

I took a heavy, angry, breath and stood up. I walked over to his table, Drew grabbing my arm, and I stood in front of him. Dave, along with his friends looked at me, smiling.

"Can I help you Sunshine?"

I clenched my jaw, stepping towards him, "You want me to kill you, don't you?"

He smirked, "What'd I do to get your pretty little face over here?"

"I'm really gonna kick your ass now."

He and his buddies laughed, joking at my rising anger, "You got lucky, once."

"Sunny, come on," Drew tugged at my arm.

I snatched away from him, still snarling at Dave, "You keep pressing your luck, and it's getting tiring."

"What are you gonna do now?"

I stepped closer, "I want those goddamn pictures -every single copy- or I'll kill you."

He stood, my face came up to his chest, "You're a little small there, Sunshine."

"Give me the pictures, and I'll, gladly, leave you alone."

He leaned down, pressing into my ear, "Make me." he pressed his lips to my cheek.

That's when I lost it.

I hit him in the jaw, again, bending my plate, causing blinding pain. As soon as he was down, I shook off the pain and started kicking him, as hard as I could, in the chest. I don't think I stopped until I felt arms around my waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if this is terrible or not; I'm still trying to think of ideas about the next chapter, and how to bring Frank back in. I'm just confused, so if the next chapter is a little dull, don't hate me :)