Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

No Broken Bones, Just Tiny Cracks

I sat in the principles office, awaiting my punishment. Mrs. White, was talking to Officer Rivers, while I waited. My hand was bandaged, and I had to wait to go to the hospital. The bolts had bent, as well as the plate, and the pain was subsiding.

"Ms. Romero," Mrs. White came into the room, "your mother's here."

I sat still as my mom came in, her face filled with worry. I looked away, taking a deep breath.

"What happened?" she questioned as soon as Mrs. White, and herself, sat.

"Sunny hit Dave...again."

Mom looked over at me, "How's your hand?" she took my bandaged hand, worriedly.

"I messed up the plate."

Mrs. White coughed, "Her hand isn't a major issue here, the fight is."

Mom frowned at her, "That boy has been harassing my daughter ever since she started High School."

Mrs. White shook her head, "The kids all say Sunny started it."

"He has pictures!" I blurted, "All I wanted was the pictures!"

They both looked at me, confused, "What pictures?" they both, simultaneously, asked.

I sighed, "Intimate pictures...of myself...with my ex-boyfriend."

Mom widen her eyes at me, Mrs. White blushed, I blushed too.

"How do you know?" she asked.

"He threaten to put them online and he showed them to his friends! He also has some of Marilyn Carter."

Mrs. White pressed her lips, sighing heavily after, "This is a mess."

"He took them! He was stalking us, that's why I hit him last time!"

She sighed again, mom took my hand, looking it over, mostly to keep herself busy, "Well, did you ask for them back?"

"Yes, and he wouldn't and was acting like an asshole -forgive my language- that's why I hit him."

"Ok, well, as of now, you are banned from the graduation trip, and you have detention for 2 weeks."

I nodded, "Can I have the pictures?"

She nodded, "I'll tell Officer Rivers to give them to you."
-

I had to have surgery, again, to correct the damage. Mom wasn't mad, just worried. 

I had the pictures, they were at home, ready to be burned. They weren't pretty, and they sure as hell weren't flattering. He gave them all to me, including the ones with Marilyn and Frank. They turned my stomach, and I hated the thought of going through them.

"You cannot hit anyone else for a while, Sunny," the doctor joked, "at least for a year."

I shrugged, "Can we get this over with?"

He frowned at my unhappy demeanor, and nodded. I hated the thought of doing this again, but hitting Dave was the greatest release I've had in a while.

"How long will I have the cast for?"

"No broken bones, just tiny cracks..." the doctor hummed, looking at the x-rays, "I'd say 3 weeks."

I sighed and waited to be opened up again.
-

It took me 2 weeks to build up the guts to go through the pictures an burn them. My hand was still bandage, and I had to miss a few days of school, here and there, but I was still hot gossip.

I had a bin, out in the backyard, with a fire brewing. I tossed the pictures in it, watching the plastic curl then ash. It didn't make me feel better, I still needed a release. 

I looked at my bandage hand, it still stung, even after the operation. I sighed, wishing I could jump in the fire.

"Hey, barbecuing?" Drew joined beside me.

"Yeah, disgusting memories," he frowned at me.

"That Marilyn girl keeps asking for you."

I shrugged, "I don't care."

"What's wrong?" I turned towards him.

"Depressing teenage girl stuff...I feel like that idiot girl from Twilight."

He raised his brow, "Sorta look like her." I pushed him, playfully, and we started toward the front yard, "Oh, look, Avery's here."

I shook my head as we met him on the porch, "Sunny, how goes it?" he had a small box and roses.

"Very shitty, my friend," he handed me the clipboard, so I could sign, "how are you?"

"I'm fine. Got another package from Frank." I handed him the clipboard.

"Just what I need," I whooped sarcastically, "very original, roses and..." he handed me the small box, "something small."

"Have a good day, kid."

"Thanks Avery."

I tossed the roses in the trash, put the box in a drawer in my room, and intended to forget about it. I didn't need anymore reminders of Frank or Marilyn. I just wanted them out of my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to update quickly, since this chapter has no Frank, sorry, but the next one will. And I was wondering if I should put a chapter with Frank's POV; so let me know if I should.
And huge thanks for those comments and subscriptions; I love them all, they make my day!