Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

No, But Revenge Would Be Sweet.

Drew and I stood up, as the lot began to thin out. He took my hand as a couple of cars rolled in, "Will you be okay?" I nodded.

I pulled him into a warm hug. I liked the feeling of hugs, they made me feel whole. He let go and pecked my cheek.

"Remember what I said," he smiled down at me.

"I will."

Drew hugged me again, quickly and walked out of the parking lot. I sighed and leaned against the chain-link fence and waited for mom. I crossed my arms and saw a red rental car pull in. Familiar plugs, in the ears, made me raised my brow. My heart fell to my feet when I saw Frank driving. He pulled up next to her, and got out, hugging her. Everything in me felt on fire, angry and embarrassed. I felt so betrayed and pissed off; after all they did, to me, they were together? I swallowed hard and looked away.

The exhaustion feeling took over again. I hated that feeling, and wished Drew was back here. I, tried not to, look over at them. His hands snaked around her waist, the exhaustion was getting the best of me; I was gonna faint. Thankfully, mom showed up a few seconds later. Again, it took all my energy to move my feet to the car.

I set my pack on the floor and strapped in, "How was it?"

I bit back the tears, "Fine," my hoarse tone told her.

She pulled my chin towards her, "What happened?" her gentle tone made me want to cry.

"Just go," I ripped away from her, "I really wanna get this car thing out of the way."
-

"I like it," I answered quietly, "small, colorless, and cheap."

Mom stood next to me as we looked over this small, black Honda. It wasn't my dream car, the one I had told myself I would one day get. But, when you're a 18 year old girl, a '87 black impala is just a dream.

She twitched her lips, and shrugged, "Are you sure?"

I nodded, "I like it."

Mom smiled, and turned to the owner and shook her head, "We'll take it."

My own little car seemed to liberate me. I didn't have to walk, and I could drive away whenever I wanted. I couldn't wait to drive away from the kids at school in it. The car had a CD player, which made me a happy chick, so I could blast my music whenever, and how loud, I wanted. The seats were comfy, it was clean, and smelled like oranges. This was my new baby.

I spent the rest of the night, relaxing on the couch. Mom had to head to work, and I was alone. It didn't bother me, I preferred it now. I changed the channels for an hour or two, sick of the same old shit on TV. I was, now, officially the most unexciting person in the planet.
-

As the night wore on, I started to get sleepy. I yawned softly and heard a knock on the door. I groaned and walked over, "Who is it?"

There was no answer. I peaked out of the peep hole and saw a dark figure. I cocked my brow and walked back to the couch, but they knocked again, louder.

"Who is it?" I shouted again.

The person didn't answer. 

Against my better judgment, I opened the door. 

The figure had a hoodie over their eyes, a little frown, hands dug into their hoodie pockets, and I instantly knew who it was; Mikey.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, cocking my brow.

He shifted, "I came to talk to you."

"Why?"

"It's kinda cold, can I come inside?" I chewed at my lip and sighed.

"Fine," I stepped aside as he walked in.

I closed the door behind him, and turned. He flipped off his coat, tossing it on the arm chair. I walked over to the couch and faced him.

"Okay, what is it that you need?" I was starting to get frustrated.

"Ray told me that I made Marilyn sleep with Frank, and now everyone is mad at me!" he looked pissed off, his messy, dark hair hung around his angry mug.

"And?" I crossed my arms.

"I want to set shit straight," he ground his brows at me, "I never made those assholes do anything!"

His sight made me flinch, and I started to believe him. I chewed at my lip again, "Are you being serious?"

He nodded, his lips tight, "I was pissed when I found the pictures at the hotel...I warned Frank." 

I sighed, feeling angrier, and slumped my shoulders, "It doesn't really matter now, Mikey, I'm not with Frank anymore."

Mikey soften his features, "Yeah, I know, everyone is blaming it on me."

"I'm sorry, Mikey, I didn't know."

He shrugged, "It's...okay, I guess, isn't your fault."

I looked up at him, "For my sake, don't be angry with Frank...just pretend like you guys never met me."

He frowned, "I can't do that, I want us to be friends, you're a nice girl."

I tweaked my lips, "Really?"

He smiled softly, "Yeah."

Mikey pulled me into a warm hug, letting me go a few seconds later. He held my hand for a minute, looking down at me. At that moment, I knew the inevitable would happen.

Mikey leaned down, slowly pressing his lips to mine. My hands took shape around his waist, closing my eyes as his tongue traced my lips. I couldn't hold back, I didn't care if it felt wrong, either.

His hands trailed up my shirt, roaming the small of my back, pulling me closer to his warm body. I felt all my senses go on edge, wanting more, kissing harder. 

Mikey pulled away, "I...are you...should we?"

I swallowed hard, dropping back into reality, "I don't know."

He pulled his hands from me, "You're a great friend to me, Sunny...you're really sweet, I don't think I could do that to you...but the revenge would be sweet," he chuckled.

I placed my hands around my middle, I knew it was wrong to want more, and I felt the same as Mikey; Revenge would be awesome, "Yeah, we shouldn't."

Mikey smiled down at me, "Do we pretend that this never happen?"

I smirked, "I wont tell, if you don't."

Mikey nodded, pulling my chin up, "Frank fucked up," he kissed me again, "stay sweet, Sunny."
-

I woke up, the next morning feeling a lot better. I thought about what could have happen yesterday, and was glad that Mikey stopped it. Who knows what would have happened, I couldn't risk it. But I was glad to have Mikey as a friend now.

"Sunny are you up?" 

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, "Yeah."

I got up, heading to the shower, thinking of what Mikey had said. He wasn't responsible, which made me a little more angry, but I knew I'd get over it; I had too.

Drew met me outside, with a little grin. I waved to him from my yard and he made his way over.

"I noticed you got a new partner in transportation," I shook my head.

I put my hand on the hood of my car, "Yep, my new baby."

"So I can get a ride too?" he grinned.

I nodded, "Of course."

In the car, I played Phantom Planet; a new band I was getting into. I loved the way Alex Greenwald sounded; and I listened carefully to keep from blabbing to Drew about Mikey's visit. Drew didn't really know anything of Mikey, and I didn't know how he'd react, so I kept it to myself.

"Hey, Sunny, are you over that one guy?" Drew broke my thoughts.

I shrugged, "Half way there," I answered turning into the school parking lot.

"What would you think about us?" I looked over at him as I parked.

I was a bit taken back, "Like dating?" he nodded.

I didn't know how to answer him, I honestly didn't want to get involved again so quickly. I hated to turn him down, but I had to.

"Drew, you're an amazing guy, but I'm too..." I turned the car off, trying to find the right words to describe my fucked up mind, "I'm...crazy, I'm not ready to get involved with you because after what Frank did," I bit my lip and looked at my lap, "I don't trust people, too much, anymore."

I looked up at Drew, he seemed to be processing it. He sighed and then smiled, "Ok, I understand."

I sighed happily, "I know it's cliche to say, but it's not you, it's me...crazily me."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one took my about 2 hours, I was on a roll! I listened to Dookie while writing it, so if you see a bit of Longview in there, that's why. I really wanted to incorporate Mikey and have him become friends with Sunny; I even thought about having them sleep together, but I didn't know how you all would feel about it. And, the undying question about Sunny being pregnant: I don't think I wanna write her pregnant, I mean isn't it a little too soon? Anyways, I hope you liked this update, I'm now back in my little writers block stump! So please, I really appreciate it, if you give me ideas about what should come next, or what you would like to see next; it really helps me! Don't be afraid to vent out! I love it!
Thank you, again and again, for reading, and getting me 138 subscribers! You guys are amazing!

***and I fixed the links in chapter 35!