Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Losing It

My ears popped.

"Get her off of her!" someone screamed; I'm pretty sure it was Mrs. White.

I felt heavy arms, bulky, pull me off and hold me against their chest. I didn't say a word, I don't even think I looked angry.

"Take Sunny to my office!" it was Mrs. White, definitely.

"Bitch tried to kill me!" Tonya shrieked.

"Fuck you!" I screamed out; finally feeling the adrenaline, "Fuck you!"

I struggled in the campo's arms, trying my hardest to return and kill her, "Calm down, kid!" the campo yelled at me.

I'm pretty sure I looked like I had went mental, I mean, a bulky man had to carry me down the hall while I was yelling profanities and fighting him. I saw the stares and whispers, and I even saw Drew; he was only a few feet away. I brought my leg up and kicked him, as hard as I could, in the chest; he fell back with a grunt and thud.

"Asshole!" I screamed at him.

"Get her out of the hall!" 
-

"What is wrong with you?" Mrs. White asked, her frazzled mind matched her hair, "Why did you attack two students?"

I frowned at her, still shaking from anger and adrenaline, "That bitch Tonya kicked me and made me rip my jeans! She has been making my life a living hell for the past 2 months! That asshole Drew Edwards tried to rape me 2 weeks ago!" I rambled, half yelling, at her.
She looked confused, like I was crazy. Maybe I was.

"She kicked you?"

I nodded, "Ask Cameron Michaels! She started it!"

Mrs. White coursed her white hair, looking as if her world were crumbling, "Okay, calm down, Sunny."

I bounced my right leg, feeling angrier. I couldn't hold back anymore, I just started crying. I cried, in front of someone, who I didn't love. I cried from the frustration and hurt I had been harboring.

"I'm going to talk to the both of them," she started, sighing, "but, you are suspended for the rest of the week, and you cannot participate in any--"

"I don't want to participate in any of your bullshit school activities!" I shouted, "I don't want to go on the goddamn senior trip, or to the goddamn prom, walk the stage, or party with any of these assholes! I want out!"

Mrs. White nodded, pursing her lips, "You may go now, Sunny."

I got up from my chair, not bothering to push it in or close her door. I walked out of that office still fuming.
-

Mom was waiting when I got home. By now, all the energy in my anger had died, and I was back to being pitiful Sunny Romero. 

I met mom's disappointed gaze as I made my way to the sofa. She looked me over, "What happened?" she asked quietly.

"Didn't Mrs. White call you?" I spat, unknowingly, angry.

Mom shook her head, "She just said that she was sending you home for a fight."

I sighed, rubbing my aching neck, "I hit Tonya Bennett, and I kicked Drew in the chest," I spilled quietly, "I got sick of their shit, mom."

She nodded, "You've been having a hard time, I know."

I felt myself become angry again, I dot know why, I just did, "One more month and then I'm so out of here," I told her, "I don't even think I want to go to college. I don't wanna be in Chicago anymore!"

Mom furrowed her brows, "Where do you want to go?"

"Somewhere, where I'm wanted. Where I'm loved and no one treats me like shit," I explained, feeling tears, "I wanna go back in time, honestly."

Mom sucked in her lip, unsure of what to say, "I'm sorry, Sunny. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time."

I shook my head, "I'm gonna go lie down."
-

Frank called, and it wasn't good. I looked forward to his calls, but this wasn't a good one.

"I have something to tell you," Frank started; prompting me for bad news. 
I knew the tone.

"What?" I asked him, dreading the worse.

"The guys and I are going on tour overseas," I furrowed my brows.

"And? Isn't that good?"

He hummed, "We leave the 2nd week of June," this when he sighed and gotten quiet, "and we'll be gone for 2 months." I didn't answer, I just processed it slow. "Sunny?" he called after a moment.

"Yeah, I'm still here," I murmured.

"Are you gonna be okay with it?"

I nodded, to no one, "I guess so."

I was lying. The weight of the world; bullshit high school world, was crushing me. I knew the tears would come, but I tried to keep them at bay for as long as possible.

"I'm gonna come down though, for your graduation, and then we can hang out until I leave."

I huffed, trying to hide the tears, "I know," I mumbled.

"Don't cry, Sunshine," I bit my lip, quivering from emotion.

"I'm not cryin'," I told him, "I'm just sick."

He chuckled, "Yes, you are, Sun, I know you."

I smiled a bit, "Ok, I'll stop," I huffed again, "I'm just missing you."

"I'll be back, soon, I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
I miss Frank :(
He'll be back, don't worry

But for now, enjoy his face!

Image