Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Up Shit Creek, Without A Paddle

Frank's POV

I watched Sunny sleep in my arms; the corners of her lips turned up, for once, and her eyes draped closed. I smiled, kissing the corner of her lips and tighten my arms around her. I knew I was madly in love with her, more so than I had ever.

This moment with her was special, I wanted it to be special, and I can't tell you why. I just love the girl, can I leave it at that? I guess it has to deal with the fact that I would be gone for 2 months, overseas, and we wouldn't see each other for a long time. I don't know how Ray or Gerard did it, but they made it work, especially Ray. He knew all the tricks and ropes about keeping in contact with his wife.

Then, that hit me; marriage. Sunny would be my wife some day. We would have little babies running around some day, we would live in the same home together, share the same bed. Everything, and it would be perfect. 

The perfect life, with Sunny, was all I was shooting for. Spending the rest of my days with this girl who made me feel special, so good about myself. I took a good look of her; the small dimples, and beauty marks that showered her body, I loved them all. The small scars and 'imperfections' were what I loved about her; she was real.

I got so lost in her that she actually woke up; "Frank?"

I snapped from my daze, "Hmm?"

She looked at me, tired and stupidly, "Your cell phone is ringing."

I shook my head, and kissed her cheek, "Sorry, go back to sleep."

She gave me a weird look and took hold of the pillow beside her. I turned and grabbed my cell that was on the night stand. I put it on silent and tried to read the number, but I didn't know it. I took a gamble and answered it, getting out of the bed.

"Hello?"

I small squeaky voice answered me, "Frank, we need to talk!"

Oh, God, it was Marilyn.

I looked back at Sunny, she was still cuddled, "Talk? Talk about what?" I played off coolly, just in case she was listening.

"Its really important, are you alone?" 

I groaned softly, pacing around, toward the bathroom door, just in my boxers, "Yeah, what?"

She let out a little squeal of anxiety, "I'm...I'm pregnant!"

I whipped back quickly, looking to see if Sunny had heard; she was still in her slumber, "What?" I still played, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm pregnant, and it's definitely yours!"

I pursed my lips, staring at Sunny, "How do you know?"

Marilyn began to sob, and I pressed the phone to my shoulder. I had only prayed that Sunny couldn't hear. God, why now?

Marilyn was still rambling when I got back, "I'm coming to check it out," I tried to make it sound like business.

"What?" she asked confused.

"I just landed in Chicago," I still stared at her, sleeping peacefully.

"Oh...oh good."

I sighed, "Alright, bye."

I turned my phone off and laid it on the dresser. I ran my palms down my face, sighing heavily. I quickly grabbed my jeans and shirt, and began to dress. I put on my socks and sat at Sunny's feet.

"Sun?" I tapped her lightly, "Sunny, are you asleep?"

She turned, her cute, tired eyes met me, "Hmm?" she answered, just like I had done.

"I have to check on some stuff for Brian, will you be okay?"

She smiled sleepily, "I'm perfect, I just wanna lie here."

My heart skipped a beat, I was felt like a goddamn shmuck, "Alright, I'll be back as soon as I can."

She nodded, and slipped back into her position. I slipped my vans on and stood up, my stomach twisted with anxiety, "Love you," I kissed her temple.

"Love ya, Frankie."

Fuck me.
-

I took a cab to Marilyn's. I was in such a hurry I tipped the cab driver 15 bucks. I got out the cab and rushed up to the door, knocking quickly, and shifting anxiously, still.

Her door opened, she stood there, short shorts, powder blue v-neck, hair high and make up heavy. There were 3 creases across her forehead, the worried look, and she sighed in relief.

"Tell me your joking!" I told her.

"I'm not!" 

I walked in, eying her, becoming angry, "You have to be kidding," I retorted.

"I'm not," she repeated, "the test is right here."

I stood back as she went to her foyer center piece, with a large arraignment of flowers. She stood for a moment and came back holding something in a piece of tissue. A pregnancy test, with 2 pink lines.

"Maybe it's a false--"

She cut me off, "The doctor said I'm 7 weeks along."

I squeezed my eyes shut, pinching the bridge of my nose, still praying it was a joke. I opened my eyes, she still stood there, awaiting me. I leaned against the front door, palms covering my face. It was all like a horror movie that shook me to my core.

"No! No, this cannot be happening!" I shouted angrily, "This can't be happening!"

"It's happening," she hissed at me.

I dropped my hands, "You have to get rid of it! I just got back with Sunny!"

She furrowed her brows, "What? It's my baby, too! I can't just 'get rid of it'," she quoted.

I stomped my foot, out of habit and anger, "Fuck! Fuck!" I screamed out.

"Who's gonna tell her?" she asked coolly.

I shot a look at her, "No one is telling her anything!" 

She frowned, "How do you suppose we go about this then?"

I was fuming, anxious and unable to think quickly. I almost began to sob, it was terrifying.

"I'm leaving for Japan in June," I told her, "We have to tell her when I come back."

She kept her brows creased, "What? For how long?"

"The beginning of August."

She scowled, "Fine."

I knew it wasn't fine. I knew that Marilyn would somehow blurt it out to her, and I didn't want it to happen while I was away. I was beyond fucked. I was up shit creek without a paddle.

"Do not tell Sunny a goddamn thing!" I warned her, "Not a fucking word about this!"
"What if--"
I cut her off, "No what-if's! You don't tell her shit about us! Nothing at all!"
-
I paced the lobby before heading up to the room. I was so on edge, so scared, and so sick. I kicked myself for giving in and sleeping with Marilyn that week Sunny was with Mikey. Why did I do it? Oh yeah, because I'm a fucking jealous idiot who has to even the score!

I was royally fucked now. It was over, Sunny and I were officially done. Our relationship was kaput once I would come back. 

What the fuck went wrong?! Why did I sleep with her at all?

Why? 

Why?

A few more shouts at my conscience, I went back up to the room. The elevator ride was quiet with me scolding myself. The walk down the corridor was killer, it inched me only a few feet from Sunny. The girl I wish was carrying my baby, instead of that idiot Marilyn.

I stared at the door, mesmerizing the numbers 213. I swallowed, pulled out my key card and opened the door. I could hear her soft singing of a song that I didn't know. She sang the words perfectly, as if she had written it herself. I closed the door and followed in, seeing her dancing on the bed, singing a song, and not sounding half bad either.

"'God I wish I could hate you the rest of my life'," she sang that line and it cut right through me.

She was singing Midtown.
Sunny turned, just as she was getting into the second verse. She stopped mid-dance and blushed, pulling the white earbuds from her ears; "How much did you hear?" that little embarrassed look made me smile, melting away my problems.

"At about the end of the hook," I told her with the same smile.

"Was I bad?" she climbed off the bed, and sat.

I shook my head, "No, you were amazing," she rolled her eyes, "hey, I'm serious."

"Sure," she put the iPod on the night stand.

I sat beside her, "I didn't know you were a Midtown fan," I started, to keep my thoughts busy.

She raised her brow, "I am their biggest...former biggest fan," she said with an accomplished tone, "I love Midtown."

I hadn't known that, "Really? Have you ever seen them live?"

She nodded, "Yep, twice. I even met Gabe, Robb and Heath."

This was keeping me busy, "Did they come here? I thought they were based in New York and Jersey."

"Yeah," she chuckled, "I had to beg my mom and Ronnie to take me for my 14th birthday, it was a Halloween bash, and Ronnie bribed the bouncer to let me in the club. It was the best night of my life."

I watched her gush, her smile appearing wider, definitely making me feel better, "When was the last time?"

"Marilyn's brother took us to Jersey to see them. I had heard a rumor that they were breaking up, and I contacted Heath, on myspace, and begged him for tickets, and he got them for me, and it's pretty much history; he was very nice and let us in the club without IDs. I met the band after, all except Tyler."

I wanted to ask more, keeping her talking, I only wanted to memorize her voice and remember every little sound, "We could have met," I told her, with a small smile.

She shrugged, "Maybe we did," she snickered back.

"I don't remember the last time I saw Midtown, but I know it was definitely before '04."

"Lucky you," she said, "I love those guys."

I went on with the questions, listening and soaking in as much of her as I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, but I had to add some drama. I know it's kinda messed up, but I wanted some action! Please don't hate me! It won't last forever...

And yes, I am a big Midtown fan, as well as a huge Cobra Starship fan, so I love Gabe Saporta to pieces. Check out the song, too, I put it in there, under the name Midtown; it's fucking good!