Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

All I Want Is The Truth

Sunny's POV

Ever since Frank came to visit, he was more private and distant than ever. He would leave the room to answer his calls, and he wouldn't take me out anywhere.

At school, there was more whispers than usual, and as usual, I didn't care. School was ending soon, and that's all I cared about. I also cared about why Frank was so distant.

I had confronted him about it, but he would just say: "I'm just getting things ready."

I knew there was more, but I couldn't just assume there was. I hated to think it, but I thought maybe he was cheating on me. The worse fear, something I hoped I was imagining.

I got a call from Mikey, the last week of May; school was only one more week from being over.

"I'm coming to visit!" he told me happily.

"Really? When?"

"Sometime Friday, Gee booked my flight, so there's no telling."

He and I shared a giggle, "I can't wait, Mikey! We can hang out and have some fun," I said the last part a little soft, almost sad.

Mikey picked up on it, "What's wrong, Sunny?"

"Nothing," I lied, "I just can't wait to see you," I tried to hide it.

He hummed, "There's something more," he assumed; he was right.

"It's just..." I tried to find the right words to say, without seeming like I had gone mental, "I have this weird feeling about Frank."

"Like what?"

I hummed, again, "Like, maybe he's cheating on me."

"What's he doing for you to think this?"

I thought of the many times; "He whispers when he's on the phone, he walks out of the room, and he and I don't go anywhere or--" I stopped myself, "Maybe I'm just being cynical...?"

Mikey was silent for a moment, "Did you talk to him about it?" Mikey seemed a little more angry, but I knew he was hiding his real reaction. 

"Yeah, but he just says he's preparing for the tour."

Mikey hummed, too, "I'll talk to him, okay?"

I shrugged, to myself, "No. No, it's alright, I think I'm just being crazy."

"Sunny, you aren't crazy, you're being a girlfriend, you have suspicions," Mikey's rebuttal was convincing, but I waved it away.

"Yeah, yeah you're right, Mikey," I said to him, just to drop it, "enough about that, okay?"

"Alright, Sun," he chuckled.
-

I had gotten off of work and drove home. Frank and I hadn't talked today; mainly because he was attached to his phone, and it was always busy. I decided to just give up and wait for him to come to me.

"Hey, Mija, how are you?" mom was on the couch, reading over a letter.

"Same ol', same ol'," I sat beside her, "Saturdays are always good to me."

She smiled, "Well, I have some news for you," she told me, almost anxiously.

"What's up?" I asked, looking her over.

"I got this letter today...and it's good news," she bit at her bottom lip.

"What?" I asked, smiling with her.

"This prestigious hospital would like for me to work for them," she spilled excitedly, "they have an opening, with great pay, and amazing benefits."

I grinned, "That's great, mom!" I pulled her into a hug, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you," she pulled away, but then her smile disappeared, "but...there's something else."

I didn't let my smile drop, "Yeah?"

She looked at me, uneasy, "The job is all the way in California."

I felt my heart skip a beat, but I didn't stop smiling, and I hid my feelings of anxiety, "So?"

She furrowed her brows, "So?" she repeated, "I can't take the job and leave you here!"

I shrugged, still looking happy, "Mom, I'll be fine!" I told her, "I have financial aid for school, I have a job, and I have money in my savings, I can rent a small apartment."

She sighed, relieved, "You can handle yourself alone?"

I nodded, still feeling a little sad, "Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, mom."

She bit at her lip, "They want me to join by the end of June."

I continued to give her a look of encouragement, "I'm excited for you. I know you'll do great, and the money will be nice, and the California weather will be a change," I nudged her, all the while being supportive, "I can't hold you back."

She sighed again, "I have to get everything ready; rent out the house, call and make arraignments," she but at her lip again, "I hate the thought of leaving you by yourself."

"Mom, it's not for another month!"

"I know," she pecked my cheek, "but I miss you already!"

I shook my head and let her grip me into a hug again.
-

I met Frank at the Starbucks next to my job. It was about 8, and I was getting tired. Saturdays took a lot out of me, and I had been worrying about my mom leaving. As much as I faked, I could have been an actress, and I almost started to cry when I left the house.

"Hey," I smiled at Frank as I entered the shop.

"Sun," he grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist, "I missed you," he cooed into my ear.

"How much?" I asked with a smile, digging my face into his neck.

"This much," he said, squeezing me tighter.

I giggled, "Well, is your phone dead?"

"No, why?"

I looked up at him, loosing his grip, "Because, it's not stuck to your ear."

He smirked down at me, kissing the tip of my nose, "I'm sorry. I've just been getting things finished."

I swallowed down the accusation, "I know, I know."

He pecked my lips, "Wanna go?"

"Yep."
-

I soaked in the hotel bath tub, listening to the iPod dock Frank had brought. The Academy Is... was playing, my favorite record Santi. They weren't Frank's type of band, but he let me blare it in the bathroom. I sang along to Everything We Had; typical sad song, and I remembered all the times I refused to listen to it after Frank and I broke up; the song made me cry. Of course, I wasn't crying now, but it sparked some ideas in my head; like how secretive Frank was being. 

It played, in my head, that he could be messing with Marilyn again. That thought made me angry, but it was a one in a million chance. He said he would never go near her again, and that he was disgusted with himself that he had even thought about going with her. I had hoped that he was being truthful, he had to be.

But, as my mom says, he's a man. He's a man, men cheat, men are sometimes untruthful, and they lie. It's typical for men to think with their dicks, than with their brains, when a pretty girl is near by. I wanted Frank to be one of the men that weren't like that; he had been in the past before, but he could change, right? I never bugged him to change, I loved him the way he was, and all I asked was for him to be truthful with me; but at this very moment, I knew he wasn't.

Frank knew I was becoming suspicious, I asked questions, I didn't believe half of it, sometimes, and he could see it. Even as he told me excuse after excuse, I pretended to believe it, and he would give me a big kiss and tell me that he loved me. All I wanted was the truth.

"Sunny?" Frank came into the bathroom, his fingers hanging onto the silver knob, "I'm going to go get some food, want anything?"

I flicked the swarm of suds from my chest, "Whatever you get," I told him.

"Alright, all be back soon."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you," he said back, but it sounded a little down, as if he were sad.

I wondered as he left the bathroom and out the room. Why was he upset? Did I do something wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like you guys hate me for the last chapter, but ya know, I really like the way I wrote these last few chapters, so my story will end the way I tended it to. And, I'm adding all these bands because I love them, I love The Academy Is..., they were the first band I got hooked on. If you haven't heard of them, or any of their music, you should, just to hear what they're like.
Don't forget to comment :)