Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Sick

Frank's POV

Marilyn was threatening me everyday; threatening to tell Sunny. She pegged me around, as if I were her messenger boy, to come by and see her. I don't see the point; we aren't together, I hate her, and she looked the same everyday!

Sunny was becoming suspicious and I don't blame her. Everyday I felt as if she knew, I was on edge and scared that someone would blurt it out to her. Marilyn, of course, had told her friends that she was pregnant, a few of them saw me while I 'visited' her. Each one of them went to school with Sunny, each one of them could tell her at anytime. What the hell was I to do then?

"What took you so long?" Marilyn asked as I stepped into her house.

"They didn't have the French vanilla at the mini mart down town, I had to go to a supermarket," I placed the bag of peanuts, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and French vanilla ice cream on her table in the foyer, "the drive is a bitch, too."

She frowned at me, "It isn't all about you--"

I cut her off, "Of course it's not! You are so goddamn selfish, and fucking annoying!" she furrowed her brows at me, "You can't tell me that you couldn't drive down the street and get your own damn ice cream? Why did I have to do it?"

She crossed her arms, "I have company," she said simply.

"Get off it, already!" I groaned at her, "I'm so sick of this! I am done being your whipping boy!"
I turned back to the door and opened it, "Fine, I'll just give Sunny a call right now."

"You don't even have her number," I turned back to her, "and like she would listen to you anyway!"

"I have her home number, and her mother will." she had a little smirk.

Sunny's mom already hates me, what the fuck would she do if she found out Marilyn was pregnant? 

"I hate you," I snarled at her.

She just giggled, "You can go now."

I pursed my lips, turned and walked out her door.
-

I returned back to the hotel with a vegetarian pizza and some of Sunny's favorite fruit juice. I knocked on the door, hoping she was dressed to open it.

"Who is it?" her soft voice asked.

"Pizza boy," I joked.

I heard her squeal and then open the door. She grinned at me, wearing only a long sleeve and boy shorts. I stepped in, handing the juice to her, and eying her little attire.

"You dressed up for me?" I smirked at her, placing the pizza of the table.

"Of course," she twirled, shaking her messy curls around.

I had barely noticed she was playing music. I didn't know the words, band, or song.

"Who is this?" I asked sitting on the bed; the iPod dock was on the night stand still playing.

"The Academy Is...," she announced, it was like she was proud, "I love them."

I smirked at her, "I thought you love me?"

She shook her head, "I love them like I love Midtown," she stood in front of me, "this is their first record."

I watched her sway to the next song, "What's this song called?"

"Skeptics and True Believers," she never stopped dancing; and she began to sing along.

Every word was almost like it was directed at me, but I knew it was a coincidence. When the song slowed, she took my hand, "You okay?"

She must've read my guilty face, "Yeah, just hungry," I lied quickly.

"Okay, you get the paper plates, and I'll turn the music off."

I nodded and grabbed the paper plates.
--

I had barely been able to see Sunny for the past 3 days. I was so exhausted, and so tired of answering my phone, I just locked myself in the hotel room for a day. I shut my phone off, and took a long deserved nap. I didn't even answer the door; there were 4 different occasions, and they were all Sunny. I felt like such an asshole.

Of course, I felt horrible about it, I mean leaving Sunny out and not calling, but I needed to get away. I needed to be alone and think things through. 

I didn't know how I would break the news to Sunny, to tell her the truth. I knew it was over, and I wanted to make it last as long as possible. The whole thing was killing me; a baby, losing Sunny, and having to deal with Marilyn for the rest of my life.

God, dealing her was going to be hell. I, of course, had to tell my family, and the guys, and receive more shit. My life was fucking over, and I just hoped everyone would understand and be supportive.

I had imagined what Sunny would do or say; I was expecting a slap or a kick. I knew there would be tears and yelling, and the ultimate break up. God, I wasn't looking forward to it, I wasn't looking forward to any of this. I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself to think twice about sleeping with her.

I finally turned my cell on, seeing I had 56 missed calls; 10 from Sunny, 30 from Marilyn, and the rest from the guys. What the hell did Marilyn want now? Did she tell Sunny? If she did, I really didn't care anymore; if it was gonna end, I didn't want to be there when Sunny cried; I hated seeing her cry.

I played the first voice mail; it was Sunny.

"Hey, it's me," her sweet voice was like music to my ears, "I want to know if you're alright, I haven't gotten a call or a text. I hope your okay, Frankie. I love you."

My heart wrenched, it sank to the put of my stomach.

Next one: Mikey.

"I'll be in on Wednesday, dude, don't forget!"

The next 20 were from Marilyn, wanting to know where I was and her threats. I just shook them off and called Sunny.

"Hello?" her voice was whispered.

"Sunny? Were you sleeping?"

She hummed, "Frank? Where have you been?" her voice was hoarse.

"I was at the hotel, I'm sorry, I just need to get away for a second."

"Are you sick?" she sounded sick herself.

"No, I just...just thinking about the tour." I lied again.

"You could have told me," she didn't sound too good.

"Sun, are you sick?"

"My co-worker, Martin, has the flu and gave it to me...asshole."

I smiled to myself, "I'll be over in a bit--"

"You'll get sick."

I huffed, "I haven't seen you in 30 hours, I can handle a little cold to see you."

She chuckled, a thick, sick, chuckle, "Okay, I can't wait to see you."

"Me either," I smiled, "I love you."

"I love you, Frankie."
-

Mikey called after Sunny, and I had nearly forgotten. I went to pick him up; his arms were crossed against his chest an he had an annoyed look.

"Sorry man," he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah," he got into the passenger side of my rental car, "I need a bed and some coffee."

I bought Mikey the largest coffee I could find, bought him dinner, and took him to the hotel. I watched him go in and I drove down to Sunny's.

It was 7 pm and her car was in the drive way, but her mom's wasn't. Thank God.

I parked at the curb, locked it, and jogged up the porch. I knocked swiftly, then heard her hoarse voice, "It's open."

I opened the door, and was met with a tired eyed, Sunny. She was cuddled on the couch with a pink quilt, NyQuil on the coffee table, orange juice and a bottled water. 

I smiled at her, closing the door, "I am so sorry," I went over and sat at her feet.

"I'm sick," she repeated to me, "I feel like hell."

I nodded, "I know, I wish I could make it better."

She shrugged, "My head hurts, and my throat is on fire," she listed tiredly, "I hate orange juice."

I thought maybe she was high off cough syrup, and I chuckled at the thought, "Babe, go to sleep."

"I can't, I don't want too."

I shook my head, "You have to get better."

"I am better," I raised my brow, "you're here."

I bit my lip, feeling guiltier, "Do you want me to lay with you?" 

She nodded, "Yes please." 

She uncovered her upper half, showing off her black tank top, that was covered with sweat, "Sunny, are you okay?"

She nodded, again, "I just want you."

I tweaked my mouth, kicking off my shoes, "Okay."

I took my place behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling the cool quilt across us. Sunny mumbled something incoherent, and pulled my hand up to her face; she kissed my open palm and tucked it in her chest.

"I hate Martin," she stated tiredly, "but I love Frankie."

What did I do to deserve this?
♠ ♠ ♠
I got bored, so here's another update.