Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

The World Has It's Shine, But I Would Drop It On a Dime For You

Frank's POV

"Bye, mom," Sunny hugged her mom, while I stood behind her, "I love you."

"Bye Mija," she pecked Sunny's cheek, "you guys behave," she mostly gestured towards me, "call if you need anything."

Sunny nodded and watched her mom walk out the house and toward her awaiting cab. Once she was inside, Sunny closed the door and turned towards me; her smile ate right through me. 

"So what do--"

She was cut off by my phone ringing. She let out a sigh as I dug through my pocket to get it. I looked at the screen, it was Marilyn again.

"Hold on," I told her, causing a frown.

She sat on the couch, while I went outside. I closed the door behind me, and answered it;
"What?! What do you want?" I shouted at her.

"Whoa, hold it with the attitude, daddy."

My stomach churned, "Fuck, can't you leave me alone for five fucking minutes?"

She giggled, "Unless we should tell Sunny..."

I looked at the door, my heart pumping and my attitude toward Marilyn grow angrier.

"Fuck it!" I hissed at her, "I fucking quit! I'll tell her!"

Marilyn chuckling, "Just be at my house by 1 am, after she kicks you out."

The line went dead and I shoved the phone in my pocket. 

It was killing me, keeping this from Sunny. She isn't dumb, she knows something is up, and I couldn't hide it anymore. Even Mikey was asking what was up with me, and I sure as hell couldn't tell him, he'd tell Sunny.

I rubbed my neck, opened the door and walked in. Sunny looked up at me, earbuds in her ears, and a smile appearing on her face.

"That was fast," she noted.

I nodded and sat beside her. She was messing with her iPod, and I noticed she was playing Cobra Starship, I smiled to myself; she loves Gabe Saporta.

"What song are you playing?" I asked her.

She took an earbud from her ear, putting it in my own; a slow song song started to play, "It's called The World Has It's Shine," her pretty lips pronounced each word perfectly, "it's really sweet."

The song played, and each line reminded me of myself and Sunny. Everything he sang about was, almost, about our relationship. This sing could sum it up.

That's when my heart ached. I knew I would have to tell Sunny the truth, and I was dreading it. The promise ring I gave her, would probably be thrown in my face; but I hope she wouldn't throw it at me. I winced at the thought, and my thoughts scattered when the song changed.

"Did you like it?" she asked, pausing the next song.

"Yeah," I smiled, "it reminded me of us."

She bit her lip, "Me, too."

Her cute face scrunched up, smiling at me. I couldn't see her cry, I didn't want her to cry, I didn't want to her hurt her anymore.
-

"Don't cheat!" Sunny screamed at Mikey, "I don't know how to work this thing!"

Mikey laughed at her, "Rusty," he poked at her side.

"I don't remember!" 

The two were playing Mario Kart while I sat in the bed, watching them, they looked like grown kids; well, that's what they were. I had a cigarette at my lips, erasing Marilyn's text messages, ordering me to do and bring things for her. I didn't respond, only deleted them all. 

"Ah! Shell!" Sunny cried, "Jerk!"

She and Mikey pushed each other until Mikey won. Sunny huffed, and looked at me.

"Kill him, Frankie," she pouted.

"What'd you do to my baby?" I asked Mikey, blowing a cloud of smoke from my lips.

"Ain't my fault she sucks."

I chuckled, Sunny stared at me, "You're taking his side?" she crossed her arms.

"No," I lent out my hand, and she took it, "Just admiring the fact that you are rusty, babe." I pulled her on my lap, an kissed her cheek.

"Okay," she smiled, "can we play something else now?"

Mikey rolled his eyes, "Yes, cry baby."

Sunny got off my lap and joined Mikey on the floor. I went back to my messages, as they poured in, and continued to delete and block her number.
-

Marilyn stopped calling over the next few days, and it was like heaven. I spent most of my time having fun with Sunny; even though she had to work and was looking for an apartment.

We drove towards the CSU campus, where she admired it; "I can't believe I'm going," she murmured, "I hope I can handle it."

I took her hand, "You will."

She gave me a small smile, "Will you love me even if I'm a failure?"

I chuckled, "I dropped out of college," I told her, "plus, I'll always love you."

She bit at her lip and pecked my cheek, "Thanks, Frankie."

We continued to drive, until we got to some apartment complexes. Sunny looked around, mainly at the outside, because she didn't have an appointment until next Saturday. I watched her eye it, and turned to me, "Do you think it's nice?"

I shrugged, "Pretty clean," I noted.

"Yeah." she hummed back.

I then took her to best buy, so she could get this CD she wanted. I had tossed my cigarette an followed her inside. She laced her fingers with mine, and we walked down the isles.

"Hey, Sunny," a voice called to her.

"Oh," she pulled her hand from mine, "Cam, hey!"

I watched the two of them, hug, and smile, "You missed a killer party on Saturday," he told her.

"I'm not a 'killer' partier," she told him.

"There's one this Friday, are you coming?" I furrowed my rows and hurried beside her, the boy, eyed me.

"No," Sunny said, then she noticed me beside her, "oh, shoot," she giggled, taking my hand again, "I'm so rude, Cameron this is Frank," she introduced us, "Frank this is Cameron, friend from school."

"Hey," I nodded to him.

"Hi," he gave me a faint smile, "you coming to the party?" he turned back to her, "You can come too, dude."

I shook my head, "Sunny and I aren't big on parties," I said.

"Yeah," Sunny continued to smile, "we're just gonna hang out."

"Well, if you change your mind, the party is going to happen at the lake again."

She nodded, "Okay, thanks, Cam."

He nodded, "I'll see you, I have to find my girlfriend, Eliza."

"Okay, see ya." they both waved nicely and he walked away. Sunny turned to me, "He's nice, see?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, nice."
♠ ♠ ♠
School is such a drag, seriously.
Here's an update, you all deserve it!