Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

I, Sam I Am, Will Not Eat Green Eggs & Ham

I didn't see Normal when I went into the library, but Cameron met me. He smiled as I made my way over to the table.

"So what exactly do you need notes on?" I asked putting my pack on the table.

"Math mostly," his deep dimples caused my stomach to flutter with anxiety.

"You're lucky I'm good at it," I told him with a smile.

Cameron and I studied trig throughout the 55 minutes of free period. To be honest, I didn't think of Normal at all; and it was like a weight lifted from me. At lunch Cameron had me sit with him and help him some more. 

"Don't you work at that bookstore?" he asked, taking a small bite of his pizza.

"Yeah, I actually my shift starts after school," I mumbled softly; Normal had been my ride to work.

"You and Marilyn having a fight or something?" he picked up quickly.

"Why do you ask?" I took a sip of my hot chocolate to hide my frown.

"Well you always hang out with her," he gestured over my shoulder.

I looked back and saw her staring at us; she looked like a sad puppy.

"She and I aren't friendly anymore," I excused quickly.

"Hmm," he dropped it, "do you need a ride to work?" he inquired.

"Oh, Cam, I couldn't impose on you," he smirk happily.

"Hey, I need to head to the comic book store anyway, and it's right across the street," I smiled.

"Thank you, that'd be nice," his dimples make my cheek blush.

"No problem, it's the least I could do for tutoring me."
-

I had called mom and told her I went to work after school. It was more likely she was working late, at the hospital, too. Cameron walked me into work, and even held my hand.

"Thank you for the ride," I told him at the entrance.

"No big deal," he smiled, "do you need a ride back?"

"No, my mom always picks me up after," he nodded.

"See you tomorrow?" he stepped back.

"Yep."

My shift started at 4 and ended at 8, when we closed. I had been working at Barnes & Noble for about a year; to help mom. The pay was alright, I saved my money for a car/help with bills, and I didn't fuss.

My co-workers worked the register while I put the books in their proper place. Today I had to fix the while children section. I was working on Dr. Seuss, when I saw a pair of dirty checkered vans at my own feet.

"Marilyn said I'd find you here," the voice struck anger in me.

"What are you doing here, Frank?" I stood up with a pile of Green Eggs & Ham in my hands.

"She wanted me to talk to you before we left," I rolled my eyes an went back to my kneeling position.

"Well, you are wasting you time," I put the books on display one by one.

"She wants me to apologize for her and Mikey."

"Oh, that's even better! I totally forgive her!" I cheered sarcastically.

"Not in those words," he mumbled, "I wanted to apologize, and she told me I could find you here," I looked up at him, his smeared eye liner made me want to gag.

"Why are you here exactly? Don't you rock stars have somewhere to be besides harassing teenage girls?" he chuckled as I stacked the last book.

"'I, Sam I Am, Will Not Eat Green Eggs & Ham'," he recited following me over to the next section.

"Go away," I said kneeling down to stack Good Night Moon.

"Not until you talk to me," he crossed his arms with a smile; he was so cute.

"No, now go away," he knelled beside me, "can you not take a hint?" 

"Okay, what if I apologize for what I said about your dad," I looked at him with a death glare
.
"Go. Away. Frank." he smirked.

"I'm sorry, and as much as I hate to admit this..." he pulled my chin with one of his tattooed fingers, "I think you're really cute when you get mad," I pushed his finger away and continued to stack.

"Leave me alone, please," I begged one last time.

"Not until you hear me out," I frowned; I caved.

I looked at my watch; I had a break in 5 minutes. I sighed and looked at him.

"Give me 5 minutes...go to Starbucks or something," he grinned like a little kid and stood up.

He bounced away as I continued to stack.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little Frank for ya! don't forget to comment :)