Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Letter

Mikey drove my car, while I sat in the passenger seat, writing a letter. It was a letter for the guys, and it made me tear up a few times. Mikey would give me a small smile whenever I started to cry, and played the Ramones for me. I couldn't listen, though, I was concentrating on my letter.

The letter was going to be long, mainly having a section to each one. I got through Bob's without crying, because I pictured him being tough and making me smile. I cried through the rest, especially Mikey's part; I had to stop a few times before I could go on.

"Are you hungry?" Mikey asked as we pulled into town.

"Yeah," I answered, "stop at that dollar store, too, please."

Mikey nodded and drove into the strip mall. I got out at the store, and Mikey jogged across the lot to Burger King to get is some food. I went into the store and bought a pack of envelopes, and jogged back out. I sat in the car, folding the letter nicely, and putting it into an envelope. I hadn't counted the pages, but it wasn't long; thank God I had my pack in the back seat.

"Did you finish?" Mikey asked as we pulled up at my house.

"Yes."

He and I both went into my house, setting the food at the kitchen table. The envelope sat on the counter, and haunted us as we ate. Mikey was leaving tomorrow an he was taking it with him to read to the guys. That letter would be my final good bye to them all.
-

"I love you, just remember that," Mikey told me, as he prepared to leave.

"I love you, too, Mikey, but this is for the best."

He nodded, sadly, "Remember me, though, okay?"

I returned the nod, and pulled something from my pocket, "Give this to him," I said softly; it was his ring.

"Alright."

I pulled Mikey into a tight hug, "Don't hate him...just keep going, for me," I whispered to him.
"I'll try." Mikey kissed my jaw and turned out my door.

I watched him walk down the porch, to his cab, and get in. The cab sat for a second and it disappeared down the block. I sighed, feeling tears sting, and I walked back into my house. I closed the door and listened to my charm bracelet jingle in response.

I walked over to the couch, sat and grabbed one of the pillows. I clutched it at my chest, at first, but then to my face, where I let out a loud cry of pain and scream of anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teeny update, another one if those transition chapters. There is only 2 chapters left, and their both long.