Sequel: Paint It Black

All I Wanted

Don't Count Your Eggs Before They Hatch

I waved to my co-worker, Martin, as I headed to the Starbucks next door. Frank was smiling, talking to two girls who were beaming with smiles. I stood back until the girls rushed away muttering something happily.

I sat across from him at the table he was at. He sipped a cup, with a smug look, and smirked at me.

"Okay, go," I stuffed my hands in my coat.

"Aren't you thirsty?" he asked, setting his cup on the table between us.

"No," he rolled his eyes.

"Hold on," he put up on finger, got up and walked to the register.

The barista smiled and giggled at him. I guess he was ordering something because she gave him a muffin and he came back.

"Eat, beautiful," he slid the muffin to me.

"I'm not hungry," I kept my hands in.

"I'm not gonna talk until you take a bite of it," he pointed to it with a smile.

I pulled my hands out, grabbed the muffin and took a small bite. It was one of my favorites; Pumpkin with cinnamon.

"Now, was that so hard, Sunny?" I chewed slowly an swallowed.

"Okay, start please," he smiled.

"Frankie," the barista announced looking over at us.

"One sec, doll face," I shook my head as he got up and went over.

I ate some more of the muffin, he sat back down with a lemon iced tea.

"You like this right?" he slid it over to me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he shrugged with a smirk.

I took a quick sip and picked at the muffin. Frank watched me until I rolled my fingers for him to start.

"I'm sorry for being a dick to you. I was upset because Mikey always does this to either me or Ray. I was angry, and I know I messed up; but honestly I kinda like you. I like the way you ground your eyebrows when your mad, I like that you don't fall all over me and you don't actually listen to my band, and I like how you're stubborn and honest. I've only known you for like 2 days, but I would like to see if we could hang out more," every word slipped from his pretty little mouth perfectly.

I couldn't help but smile and look away. Frank was cute, but he was way older than me, and I'm not into that.

"What about Normal?" I asked taking another sip.

"Normal said that she really loves you and is sorry about all the times she made you do things you didn't want to. She's sorry she likes Mikey. She's sorry that she's so selfish and she sorry that she said that thing about your mom," he raised his brow at the end, "whatever the hell that's about," he commented.

"I can't forgive Normal so quick," he frowned.

"Why not?"

"She's selfish."

"Yeah, but she's your best buddy," I smiled, "you guys are like...uh what did she say? Like...uh...Thelma and Louise...? Minus the killing and suicide pact," I chuckled.

"Okay, I'll talk to her."

"Will you consider us?" he asked motioning to the both of us.

"I'm in high school and you are a musician, doesn't work," he frowned again.

"I'm hurt," he touched his chest like it was wounded.

"Frank, if I were a few years older, I'd consider it, but the answer is no."

"It's my good looks right?" I shook my head, "My tattoos?" he gestured to his body.

"Frank," I stood up, "you are a great guy...I think...but you are too old for me," I walked over and pat his head.

"Can we at least be friends?" I smiled down at him.

"Yes," I agreed.

"Gimme your number then!" he said excitedly, causing looks from the people around us, "Please?" he whispered.

"Gimme your phone."
-

I went back to work feeling a whole lot better. I thought of calling Normal when I got home, and I was thinking of Frank. He was like a little kid, so young at heart, and I hoped we would become friends.

At 8 mom picked me up and noticed I was in a better mood.

"What happened?" she asked staring at my stupid grin.

"A friend talked to me today and helped me realize things," she smiled back with a questionable look.

"Who?"

"This guy...Frank," I admitted with another cheesy grin.

"Love interest?" I giggled.

"No, ma, he's not even in my league."

"Hey, don't count your eggs before they hatch, Mija," I shook my head.

When I got home I called Normal. I was a little nervous, but I had a clear mind.

"Sunny, I'm so sorry!" she said quickly before the phone rang all the way through.

"Whoa, have you been waiting?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes! And I'm sorry, I take back everything mean I ever said or did to you, you're my best and only true friend," her soft voice cut through me.

"It's okay, Nor, I forgive you."

"You do? Oh my wits, I love you so, so much, Sunshine," I heart melted.

"I know, I love ya, too, crazy."

"I mean it, you're the only person I can truly trust and love," Normal sounded like she was gonna sob.

"Normal, don't cry, I forgive you," I chuckled softly.

"I know, I know, but I hated myself for making you take the train home and blowing you off for all those dirt bags in the past," I knew she was gonna start to cry.

"Nor, just take a breath and calm your wits," she obeyed and took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Sunny. What would I do without you?"

"A lot, but it wouldn't be as good."
♠ ♠ ♠
A little funny Frank ya! Thank you to my lovely new subscribers and commenters! I like you all very much :D