Sequel: Adolescent Suicide

Frank Iero, You Are My Hero

Part Ten

**Bob’s POV**

The guys and Bob, minus Frank of course, went into the small cafeteria to get coffee. His thoughts were on his sister. He was indebted to Frank, indebted to the fact that he saved Mercy from some crazy ass dude who thought he could have his way with her. If Bob ever saw that man in public, he was going to kill him with his bare hands. No one touched Merc and got away with it. Not if Bob had anything to say about it.

He sighed heavily as he poured himself a steaming cup of coffee, then shifted down the line to pour in the sugar and creamer. Mikey took up the spot next to Bob, his dark eyes shifting over to the drummer for a second, opening and closing his mouth like he was trying to speak, but couldn’t quite get the words to come out right.

“Bob, what are your thoughts on Frank?” Mikey asked, turning to lean against the counter, sipping his coffee black.

Bob paused, setting down the bottle of creamer. What was that question about? He liked Frank, even though he sometimes found him extremely irritating and immature, but everyone knew that. Why would Mikey ask about that, when it was so obvious.

“Um, Mikes. Don’t you think everyone knows my opinions about Frankie?” Bob asked in return, mirroring Mikey’s position.

Gerard leaned in between them to grab a few packets of sugar, rolling his eyes. “Oh, come on Bob. Let’s not be naïve, okay? What Mikey is merely asking is what do you think of Frankie dating Mercy?”

Bob nearly choked on his coffee. Gerard’s eyes went wide and he thumped the drummer hard on the back several times in concern. Once Bob got his bearings back, Gee removed his hand and concentrated on putting sugar in his addiction. He was obviously still waiting on Bob’s answer, though he wasn’t sure what he could tell the guy. If he were to allow anyone to date Mercy, it would be someone in the band, because they were the only ones who he could really trust. But he was still a little apprehensive about her dating anyone that he knew, period. He didn’t want her to get hurt, didn’t want something horrible to happen to her. Not only did he hate seeing her cry, but he would hate to have to kill one of the band mates for breaking the girl’s heart.

He took a deep breath before speaking, exhaling loudly. “I’m not sure what I think about that subject. I’m not sure if I like her dating anyone of my friends. No offense,” he muttered, giving them a sheepish smile.

Once more, Gerard rolled his eyes. Now that he had butted in, he thought that the conversation was his, even though Mikey was trying to get his voice heard on the other side of the singer. “Look. We all know that she’s an adult. She is capable of making her own decisions. You can’t always be there, looking over her shoulder for her. We found that out today.”

It was harsh, he knew. And Bob felt it, right to the core of his little black heart. Gerard had a point. Frank had been the one saving Mercy, not him. He hadn’t even been anywhere near there. He had been with Ray, doing shopping like his sister had ordered. But Frank had done well. He had gotten Mercy away from that guy, safe and in one piece. Well, for the most part. But that wasn’t Frank’s fault. That still didn’t change his apprehensiveness. Gerard didn’t understand. Yes, he was an older brother too. But his sibling was male, not female. They tended to work differently.

Bob shook his head. “Gee, I know you’re right. She is an adult. But you don’t understand. You don’t have a younger sister,” he said, giving his friend a knowing look.

Gerard’s eyes flicked over to Mikey for a second, then went back to Bob, the corners crinkling up as he gave the drummer a goofy smile. “Well, Mikey sometimes thinks he’s a girl. That counts for something.”

“Hey!” Mikey exclaimed, “I do not! Bob, seriously. Give it a chance, at the very least. You owe that much to her, don’t you think?”

A sigh escaped Bob’s full lips and he stood straight. Alright. A chance. He could give Mercy that. But he swore on everything holy, that if Frank fucked this up, and hurt his sister, he was going to kill him. Bob would shove his drumsticks down the boy’s throat. He said nothing to the Way men. He just left the cafeteria to go and see his sister.

**Mercy’s POV**

Frank pulled away from her lips, a smile tugging at his face. He seemed happy, content. His hazel eyes opened after a few seconds, taking in Mercy’s smiling face. The kiss had done things to her that she couldn’t have imagined. She was…shocked, to say the least. It had been like she was being electrocuted, but in a good way. If that was even possible. And even now, when his lips were no longer touching hers, a tingling sensation was wrapping itself around her nerve endings, making her feel a little dizzy. She’d never felt anything like that before, and she realized that more than likely, she was going to get addicted to it.

“I hate to ruin the moment, but might I ask what that was for?” Frank asked, scratching at his temple as he gave Mercy a sheepish smile.

She rolled her eyes, reaching out to grasp his hand. “Seriously, Frank. You’re more dense than I thought.”

He scowled, getting a chuckle out of her. She had only been joking, but she couldn’t believe that he had to even ask that. What else could that kiss mean? Besides the fact that she was extremely grateful for him, for the fact that he showed up right when she needed him? With Mercy, a kiss could only mean one thing: That she was crazy about you. Mercy didn’t like touching people, and only the closest to her could even get a hug from the girl. So, a kiss was intense coming from her.

“Silly, Frankie. What do you think it means?” she asked, arching a fine eyebrow. “It means that I’m willing to give this a shot. Fuck everyone else, you know? I think that I’m tired of living my life around others. So, if you want, I’d really like to be more than friends with you.”

Frank’s face seemed to light up beyond what was possible. His hazel eyes glinted with his happiness and he swooped down to plant a kiss on her once more. Mercy laughed when he pulled away, a blush creeping up her cheeks.

“I’m taking that as a ‘yes’?”

“Of course it’s a ‘yes’! Geez. It’s about damn time you made up your mind,” Frank said, giving her a playful scowl.

Mercy opened her mouth to retort something, but was interrupted by a knock on the door. Her brother peeked his head in, a smile on his face. “Merc! You’re awake!” he exclaimed as he moved into the small hospital room to stand next to his sister.

“Well, hello to you too, Bobert. Can I leave now? I feel better,” Mercy said, putting a pout on her pretty face, making Bob’s soften for a few seconds.

“No, Mercy. You have to stay here until the doctor’s are done running tests and whatever it is they’re doing to you. We happen to need you, so we can’t have you falling apart in Detroit,” he said, poking her in the shoulder as he stuck his tongue out at her.

She returned the gesture, followed by a smack on the arm. She knew that he was extremely uncomfortable at the moment. She knew her brother too well, and could see straight through the happiness that shone in his gorgeous blue eyes. He didn’t like being here as much as she didn’t. But she also knew that he was only looking out for her, and that he wouldn’t leave until the doctor’s allowed her to.

He coughed slightly and averted his eyes over to Frank. “Um, Frank? Can I talk to you outside? Just real quick,” he asked. He didn’t even wait for an answer, only turned and left the room after kissing his sister lightly on the forehead.

Frank turned to Mercy, his brows furrowed. Mercy shrugged real quick, as lost as he was about whatever her brother wanted to talk to him about. Well, to be honest, Mercy had a pretty good idea, but she wasn’t going to let Frank know that. Otherwise he would probably run into the small bathroom and lock himself in there from fear. Or hide underneath the bed. Either way, it was best if he was left in the dark. Bob was going to talk to Frank sooner or later, better sooner than later in Mercy’s opinion.

“I’ll be right back. Stay right there,” Frank said, giving her a goofy grin. He made to leave, but Mercy shot a hand out and grabbed him by his shirt, yanking him down to kiss.

“I don’t think I have much of a choice, loser,” she whispered, giving him a peck on the nose before releasing him.

He blushed furiously before heading out into the hallway, leaving Mercy to herself.

**Frank’s POV**

Frank shoved his hands deep inside of his pockets as he left the hospital room, his hazel eyes searching for Bob. He found him standing just a few feet away, leaning against the wall, his blue eyes trained on the floor and biting at his bottom lip, obviously lost in thought. Frank slowly made his way to him, confused etched on his handsome face.

He wasn’t quite sure what Bob would want to talk to him about. Especially not around Mercy. He was nervous, to say the least. It was very rare to see Bob like this, and it was starting to freak him out. He’d much rather prefer the drummer trying to beat the crap out of him like usual, not standing there like he couldn’t sort out his thoughts. Frank had a feeling that this was going to be one of those more serious talks, and that worried him even more.

“Erm, Bob? You alright man?” Frank asked, taking up residence against the wall next to him.

“Yeah. Look, Frank. I know you like Merc. Anyone can tell. Has she given you an answer yet?” Bob asked, turning his eyes on the smaller man next to him.

Frank shifted his feet a bit, staring wide-eyed at the man next to him. Shit. This wasn’t what he expected at all. If it was possible, he was even more worried. The blood drained from his face, and he wondered if Bob would kill him right here. Well, they were in a hospital. Maybe that’d give him more of a chance to survive. Bob was crazy protective when it came to Mercy.

A hand went up to rub at his neck nervously, his eyes going back down to his feet. His heart was racing, and he was unsure of what to say. Better the truth, he thought, though he wasn’t sure what Bob’s reaction would be. To be honest, he was scared to find out.

“Um, yeah. She just did, a bit ago. She said she wanted to give us a shot,” Frank mumbled, his face going beet red.

Bob nodded. “Alright. I just wanted to know. And Frank?”

“Yeah?” he squeaked.

“You hurt her, and so help me God, I’ll fucking kill you, okay?”

All Frank could do was nod as he watched Bob disappear back into Mercy’s room. He let out a large breath of air and sank down to the ground. Well, that went a lot better than he expected.

**Mercy’s POV**

Bob came back into her room by himself. Mercy’s brow furrowed together as she looked at her brother questioningly. He only smiled at her as he brought a chair up next to her bed and sat down, taking one of her hands in his own. He looked as though he was trying to form a coherent sentence in his mind, wanting to talk to her, but not able to get it out. Mercy gave him a reassuring smile, and waited. She only did that for him. With everyone else, she held no patience. But Bob was her brother, and she loved him to pieces. She would die for that man, and knew he would do the same.

“Mercy, you know I love you, don’t you?” Bob said, his voice quiet.

She nodded, but said nothing. She only waited for him to continue with whatever it was that he needed to get out.

“And that I would do anything for you? That all I want is for you to be happy?”

Another nod.

He took a deep breath. “Well, if Frank makes you happy, then you have my support. I just…Just promise me that you’ll be careful, that you’ll look after yourself. Not that Frank’s a bad person. He’s great. I just don’t want you getting hurt, Merc. I don’t think I’d be able to handle it.”

Tears formed at the corners of her eyes and she reached out, pulling him close in a tight hug. It hurt her ribs more than anything, but she didn’t care. Those words from her brother was the most sincere and heartfelt thing she had ever heard, and it made her love for him intensify a thousand times. It was in that moment that she was so happy that he was there for her, even if he was a wee bit overprotective. In that moment, she wouldn’t have him any other way.

“Fuck, Bobert. I love you, silly. And yes, I promise to look after myself. I don’t think Frank would ever hurt me, but I can at least promise you that, okay?” Mercy said, her voice quiet as she pulled away.

Bob gave her a smile and kissed her forehead once again. “I love you too, ass face.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Filler! YAY! Next chapter will be of Detroit, full of drama and whatnot. Comments are appreciated!

<333
PhoenixRising