Sequel: Adolescent Suicide

Frank Iero, You Are My Hero

Part Fourteen

As soon as Mercy got back to New York, she got herself a small apartment and a job at a high end beauty salon right on Times Square. It paid good, and she had plenty of customers. She kept in constant with the guys, calling at least three times a week. Every day, for Frank, just like she had told him she would. She even talked to them via IM when she didn’t feel like talking. Or if her throat hurt. It did that sometimes, and the light scar across her throat was a reminder of the fateful day when she had thought she lost everything.

She moved into her apartment and placed her keys on the small table just inside. Tomorrow the guys would be back. She would be seeing all of the little dipshits once more, and to be honest, she missed them. More than she thought she would. They had entered and exited her life so quickly, but the things that had happened when they were around was something that brought them so close.

Mercy moved over to the little desk that she had set up in a corner and plopped down on the cushioned rolly chair, exhausted from working the past eight hours at the salon. She hadn’t expected to get the job, but she had listed her brother as a reference, since technically she had been employed by him. He must’ve said some damn good things, because the next day, she had received a call back from the owner of the salon, telling her the job was hers.

Her thin fingers clicked on the mouse, bringing up her AIM. She was logged in already, but set as away. Her smile broadened as she looked over her list.

Offline Contacts:
Bobert
GuitarGod
GeeFeelsSexy
CoffeeManiac

Online Contacts:
SkittlesBitch!

It seemed that only Frank was online, but that didn’t surprise her. If she wasn’t talking to the others, he was always online, his laptop propped up somewhere where he could see it, just in case she happened to IM him. At least, that’s what Gerard told her. He also told her that Frank was being extra irritable, since he was so far away from Mercy. He said that the threats to kill him was getting even more frequent, especially from Bob.

Mercy double clicked his screen name, bringing up another window. Her fingers ran across the keys of her keyboard, typing in some sort of hello to him.

HaveSomeMercy: Hey loser face.

She got up from the chair and headed over to grab something to drink, giggling when she heard the ‘ding’ come out from her speakers, letting her know that he had written some sort of reply to her. Sometimes they even broke out the webcams, since it was the only way to see each other, but that didn’t happen often, mainly because Frank usually was coming right off of the stage, or about to go to bed. Mercy popped open the can as she sat back down, her blue eyes on the screen.

SkittlesBitch! MERCY! Fucker! You didn’t call last night! It saddened me.

HaveSomeMercy: Aww, I’m sorry Frankie. I was exhausted. I swear, those assholes at work work me to death.

SkittlesBitch! I don’t want to hear it. Some 16 year old girl tried to rape me today. >.< I’m scarred for life.

HaveSomeMercy: Haha! That’s fucking hilarious. I’m sure you’ll live though.

SkittlesBitch! Gee, thanks for the support. And if I don’t live?

HaveSomeMercy: Well, you can come and haunt my apartment.

SkittlesBitch!YAY! I can’t wait until tomorrow! I’m bringing you a surprise.

HaveSomeMercy: Frank! Damn it. I don’t like surprises.

SkittlesBitch! Get over it. Shit. I gotta go. We’re heading to the airport. Where we’re staying the night. And then LEAVING! I’ll see you tomorrow, asshole.

HaveSomeMercy: See you tomorrow, loser.

SkittlesBitch! has logged out.

Mercy grinned and shook her head before getting up to get into the shower. She couldn’t wait until tomorrow, couldn’t wait to see the guys once more. Excitement was coursing through her veins. Only 22 hours until they were back in her life.

*****

It was a warm Saturday and Mercy was situated on one of the bar stools, head propped up by her hand as she waited for the guys to arrive. The windows were propped open, allowing sweet aromas of Chinese food enter her apartment from the restaurant across the street. She could hear people talking as they walked along the sidewalk, laughing and window shopping. Her blue eyes were on the clock. 3:45 pm. They were due here any minute now. She couldn’t wait.

She jumped at a knock on the door and she rushed over to it, knocking over her barstool in the process. She flung it open, her smile faltering. It wasn’t them. It was Sicily, her best friend from the beauty parlor. They had connected over their love for insane hair, plus Sici had found out who Mercy’s brother was, and how it was that she came to work at the salon, and had flipped shit. That had freaked Mercy out a bit, but she quickly got over it. Sicily was an awesome girl, one who was insane, crazy, and absolutely hilarious. The girls hit it off great, and were even considering getting an apartment together.

“Well, nice to see you too, Merc. I’m glad that you’re so fucking excited to see me,” Sici said as she moved into the apartment, patting Mercy on the head as she passed.

Mercy had invited the girl over to meet the band. Not only because she was an avid fan of them, but because it seemed only right since they were all such a big part of her life now. Mercy shut the door, grinning as she followed Sicily into the living room.

“Sorry Sici. I was just expecting the guys,” she said as she sat down on the comfy blue chair in the corner.

Sicily rolled her eyes. “Well, duh. They’re late, aren’t they?”

She nodded. “Yeah. I’m starting to get paranoid, but I’m sure they’ll show up eventually.”

The other girl let out a loud squeal, flailing her arms and hopping in the middle of the living room. Mercy arched a brow, snickering. The girl’s outrageousness was something that amused Mercy to no end. Her random bouts of over eagerness was hilarious and it was one of the reasons why she liked her so much.

“Oh my fucking GOD! I can’t believe I’m meeting them! Mercy, have I mentioned lately that you are the most fabulous friend a girl could ever have? Like, seriously. I love you, bitch,” Sicily said, giggling as she sat down on the couch opposite Mercy.

“Well, I fucking love you too, skank.”

Sicily opened her mouth to say something else, but they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Sicily let out another squeal and arm flail, getting a loud laugh from Mercy as she moved to open the door. Once again, she flung it open, but this time, it was her turn to squeal. Standing before her were the five guys that were her entire life.

“You’re late assholes!” Mercy exclaimed as she jumped on Bob, wrapping her legs around his middle, hugging him tightly.

“Holy fucking shit! I think she’s excited to see us,” Ray commented, laughing as Mercy sent him the finger.

Bob hugged her tightly, chuckling as he kissed her cheek. “Well, hello to you too. I fucking missed you!” he exclaimed as he sat her down on the ground.

“I missed you fuckers too!” Mercy replied as she went to jump on Ray. He let out an ’oomph’ as her body collided with his, and he fell to the floor.

“Damn Merc! Did you gain some weight since the last time we saw you?” he asked jokingingly, getting a swat on the forehead.

“No, you just grew weaker, dipshit,” she replied, smirking as she jumped up to tackle Mikey. He slammed against the wall, groaning.

She felt completed, now that they were here. She felt like her life was whole, and that she could be truly happy once more. Sure, she had been happy since they were separated, but it wasn’t the same without them. The familiar scents of their bodies, of them overwhelmed her and she felt like she was high on a cloud. Like when she used to smoke pot. Only, much much much better.

Mercy let go of Mikey and flew into Gerard’s arms. He caught her and spun her around, laughing loudly. He smelled like coffee and cologne, like usual. God, how she had missed that. How she had missed them, period.

“Mercy, Mercy. You are fucking insane, you know that right?” he asked, grinning as he sat her down. Her hands went to grasp his upper arms, a little dizzy from the spinning. Yet, a smile was still plastered on her face. She wasn’t even freaked out about hugging them. That’s how much she missed them.

“Of course I know that. Oh, and by the way, I have someone for you to meet. She’s inside,” she said before turning, a mischievous grin on her face as her blue eyes sought out Frank. His hazel eyes went wide and he shook his head.

“Hug, yes. Tackle, no,” he said, taking a few steps backwards, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

“Too late,” she squealed as she tackled him in a hug. They both fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs, their lips colliding together. The feeling of electricity coursed through her body, and she realized how much she had missed that. Nothing could ever compare to the way she felt when his lips touched hers, when his fingertips grazed over her flesh. It was better than anything, and she was so glad to have it back once more in her life.

“Now, where’s my surprise?” she asked, jutting out her bottom lip.

“Well, get off of me, go inside, and I’ll bring it to you,” he said from her neck, where he had buried his face.

Mercy didn’t really want to get off of him, but knew that she probably did. A few of her neighbors were poking their heads out, trying to see what was going on, and giving them snide looks before slamming their doors shut once more. She stood, grinning widely as she brushed off the seat of her pants.

“My neighbors don’t like me,” she commented before heading into the apartment. Sicily was still sitting where she was left, a stupid smile on her face as she looked at the guys. When they entered the living room, she stood, hands in back pockets as she waited to be introduced.

“Oh. Sicily, this is Gerard. Mikey. Ray. Bob. And Frank disappeared for the time being. Guys, this is my coworker and most fabulous friend, Sicily Howard,” Mercy said, standing between the two of them.

Gerard scoffed. “And I thought I’d never meet someone as pretty as you, but here she is, proving me wrong,” he said, hitting on Sici, who looked like she was about to faint.

“Gee, you’re such a manwhore. Shut the fuck up, loser,” Mercy said, rolling her eyes as she sat on the couch. Everyone followed her motions, placing themselves around the room. A giddy smile came over her face when she noticed Gerard taking a seat next to Sicily. Ideas were starting to formulate in her mind, making her giggle as she imagined herself as Cupid, setting the two of them up. It would make to be very interesting indeed.

“Okay, Merc! Close your eyeballs!” Frank yelled from the hallway.

Mercy arched a brow, looking at everyone else, who only grinned broadly at her. She sighed heavily and clenched her blue eyes shut, her nose wrinkled slightly. She really did not like surprises, and she was going to kill Frank as soon as he gave her whatever it was he wanted to give her.

“Her eyes are closed!” she heard Ray yell back.

Footsteps reached her ears and she began to get even more nervous. Fuck. What on earth could he have gotten her? If it was a blow-up doll or something equally stupid, she was going to shove her foot down his throat. Or shove the item up his ass. Either one. The footsteps stopped next to her and something heavy was placed in her lap. And then, something wet and rough ran across her face. Her blue eyes popped open and she was looking eye-to-eye with a small bulldog puppy. A gasp escaped her lips. Her dream dog. She had thought that only Bob knew that was the dog she wanted, but were so damn expensive that she hadn’t been able to buy one.

The puppy licked her again, making her giggle as she picked him/her up. The soft fur felt nice on her fingertips and she turned towards Frank, who was looking at her expectantly. She crooked a finger at him, telling him to come close. He leaned down towards her, a worried expression now on his face. She merely placed a kiss on his lips.

“It’s adorable. Thank you so much, Frankie. I’ve always wanted a bulldog,” she said before turning her eyes on the puppy once more. She lifted it up and saw that it was a little boy.

A silly grin came over Frank’s face as he stood up straight. “I know. Bob told me. So, I got you one. I haven’t named him yet. He’s a really hyperactive thing,” he told her, blushing as he put his hands back into his pockets.

“Kind like Frank. Little shit drove us fucking insane the first night,” Mikey complained, earning a pillow to the face from Bob.

“I’m gonna name him Skittles,” Mercy announced, snuggling close to the puppy. He let out a little bark and started chewing on her hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333

Comments? Oh, and this is Skittles:

Image

<333
PhoenixRising