Status: Three-Shot.

Machine

3/3

Arthur wandered around, looking for his team through the twisting hallways. There was time to waste, and with the way the machine in his chest was acting, he needed desperately to harbor its actions with a little wine. Maybe he could try and start a conversation with a projection, but then again, that would probably set the subconscious to a self-defense mode. He cursed upon taking another turn down a hallway as he noticed a blonde walking toward him. A smirk set upon her lips as she caught sight of him, and by now Arthur was trapped and unable to turn away from her approaching form.

Arthur continued walking, attempting to just pass her like all the other projections, but to his displeasure, she was too intrigued to walk away. It was abnormal behavior that he had not faced through all the times he had been put under.

"Care to escort a lady downstairs, darling?" Her voice held just a slight English accent, and her eyes were familiar in the most beautiful way. Arthur softened in her presence, and obliged with much less resentment than he expected of himself. The blonde snaked her arm around his waist, and he let his arm fall gently over her shoulders as they approached the elevator. Her heels clicked on the floor, step by step, but she remained silent until they approached the elevator.

She detached herself from Arthur and stepped into the elevator backward, watching the reaction upon his face. A smirk played upon her lips as she grabbed his shirt collar and tugged him, tapping the "Close Door" button with a perfectly manicured fingernail before pushing him into the back of the elevator. Her lips attached to his, and Arthur readily responded with just as much intensity.

"Arthur, love, the elevator has stopped. Might I suggest we just slip into one of these rooms?" The blonde spoke breathily as they broke apart, and Arthur nodded and agreed: he had time to enjoy himself. At least, he thought, this would be the perfect distraction from the increasing reaction of the machine in his chest that seemed to interact whenever he found himself around Eames.

He allowed himself to be led out of the elevator by the blonde, who tugged on his hand. There was something off about the reflection of this girl in the metal in the elevator, but only Arthur's sensory register had caught the sight, and could not comprehend the unexpected flash of the strange image. The girl shuffled with a room key, and let the two of them in, pushing Arthur into the door after it had closed. He hissed as their teeth hit, but continued to return the frantic kiss forced upon him.

Soon enough, he let his lips fall to her neck where he placed small kisses and nipped at the skin ever so slightly. It was when he lifted his head to meet her face again that he had caught sight of an odd feature in the mirror across the room. The machine beat a continuous rhythm as he stared at nothing but the mirror for a moment.

"Eames? But, how-" Arthur stammered, now meeting the eyes that he knew he had recognized from somewhere. The figure before him was now a few inches taller, and the machine continued erratically as he looked to Eames's eyes with a confused stare.

"I am a forger, Arthur darling. And I am full of surprises," He smirked at the shorter man, though Arthur stood gaping at the sight in front of him, realizing what he had done without even knowing. The cowardice feeling that normally would captivate his being in Eames's presence had evaporated with this realization, and he found himself smirking back at the taller man. His lips met Eames's softer and slower this time, and he was able to slide his tongue into his mouth with ease. Before either had noticed, they had navigated to the bed, where Arthur had been laid on his back, Eames crawling on top of him, straddling his hips.

"This wasn't part of the plan, Mr. Eames," Arthur smiled as he looked up, his lips meeting Eames's quickly before detaching. He had lost control of the machine long ago as it sputtered out frenzied beats.

"Maybe not your plan, love, but this has always been a part of my plan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 727

And here is the finale! Forgive me, I am not good at writing real intense make-out scenes, and I don't write sex scenes (or not often or in depth).
Comments and criticism are greatly appreciated! :]