From The Lights To The Pavement

18

Image

"Frrrrank" I whined as he was messing about with Ray on the telly.

"mhmm" he mumbled still fumbling around with Ray.

"My back hurts and I miss Gerard, where is he Ray?"

"Here give him a call" Ray replied as he tossed over his phone to me

I dialled Gerard's number knowing it of by heart from dialling it so many times.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way, I got up late"

"Well hurry up, I miss my girly chats with you"

"hormones, eh?"

"Just get your ass over here"

And with that the conversation ended.

"He's on his way" I told the others as I went into Ray's kitchen.

"Gotta be something edible in here" I mumbled to myself as I went around Ray's kitchen looking in every cupboard and box I came across.

A few minutes of looking and not finding anything the doorbell rang. Either meaning Gerard was here or some person was trying to sell something.

I listened as someone opened the door and the voice of Gerard filled the air.

"Oh Darly Warly, where are you?" I looked at him smiling as he came into the kitchen. "motherfucker look at the size of you" his eyes were wide and staring at my belly.

"Nice to see you too" I replied making my way back to the living room having found nothing to eat with Gerard following me.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked as I sat down next to Frank on the sofa with Gerard sitting on the other side.

"Food poisoning from some sushi".

"Oh" I whispered.

"So how long now?" Gerard asked putting his hand on my belly softly and rubbing it slowly.

"A week the doctor thinks" Frank informed him.

"So nearly any day now then" Ray stated turning the TV off.

Frank and I nodded our heads, I smiled at my husband as he held my hand.

"So what do you lot want to do?" Ray asked turning the telly back on again.

"Dunno, what about you?" Frank asked talking to me.

"Mhmm watch a scary film, I'm sick of day time telly."

"I'm sick of it too with you making me sit and watch it with you" Frank muttered to me

"Well I can hardly go anywhere with this thing in me"

"You shouldn’t call it a thing you guys" Gerard butted in.

All of us including Ray looked at Gerard. His face showing a 'you all know I'm right so stop staring at me'

Ray broke the silence. "I think I have Saw on one of these channels"

"Sounds great dude" Frank replied as he got settled on the sofa wrapping an arm around me. "comfortable?" he asked me, receiving a nod from my head.