From The Lights To The Pavement

19

Image

Half an hour into the film and I started to feel a bit queasy.
"Frank I feel ill" I muttered breathlessly against his ear.

He looked over to me with a hint of fear showing in his eyes. "Guys I'm just gonna take her to the loo, tell me what happens"
I stood up as he did too helping me. "Come on" he muttered leading me to the toilet downstairs.

"Sit on the toilet for a few minutes your feel better. I'm sure after a bit"

I nodded my head weakly as I went into the toilet closing the door behind me.

"I'm out here okay" Frank shouted through the door.

I looked at my pale self in the mirror, I'd never seen myself looking so ill. I suddenly felt funny. "Frank" I moaned.

He opened the door and looked at the floor with shock showing on his face. I started to feel my feet feel a bit wet. I looked down to my feet.

My waters had broken.

"Frank" I started

"the baby's coming?" he ended.

I nodded my head standing there not knowing what to do.

"Okay we'll take the car to the hospital okay, hang on" I stood there for a few seconds as he ran off coming back with Gerard and Ray.

"Holy moly" Gerard said as he saw Rays floor.

"Gerard nows not the time" Frank said through gritted teeth. "I'll start the car, you guys bring her to it"

The house seemed so full of panic.

Gerard started to lead me to Franks and I's car which was parked outside the house as Ray opened the car door for me.

"You want us to come?" Ray asked as he helped me get in the back of the car.

"Yeah" Frank replied

"We'll take my car" Ray told Gerard.

"See you there then" Frank muttered as he pulled out the driveway making his way to the hospital.

"Frank you can take your time, its not gonna come out right now" He looked at me in the car mirror nodding.

The ride was silent until we arrived at the hospital.

"We gotta go to the reception" he told me as we left the car in the hospitals car park.

I nodded as I followed him to the desk.

The lady at the reception was helpful and called us a nurse who took us to a private room.

"Your having a natural birth aren't you Mrs Iero" she asked me helping me into the bed.

"Yes" I replied.

"Okay well I'll get another nurse into check your okay and then we'll have to leave it for the contractions to do their work"

I looked at Frank as she left the room.

"Shall I call everyone and let them know its coming"

I shook my head, "I don’t want fuss right now, leave it till I'm in further"

He nodded his head as he walked over to the side of my bed.

"This is it. Were gonna be a family, this is our last time alone until it comes out."

"It was good while it lasted, eh?" I laughed

"Yeah it was, but where gonna have good times with our kid too"

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy"

"Girl" I replied. "Frankie, this is gonna hurt"

"They'll numb it for you baby"

I nodded my head feeling a tear fall down my cheek.

"just think.. another good looking Iero" he laughed as he wiped away the tear.

I laughed at his comment, "whatever"

I couldn’t wait for Frankie's and I's bundle of joy to come out.
But right now all I wanted was for it to be over and done with.