From The Lights To The Pavement

2

Image

So, it was my first day at school. And I had slept in late. I woke up to my mum screeching for me to get ready and that there was an apple awaiting me on the table for breakie.

I slipped on my new uniform, which to my surprise didnt make me spew. It was a grey skirt with a manky navy blazer (cough*INO video *cough*) I went the kitchen to see my mother was right by saying that there was an apple on the table, I decided to ditch it and go to school on an empty stomach. Bad idea. Portyr High (the school) wasnt that far, but after I took a wrong turn and got back on track I got there in a few minutes.

I wasnt quite sure where to go, but I must have looked lost as some guy with this really cool fro pointed me to the reception instructing what to do.
Thanks I replied after he instructed me what to do and where to go.
cool, see ya round. and with that I walked over to the reception.

There wasnt much of a queue so I got to the front pretty quickly.

" Name?" A lady with nerdy glasses on asked me.

" Darthlene Mathews"

" hmmm" , she paused to look at some files. " Oh yes, here we are. Your in class room 2, heres your timetable"

So off I headed towards what I took was my form classroom. It was the French room, there were blue red and white posters filling the classroom. As well as what looked like my fellow classmates.

I sat down at some random place and looked around seeing what my classmates might be like. There were lots of jocks and preps there, even though we were wearing our uniform you could tell they were like that by the fact the girls skirts just about covered their arses and the way the boys talked like they were gangsters.

Just the a teacher came in, she was tall and looked like she belonged in the army. It was until she spoke that you noticed she was the French teacher. As she took her place in the front of the class beind her desk a boy with peroxide blonde walked in. He was wearing glasses that made him look like he belonged in the mafia, but I could tell he wasnt like the rest of the people in the class I was sitting amongst.

"Just in time Bob, I dont want you being late like your fellow friends" the teacher said in her French accent. He gave her a nod showing he understood and sat down on a table on his own.

" Now people, I am your form teacher, and French teacher. You may call me Madame Junelle. If you have any problems you can come and see me, and I hope you enjoy year 11" .

There were cheers and woots filling our classroom. Suddenly there was a loud commotion outside the door. In the blink of an eye Madame Junelle was at the door about to open it. As she did there were a crowd of three boys standing in the doorway, they looked at each other knowing what was coming to them. I didnt know who they were but they looked like a troublesome group, as I gathered they were the ones that were Bobs friends.

I never got a close look at them as Madame blocked the door with her tall body, but as they went to sit down I noticed that one of them was the one that pointed out the recpetion to me. The other one had shoulder length black hair and the other one shorter black hair that got in the way of his eyes.

Something about watching those boys go to the table where Bob was on his own which he had obviously saved for them made me feel funny. I have no idea why, I had never felt funny around a bunch of people like this before.

I knew I should have had breakfast I thought. But I wasnt sure what to think.