From The Lights To The Pavement

21

Image

Frankie and I had been in my hospital room with our new son for a few minutes not having said a word, just staring at him and feeding him.

"Hold him" I stated as I handed him over to my husband sitting on my bed next to me.

"He has your eyes"

"Yeah and your hair and nose"

"And my lips"

"Oh no not another little Frank" We laughed softly, scared to be loud and upset the baby.

"I told you it would be good looking like me"

"It was just born Frankie!"

"Yeah but you can tell. All the chicks are gonna want to be making out with him"

"I cant believe your already thinking about this." I muttered back, Frankie looked up at me smiling as he placed his index finger near our son only to get it wrapped around by his tiny hand.

"Look how small he is" I nodded. "He's gonna be my size isn't he?"

"What a midget? I hope not" he let out a sarcastic laugh.

There were a few seconds of silence.

"Thank you Darls"

"For?" Even though I had an idea what he was thanking me for.

"For carrying this around in you for months and months and just being able to give me him"

"Well it was a surprise for me too" Remembering the day I found out I was pregnant.

"I should phone the others and tell them its arrived"

"Do it later" he nodded his head as the nurse came in.

"I think the little man will need a rest now so I'll take him to the nursery. Thought of a name?"

We shook our heads as we handed our tiny bundle of joy over to the lady.

She nodded carrying him carefully and leaving the room.

"I'm tired" I whispered as I closed my eyes feeling the pain starting to kick in a bit.

"Well I'm going to go back to Rays, and tell them all about my beautiful son. You want me to get them to visit you tomorrow?"

I shook my head "Can we leave it till I get home. I don’t want to be seen in here"

"Yeah I understand" he leaned over me and kissed my forehead. "I'll come back later today, I need some sleep too."

I nodded and looked over at the small clock reading five thirty. I'd been in labour a long long time considering I came here yesterday at three-ish.

"Bye bye beautiful" was the last thing I heard before nodding off to sleep dreaming about the family Frankie and I would have in the future. It had all just began.