From The Lights To The Pavement

22

Image

Three days later and I had been allowed to be discharged from the hospital along with my new born child.

"Welcome to your house your going to live in baby" I whispered to my son as I held him in my arms stepping into the house.

"Lets put him in the nursery" Frank closed the door behind us bringing in my hospital bag.

"Carry him up for me" I paused handing my baby over to his daddy "My back hurts"

He nodded as he took him in his arms dropping the bag and going up the stairs with me following him.

"I told you it would be a boy" I nodded as my husband smirked at me for him being right.

"The rooms beautiful" I noticed a few changes.

"Yeah the second day you were in hospital Gerard and Mikey came over with loads of toys and stuff so we put some shelves up to put them on"

I smiled as I stood beside Frankie as he put our son into his new crib.

"Kiss" I asked as I pouted my lips looking towards my boy. I smiled against his lips as his crashed onto mine slowly moving in time together.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I muttered into Frankie's body as we engulfed in a hug as we looked over our son. "What time is everyone coming?"

He looked at his watch, "Three hours"

All our family and friends were coming to visit our new born. "I guess we should clean the house for then"

Frank shook his head "I did it all yesterday for you coming home"

"Aww thank you" I replied with a smile on my face. "So what do you want to do till then?"

A big sly grin slowly painted itself onto his face.

"Frank, my stitches hurt. I cant" He nodded his head understanding.

"Wanna relax and talk then" he sat down on a big cushion in the corner of the nursery.

I joined him and cuddled into him. "Go on then"

Time passed until the time had come when our friends and family started to arrive. First were Frank's parents.

"Drinks mom?" Frank asked as they settled down on the sofa in our lounge. "I'll have a coffee and your dad will too"

"Together 21 years, and my wife still has a say in what I do" I laughed at Franks dads comment.

"So where's our beautiful grandson then?" Linda, Franks mom asked as Frank came in with drinks.

"Darls baby you wanna get him or me" he asked handing out the drinks.

"I'll get him" I replied as I stood up from my seat making my way to the nursery.

"Hello little man" I whispered to the small human lying in their crib. "Granny and granddad are here" I cooed as I scooped him up in my arms making my way to the lounge being careful.

"Oh he's beautiful" Linda whispered as her eyes laid on her grandson. "You've done so well you two"

"Thank you Linda" I smiled as I handed our baby over to her.

"Hello little one. I'm your granny this is your grandpa and were gonna spoil you rotten and be the best grandparents ever." I smiled looking at Franks parents caring over my son.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek as memories hit me. Frank saw as he signalled to come to the kitchen with him.

"What's wrong?"

I leaned against him in the kitchen feeling tears pour out my tired eyes. "My mom should be here". He knew what I meant. "She would have been such a good gran" I sobbed.

You see, when I told my mom I was getting married she wasn’t exactly happy. She had nothing against frank, she loved him as one of her own children,. She just didn’t want me to make the same mistake as her and my dad did. It ended up with her and I fighting. After a year of me and Frank being a married couple I still hadn't talked to her. And in that year she had passed away. When I found out, guilt over swept me, we had fallen out for such a silly thing. I felt dreadful. After time, I got over it but if it weren't for the gang I think I'd still be miserable right now.

"Come on girl, wipe those tears. I'm sure she's really proud of you and your right she would be a fab gran, so don’t think anything different" He whispered to me stroking my hair.

"yeah your right" I pulled away from him drying my eyes. "Does it look like I've been crying?"

"No just tired" I nodded as the doorbell rang.

"That'll be the band, their coming all together they said"

"I'll get it" I replied as I made my way to the door.

"DARLENE" Gerard screamed at me as soon as the door opened a small fraction.

"Hi Gerry" I replied back not with so much energy.

"Hows the little dude" Mikey popped out saying

"Why don't you come in and see" I smiled at all my friends for caring so much.

They all piled in the room exchanging hellos with Frank and his parents.

"Oh, he looks just like you Frank" was what most of them said.

"So that’s what you get what that fun stuff happens" Mikey muttered as our son held onto his little finger.

"I have a feeling you don’t want Mikey teaching him about the birds and bees" Ray whispered to me.

"So what's he called?" Bob asked as he laughed at the bubble our baby had just blown.

I smiled as Frank came over tome and held my hand. "We've decided on Holden."

"Oh cool name" Gerard replied as he sat down next to Franks dad.

"Hello little Holden Iero" Linda cooed.

I smiled as I saw an image in my mind of my mum teaching Holden about recycling.

"Were gonna be just fine aren't we" my husband whispered into my ear.

"Yeah, just fine" I whispered back looking at the scene of our friends and family taking in our baby just perfectly.