From The Lights To The Pavement

24

Image

As we arrived up to our house's drive Frank came and opened my side of the car door.

"I got the keys" Frank sighed as he walked up to our front door and unlocked it. I closed the door behind me.

"What time we gonna leave the house?" I asked Frank as he took his shoes off.

"Six thirty-six?" I nodded my head. He carried on, "come here" I walked over to him and embraced the hug he was signalling for. I stood there in his arms as he did to me. "Can we get a taxi to the place? I'd like a drink and don't wanna drive."

"Yeah sure" I closed my eyes thinking of the last time Frank and I had a proper meal with some alcohol. We hadn't been having any since we haven't been wanting to get drunk around our small child and I couldn’t have any while I was pregnant for health issues for me and the baby.

"I cant think of the last time we had a night out since the little one came along"

"I was just thinking of that" I replied to Frankie as I pulled away.

He crashed his lips onto mine giving me a kiss with tongue.

"Help me choose what to wear" I told him as I grabbed his hand and lead him upstairs.

As time went by we phoned for a taxi to pick us up from home and take us to the restaurant. Right now we were sitting down enjoying our food, Frankie having an Italian salad and me having spaghetti.

"I found out who that guitar guy Ray brought with him today was"

"Oh" I spluttered back as I ate some food.

"The record label suggest him swapping with me"

I stopped in my tracks of eating. "What the hell" I nearly shouted

"They say my family might get in the way and stop me from performing at my best levels"

"Thats bullshit" my face felt full of anger, the band is something that had kept Frankie going for a long time and helps him support me and Holden as a family.

"I know I know"

"Well what's gonna happen?"

"The rest of the guys said if I was made to leave they'd leave too"

I smiled as I should have known the others wouldn’t have let that happen.

"You've got good friends there baby, of course they wouldn’t have let that happen"

"I know" his face bearing a proud smile of his friends. "Is that good?" he asked changing the subject to my plate of food before me.

"mhmm, wanna try a bit" he nodded as I feed him some of my pasta.

"good stuff"

"naaah, I know much better stuff"

"Oh do you" I looked up to my husband and saw a cheeky grin.

Half an hour went by and we had finished our drinks and dessert as well as main meal. As the taxi the restaurant had called for us dropped us of home Frank and I were making most of the time we had alone together.

As we were sitting on the sofa being busy the phone started to ring.

"Frank get it" I moaned against his flesh

"No" he whispered as he gently bit on my neck.

"Frankie" I whined, soon after the phone stopped ringing. He stopped biting on my neck and gave me a cheeky smile.

Suddenly after a few seconds it started to ring again.

"It has to be important if they ring twice" I paused as I gently pushed Frankie out and off of me. "What if something's wrong with Holden?" He looked at me seriously knowing he wants his son to be safe.

"I'll get it" I watched as he speed walked naked to the phone picking it up. I listened in on the conversation.

"Yeah?" "Okay, yeah we'll make our way over" he said in a hurry.

"Frankie?" I whispered as he looked into my eyes. His eyes looking back at mine full of worry and hopefulness.