From The Lights To The Pavement

35

Image

5 YEARS LATER

I walked down the stairs still half asleep but needing to get up to take Zeke and Holden to school. I yawned as I made my way to our mail box retrieving our households mail for the day.

"Wake up" I shouted as I walked back into the house setting the mail down on the table.

"Mom, Zeke drew on my homework" Holden moaned as he came down the stairs joining me in the lounge.

"I didn’t mean it" Zeke replied running after Holden defending himself.

"Just explain to your teacher, they'll understand" I told Holden as I placed toast and cereal on the table. Holden just replied with a grunt showing he wasn’t amused by his brothers actions. "One of you wake your dad"

"Holden" Zeke said

"Zeke" Holden said at the same time as Zeke.

"Just one of you please" I growled at both of them.

"I'm up already" I looked over as Frankie came in the room with his pyjamas bottoms on and no top on showing off his beautiful tattood upper body. I sighed as I sat at the table going through the mail.

"Mom, I need the money for the school trip by Thursday remember"

I looked up from the letter I was reading at my son. "I don’t know Holden, you sure it's safe?"

"Yeah of course, they wouldn't let us go if it wasn't"

"Yeah well I don’t know, there's always next year"

"Come on Darth, its just a school trip" Frankie told me as he sighed taking a sip from his drink

I looked from the letter to Holden and then to Frankie. I slid the letter I was reading across the table to Frankie. He looked at me as he took it in his hands. I nudged my head signalling for him to read it.

"You know, your mums right Holden maybe that trip isn't safe"

"What the hell is wrong with you two" Holden shouted

"Don’t shout at us" Frankie shouted back.

"Whatever, come on Zeke lets go wait on the school bus outside"

"I haven't finished breakfast" Zeke replied.

"Hurry up" Holden told him back.

The two for them left the house to stand outside waiting for the school bus to pick them up. "Frankie what are we gonna do?" I whined

"We'll be fine, I'll just ask the music label to pay me earlier"

I nodded my head, knowing it was best to leave Frankie with the bills.

"Seriously, don’t worry babes. I'll sort it out" I nodded my head trusting him.

"Okay" I giggled as Frankie slapped his hands on his knees signalling for me to come over and sit on him. "Yes Mr Iero?"

"May Mrs Iero give me a kiss?"

"I don't know, why don’t you ask her?" I smiled as he grinned at me.

"Okay, may I get a kiss"

I nodded my head as I planted a kiss on his lips. I pulled away, "Well now that the kids are gone what are we gonna do all day?" I laughed as Frankie gave me a cheeky grin. "Nah uh, I need to do the weekly shopping and clean the kids bedrooms"

"Cuddle on the bed then for 10 minutes"

I sighed as I gave in, "okay"