From The Lights To The Pavement

37

Image

"Look Dad" Holden told Frankie as he passed him a bit off paper with a drawing he drew on It over to him.

"Aww matey, its brilliant! Thanks"

"Happy Birthday dad!" Zeke squealed to Frank as he passed over a present. I laughed as Frank attempted to rip off the wrapping paper off the gift which Zeke had put on it, not so well shall I say.

"Oh thanks Zeke It brilliant" Frankie said.

The kids laughed at their dad as he placed his new present on his head. It was a cap Zeke found when we were shopping the other week for Frankie's birthday presents.

"Zeke looked it out himself" I told Frankie as he admired himself in the mirror with It on.

"It looks great thanks"

I looked over to Zeke and Holden dressed up In costumes as it Is Halloween as the doorbell rang, "That'll be Jill to take you trick or treating"

"Who's Jill?" Frankie asked as he continued looking at the cap in the mirror.

"Matties mom, Mattie's In Holden's class" I told him as I went to get the door. "Heeey" I cooed as I opened the door.

"Hii, so the kids ready for trick or treating?"

"Sure are" I laughed, "Boys" I called, within a few seconds the came running. "Be good you two"

"Yes mom" Zeke sighed

"Thanks Jill"

"Have a fun night" She laughed as she winked at me. "Tell Frankie I say Happy Birthday!"

"Aahaha I will, thank you for taking the boys!" I waved as she went off with my two kids. I closed the door as I made my way to the lounge to join Frankie. "Well that's the kids out, I'll get them from Jill's in the morning. She said they could sleepover"

"Thank you" He told me as he cam over and hugged me.

"For what?"

"My presents"

"Anything for my husbands birthday" I smiled as I kissed his lips.

"Dinner was good too" He said softly. "Shall we watch that film now"

I nodded my head. He was referring to the pack of DVD's Bob had given to him for his birthday mainly featuring horror ones.

________________________________________________________________

The film had finished half an hour ago, but Frankie and I were still sitting on the sofa just content with each others company. I smiled as he stroked my hand.

"I'm leaving in four days" Frankie whispered reminding me of his work.

"I know" I sighed as I moved around in his arms a bit, he started to gently rub my tummy.

"Your a bit round down here"

I smiled softly, "I know" I stated.

"Are you saying what I'm thinking?" he asked

I nodded my head. "Yup, another baby on the way"

I smiled as he nuzzled his head into my neck laughing. "This is the best birthday ever"