From The Lights To The Pavement

4

Image

I followed him to the table where I found his so called friends sitting at. There was one with black rimmed glasses, Bob who had taken off his mafia glasses, the guy with the cool hair that pointed me out, and that other one. His hair still in his eyes, which were fixed on a bottle of soda in front of him. His face was so beautiful, even if he was just staring at something, there was something glowing about him. I hadnt noticed before but he had a lip ring. I stopped myself from keeping my eyes on him.

I overheard the boy with the black EMO glasses I hadnt seen before, talking about the smashing pumpkins. I felt like joining in, I knew so much about them from one of my cousins. I know so much, I could write an autobiography on them.

“Ahem“ Gerard said to make them notice him.
“Yo“ the one talking about Smashing Pumpkins replied.
“I have brought someone to meet us“ Gerard paused to pull me towards him making me give a small smile and waving my hand to greet them.

There were some mutters of his and nice to meet you.

“This is Ray“ he stopped and pointed at the boy with the fro. “This is my lil bro Mikey, and this is Bob“, they both said hi and continued to talk about the Pumpkins. “And last but not least Frank “ The boy with the lip ring who I had just found out was called Frank didnt even flinch. He just continued to stare at the bottle.

“He does talk“, Gerard clapped in front of Franks eyes making him come out of his day dream. “Say hello rude boy“

He looked up to see me. “Hey“
“hi“ came the reply from me.

Gerard sat down next to Bob leaving me standing. “You can sit down ya know, Frank dont bite“. He motioned towards the space next to Frank.

I slowly went to sit next to him. As I finally sat down I felt my body shiver. There was something about being near Frank that made me feel like jelly. Did I like him? I couldnt exactly say, we had only said hi. He could be the best looking boy I had seen so far at the school, but be horrid. Only time would tell.

“So whats you name?“ Ray asked me.
“Oh yeah right, Darthlene. But Darla if you know what I mean“
“You know you seem different from all the other girls in this school. They usually dye their hair blonde. But you, it seems to be black. I can tell your unique“

I hadnt the faintest what made Mikey say that but he did. Mikey didnt look like Gerard, he had shortish brown hair with his glasses. He was the perfect nerd look-alike, but the thing was he wasnt one.

I thought about how to tackle his question. “Well if you mean do I wear mini skirts and like pink and am basically a prep. Then the question would be no“.

“Well welcome to the unique club, your fit in perfectly by the sounds of it“. Mikey answered.

“unique club?“ I asked

“joke“ Mikey replied laughing at his own oh so lame joke.

“Oh, I was just going to say how did you get in it mikester!“ I looked to my left to see Frank smirking.

“hey, just cos Im the youngest doesnt mean you can all pick on me!“ Mikey said defending himself. He paused to think. “Mikester?“

“Yep thats your new nickname. Like it?“

“I can tell that your be good friends with us. You have a sense of humour unlike these zombies “he said gesturing to the rest of the school in the cafeteria.

He was right, I could tell we would all be good friends.

But there was something deep inside me that wanted to be more than that with Frank.