From The Lights To The Pavement

6

Image

"Darla, guess who got a job."

My heart stopped beating madly. "Hi mum."

She came into the room with a shocked face that there were strangers in her house. But after she realised that I obviously knew them her facial expression changed.
"Hello, how are you all? My names Amanda and Im Darlas lovely mummy. You must be?"

I introduced them all and they all waved. My mum was cool and didnt mind if I invited people over without her knowing.

"No preps then?"

"No mum"

"oh thank god, id never let them into my house, Id have to deflea the whole house."
My mum wasnt a big fan on fake tanned preps.
She liked individuality and knew the crew were like that.

"Im just going to go phone Aunt May, ill be back and you can tell me about your first day.
With that she went next door to go phone my Aunt.

"Woah your mums hot Darl."

"Mikey!" I said in shock.

" Never seen a mum with dreadlocks and a pierced nose." Ray told me.

"You have now," I replied back. My mum walked back into the room.

"Staying for dinner?" she asked the crew.

"Oh no dont worry maam we have to be back at school for dinner as we board.I think its best we had better be going now or were be late." Gerard said answering for the rest of the boys as well as himself.

"Well all give me a hug then, and you had better come round tomorrow and pop into say hi to me or ill be very upset!" My mum could be so embarrassing at times. First she hugged Gerard then Bob then Ray then Mikester and lastly Frank, and when she did she said "Oh Someone is very hot."

"Mum" I shouted with embarrassment.

"What?"

........................................................................................
I waved at them from the door with my mum.

"I must say Darlie that Frank boy is very hot. Looks like your type."
I ignored my mum and closed the door and went upstairs to pack.

She was right, but he was a boy. And boys break girls hearts. There was no way I could fall for him.