From The Lights To The Pavement

8

Image

It was the week-end and the gang were in the park having a picnic. While the rest of the boys were kicking a ball about me and Gerard were chatting.

"I asked Frank the other night about the ball." Gerard said after talking about drawing with me. He has a date already.

I looked at him with no expression.

Sure Frankie and I had nothing going on but I couldnt help to feel hurt hearing this.

"Good for him." I said trying to make like I didnt care.

"Are you still gonna go though?" Gerard asked back

"How can I go on my own? Id look like a loner, it just wouldnt work."

"Um. Ill take you" Gerard simply said smiling. "But just as friends yeah?"

"That would be great, thanks Gee." I replied feeling happier that my best friend was trying to cheer me up.

We watched as the rest of the boys finished kicking the ball about, and came over to have some snacks.

"Guys I need your help. You know that girl I was telling you I got for the Christmas ball? I thinks shes gay." Mikey informed us in a worried tone.

We all rolled around laughing at the thoughts of him of thinking that.

"Dude, what makes you think that?" Ray asked still laughing.

"I was talking to her about what time to pick her up and this group of girls passed us and she was checking out their asses I SWEAR!"

We all looked at each other in silence. Then burst out laughing at the sametime.

"So do you have a date Gerard?" Bob asked.

"I do indeed." Gerard smiled saying.

"How about you D?" Mikey asked me.

"Yeah I have one" I also smiled saying, but out the corner of my eye the expression on Frankies face made me want to not be smiling. It looked upset and turned down. There was no reason why it should have been though since he had a date as well.

I tried to change the thought is in my mind. "So you guys gonna sleepover at mine tonight?" I asked them all.

They all replied in their own ways saying yes.

Even Frankie.