From The Lights To The Pavement

9

Image

We were all in the living room watching films like we had done most of the times. We were all squeezed on the couch under a blanket.

"Ray get your hand off my ass!" Gerard shouted.

"Oh thats mine, sorry" Bob plainly said.

__________________________________________________________

It was 2 in the morning and I was still awake unlike the rest of them. I moved off the couch as not to make sure Bob could suffocate me no more.

"Is anyone awake?" I whispered as softly as soft.

Suddenly Frankie fluttered his eyes opened. He looked at me and said "Yeah me."

He got out of his position like I had just done and sat down on the floor next to me.

"You okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah you?"

"Yeah. I cant get to sleep though."

"same"

I stared into his eyes. Even though the room was filled with dark I could just about see them staring back into mine.

"Frankie, the other day what did you ask me?"

"If you wanted to go the ball with me." He said calmly and more easy to understand than what he had asked me last time.

I replied with and oh.

"Sorry. Its just you said it to quick to understand" I said turning red hoping I wasnt that red he could see me turn it in the dark of the night.

"Dont worry. We both have dates anyway now." He said looking away at me.

There was silence for a long time.

"Umm. Im gonna go to my bed upstairs and try to sleep." I told him braking the silence.

"Oh okay."

"Yeah. Umm I know its not comfy on the couch so you can come if you want."

I could tell he was smiling even though it was hard to make out anything. "Id love to." he replied.

I stood up with him and grabbed his hand, so that he would find it easy to follow me up to my room.

_________

I opened the door with my left hand still using my right to hold onto Frankie. I turned on the lights, making my eyes feel funny as they had adjusted to the dark.

"Nice room".

"Thanks"

I faced him looking at our hands still together. I looked back at him with him looking at me. I tried to brake the awkward silence again.

"No funny business in the bed, okay?"

"sure" He said with a sly grin. I returned it.

We let our hands go and crawled into the bed still in the clothes we had been in all day. I turned the light off and lay there thinking if I had just put my self in the oddest position. I felt an arm wrap around my middle. I moved closer to Frank feeling him breathe on me.

"Night night" he said in his husky voice.

"Night" I squeaked back.

I liked this feeling. It felt nice. I felt safe. I wish I could always have moments like this with him. But that wouldn't work.

It wasnt long before sleep took over.