Misguided

With insomnia, nothing’s real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy

I couldn't help myself. When I saw her, something in me just...I knew. I knew that that human woman was the one.

She stands at the end of her drive way waving off her husband. He gives her a smile and speeds off down the snowy street. She tucks back her bangs and tightly wraps her arms around her body. The wind picks up and blows the snow around. She shivers and goes back into her nice warm home.

In the kitchen she makes another cup of tea. She burns her tongue and decides to put ice cubes in the coffee cup. I can't help but notice small freckles on her arms now that she's taken off her robe. I turn my head to the side as she carefully refills the ice tray.

I wish she could see me.

Her hair is long, going almost to her butt. Her eyes are gray and her nose is long while her lips are full. She has a small beauty mark on her neck. Gently, I touch it. To her, my touch feels like cold air. She rubs her neck and curses at the house for being so cold.

On the wall are pictures of her and her husband. Temperance and Ben. So that's what her name is. Temperance. It feels so right on my tongue. And then there is Ben. As she walks down the hall, I put all the pictures of him face down.

He does not deserve her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm going to bring this back.
Yes, this is Death, and yes, he has a crush.
NDAWG, I hope this counts as an update!