Misguided

My mind gets to wandering, and I become troubled

I watch Ben while he is supposed to be at work. In reality, he's fucking some 20 year old from the coffee shop he goes to on his breaks. They are in his car and she is screaming his name at the top of her lungs. My temper flairs as I watch them. Once they are done, Ben kisses her more passionately that I've ever seen him kiss Temperance and leaves her in the ally behind her work.

I go back to Temperance and she's sitting at her computer writing. She slams her hand down on the desk and practically yells into the phone, "Ben. It's six. Would really appreciate a call back."

I sit myself on the edge of the desk and whisper into her ear, "He's a cheater. He doesn't deserve you." Temp simply scratches her ear and shivers. I follow her into the kitchen and place my hands on her waist. For a second, her mouth drops as we both gaze into the kitchen window. In a blink I am there, standing with her, and she can actually feel and see me.

She whips herself around and screams. The second she does this, I back to being nothing. A laugh of joy escapes my mouth. I didn't think it was possible, to make myself solid. I want to try again, but the front door opens and Ben walks in with flowers. Temperance walks over to him and it about to scold him but he presses his lips and himself against her.

"You're late." she says between heavy pants.

"I wanted to get you flowers, love." he smiles and pulls away from her. The lights over them flicker and I feel that same rage I felt when I saw him with that little slut.

They both look up and Ben shivers this time. I stand right behind him and whisper in his ear. He breaks out in a cold sweat and Temp looks at him strangely and asks, "You okay, babe?"

Ben looks back down at her and then in the kitchen window. His hearts sinks when I appear for another split second. He swallows hard and then looks back down at his wife and kisses her again.

They make love that night. He was thinking of his little slut the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ben has DUN GOOFED.