Misguided

I don't think you're leaving, I think you're running

It's been a few days since I've visited Temperance. When I appear inside of her living room, she's curled up on the couch, tears are rolling down her face and Ben is sitting across from her, his face is like stone as he looks up to meet her.

"I thought you would be happy." Temp barely whispers. She stairs right through me to Ben. Her voice is guarded and her body is like stone, like she's been carved right out of the couch. Another tear slowly makes it way down her cheek and onto her nose. Ben stands up and looks down at his phone.

"We've talked about this. I don't want kids. I work my ass off to just afford this stupid house that you just HAD to have. You think your books pay for anything? Jesus Christ, why would I be happy about something else I'd have to pay for."

My blood boils as his words fill the room. I look at Temp and I can sense the little life inside of her now. I can feel it flinch at it's fathers words. I reach out to touch Temp and she shivers. I just want to hold her, make her feel better. I would raise this child with her. I would provide for them. I would protect them.

Temperance stands up and slaps Ben hard across the face. His head snaps to the side.

"Don't you dare stand here and tell me that MY books pay for NOTHING. You liked this house just as much as I did because, as you said, It would be nice place to start a FAMILY! This could be your flesh and blood inside of me right now! How could you say any of that?" shes crying harder now. Ben looks at her, so confused. So scared. He tires to hug her but she shoves him away.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want a child. I wont say it out loud, but if you are, you know what we're doing." and with that he walks away. He leaves her alone. I gently reach out and touch her stomach. She jumps slightly but then slowly places her hand on her stomach.

"I hate you..." she whispers and then walks into the bathroom and collapses onto the floor and just starts to scream. I look at the test and my heart sinks.

It's positive.

Ben walks in and takes one glance at it. He tells her he'll call the doctor in the morning.

In the next couple of weeks they go to a few appointments.

Ben gives her no choice. And she's so numb and scared of Ben that she does it. The whole time she's screaming. I stand next to her and I promise her that I will make sure her child's soul ends up in a nice place. That it'll be happy and that it will know that she loved it very much.

I also promise her that Ben will pay for this. I will have his soul. And it will suffer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really dark chapter, but things must get worse before they can get better.