Misguided

I want my heart to pour out when I sing

The next week weeks go by in a blur for Temperance. She hasn't touched her computer. She hasn't changed her clothes and she's barely moved from the couch. Ben comes and goes, pretending that his wife isn't completely broken. He kisses the top of her head every day before he leaves. Then he kisses the girl from the coffee shop and tells her he loves her. Temperance has no idea but it's time that she does.

I go into their room and knock over a wedding picture. It crashes so loud that Temp nearly falls off the couch. She clenches her chest and quickly walks into the bedroom and almost cuts her foot on a shard of glass. Next I go to his side of the bed and force the little address book to fly off the table and onto the floor.

"I'm losing my damn mind..." she chuckles uneasily and carefully walks over to the book. At first she just goes to place it back on the night stand but I force a pen to go flying off. No, I growl. I think she hears me.

"You want me to....read this?" She whispers quietly. I sit on the bed next to her and place my hand onto of hers. She feels a tingle in her palm and takes a deep breath. I urge her to open the book and she finally does. Her heart sinks. Her number is in the middle of the book. Times and dates are also written. Temperance already knows though. I stand up with her and walk with her as she races down the hall. She grabs her keys and takes off to Ben's work. The lady at the front desk almost shits herself when she Temperance slams the little address book down.

"Where is Ben." It's not a question and the lady says that he's out for the rest of the day. Temperance walks past the front desk and into the back where Ben works. She passes by his coworkers who try to stop her but she shoves then away and goes to his cubical partner and practically spins him out of his chair. Where is Ben? He looks at her for a long moment and then his eyes lower.

"I'm sorry, Temppy." And that's all she needs to know. He looks back up at her and tells her Ben should be at the Motel down the street. She slowly steps away from him and turns to Ben's computer. there is a picture of them on their honeymoon to Mexico. She grabs it and leaves the building.

She drives to the motel and finds his room. She knocks on the door and he opens it, laughing and smiling. When their eyes meet all the color drains from his face. The little slut in the back screams and covers her naked body. Ben tries to shut Temp out but I force the door to stay open.

"You bastard." she throws the picture frame at his chest. It bounces off and hits the floor and shatters.

She picks up the ripped picture and just stairs at Ben. He finally manages to get the door closed and Temperance just lets the picture fly away in the snow and the wind.

I place my hand on her shoulder. She takes off her wedding rings and scratches Ben's car with the diamond and then leaves them on the hood of his car.

She carved 'pig' on the hood.