World So Cold

Turning Point

“Come on,” I said pulling Damon along through my house. We crept silently along the passageways to my room. I hoped nobody would see us. Everybody was supposed to be busy catering to my father and mother. They were hosting another party in two days.

Successfully we made it to my bedroom. Pulling Damon inside I shut the door. Seeing Damon standing in my room I grinned triumphantly. He was looking around the room surveying the surroundings. “Your room is quite lovely,” commented Damon.

“Why thank you, Mr. Salvatore,” I said still smiling. He turned to me and pulled me into his arms. I rested my hands on his shoulders and stared up into his dark eyes. There was nothing in the world I wanted more than to stay here.

“But its beauty is nothing compared to yours,” he smoothly said. Before I could utter a response his mouth connected with mine. The kiss was filled with heat and passion that swept me off my feet. It took me a couple seconds for my brain to form a response, kiss back.

Once I did my arms wrapped around Damon’s neck holding him close to me. His own hands pressed my body as close to his as allowed. Out of breath I pulled away and tried to catch my breath. Damon moved his kisses down to my neck.

I leaned my head back relishing the feeling. Each kiss was like being licked by fire. It left a mark that I was sure never to forget. His hands found the zipper on the back of my dress and I felt him start to pull it down. “Damon, what are you doing?” I asked him. “What if someone walks in?”

“I love you, Juliet,” he said staring into my eyes. He looked completely serious. I felt tears well in my eyes and brushed away the moisture. “Have I upset you?” he asked.

“No, you’ve just surprised me is all. I never dreamed of possessing your love,” I admitted truthfully. I shifted my gaze uncomfortably downward.

“I knew it was your love that I needed, that I wanted, ever since I saw you. That day in the garden, I fell in love with you, Juliet. I never imagined that I would receive the same affection. You’re a Medici, part of the most powerful family in Florence. You should marry royalty.”

“You’re who I want,” I whispered to him. I pressed my lips to his forgetting my earlier fear. With my fingers I started undoing the buttons on Damon’s shirt exposing his bare chest. Once his shirt was unbuttoned I pushed it away and felt the contours of his chest.

Damon finished unzipping my dress and I felt it fall off my shoulders. I broke the kiss only to step out of my dress. I was now only in a thin slip. I knew he could see my exposed skin through the material and I felt his gaze.

I stood still unsure of what Damon would do. Locking eyes with me he cupped my face and pulled me in again. Again I went under, drowning in his love and perfectly okay to die. Damon and I made our way to my bed our lips still moving together perfectly.

As I laid down on the bed Damon crawled over on top of me. Our hands moved everywhere wanting to memorize every curve and every line. Clothes were being shed and bare skin exposed. Eventually I was lying naked under the gaze and body of the man I loved.

“Are you sure?” asked Damon generously giving me another way out.

“There is nothing I want more,” I told him honestly and determinedly. My voice sounded sure and confident. In my stomach were butterflies. Damon then carefully entered me and I arched my back in pleasure. I was then lost in a world that consisted of one thing. Damon.


I woke up sweating and panting. Shakily I slid a hand threw my damp hair. This dream had really shaken me. I didn’t want to go back to that. It was all so real. I could remember that day like it was yesterday. Something I had wanted to forget for 500 years.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I stood outside the school’s gym waiting for Stefan to arrive. I was dressed up in my costume and watched as other people arrived to help out. Elena had needed volunteers and since I had nobody’s throat to rip out tonight I had offered my assistance. Stefan was also volunteering.

He was picking up Elena at her house and then coming to the school. I had driven my Lamborghini to the school. I knew Stefan was dressing up as a vampire. I found the situation very ironic. If Elena only knew who she was dating.

I looked up at the sky as thunder rumbled overhead. The cloud cover was thick and dark, although it hadn’t actually begun to rain yet. The air had a charged, electric feel, and the sullen purple thunderheads gave the sky a nightmarish look. It was a perfect atmosphere for Halloween, menacing and otherworldly, but it woke only dread. It didn’t feel like a normal thunderstorm.

I then saw and heard Stefan’s car pull up and park. It was one of the few cars in the lot. Most people had yet to arrive. As Stefan got out I admired his costume. He was wearing a tux and cape. Contrary to popular fashion it was often common to dress up in a tux during the Renaissance.

Stefan walked around to the other side of the car to open the door for Elena. He was always such a gentleman even to those who didn’t need it or deserve it. As he opened the door for Elena and she stepped out I could feel my heart skip a beat. The breath I was about to take stopped in my throat.

Elena could have stepped out of the Italian Renaissance. Her throat and shoulders were bare, and the tight bodice of the ice-blue dress showed off her tiny waist. The long, full sleeves were slashed so that the white silk of the chemise underneath showed through, and the wide, sweeping skirt just brushed the floor all around her. She looked wonderful.

She looked exactly like Katherine. The resemblance was enough to wake the feelings I held for her in me and I couldn’t help but settle a glare upon her approaching form. It took some willpower not to go and rip her throat out. I could see Stefan’s expression as he approached and realized the shock that he felt. He was pale and he had a withdrawn look upon his face.

“Let’s get inside,” said Elena as she approached. “I need to do damage control.” There was Elena, so sure of herself. Positive that when she wasn’t there everything would go to chaos, that everyone needed her.

We walked through the hallways in silence. On entering the gym we were met with barely organized chaos. Everyone was dressed in costumes too. I recognized no one but instead had to dip in their head to realize who they were. Stefan gave me a look as I did so. I raised my chin in defiance but stopped regardless.

Everyone was crowding around Elena, admiring the ice-blue gown, announcing problems that had developed already. Elena waved them quiet and turned toward the witch, whose long dark hair flowed down the back of a tight-fitting black dress.

“What is it, Meredith?” she said.

“Coach Lyman’s sick,” Meredith replied grimly, “so somebody got Tanner to substitute.”

“Mr. Tanner?” Elena said horrified.

“Yes, and he’s making trouble already. Poor Bonnie’s just about had it. You’d better get over there.” Elena sighed and nodded, then made her way into the Haunted House.

“Stefan, I’m going to go to the break room now. I’ll meet you there. Elena might need some help concerning Tanner.” Stefan nodded before following Elena and entering the Haunted House.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Stefan came into the break room some time later. As he came in, he wearily sat down on the bench and placed his head in his hands. “Stefan, are you alright?” I asked coming over to him.

“I’ll be fine,” he assured me. He looked up into my eyes and I saw the tiredness in them, the drain of Power.

“When I said help Elena, I didn’t mean compel Tanner,” I said exasperated.

“I thought you had no problem with compelling people,” said Stefan arguably.

I don’t. I have the Power to do it. You on the other hand should just stick to parlor tricks. Do you want a rabbit or something? A human perhaps?”

“No,” said Stefan forcefully. “I’ll be fine in a bit. Just―just let’s make sure everything’s all set.” He moved to get up. I placed one hand on his shoulder and forced him back down.

“I’m going to get you a bunny,” I said. “You need it. Nobody will notice I’m gone and I’ll be back in a flash.” I strode out of the room and was rewarded that the lights in the gym were off. Easily and silently I left the gym and made my way towards the woods.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Coming back to the school I heard the shouts and cries of people. “Find him!” was the common expression. I dropped the rabbit and hurried up to the school doors and thrust them open. Not seeing anybody I went as fast as I could into the gym. Here the shouts and cries were louder.

As I tried to enter the gym I noticed the doors were locked shut. I quickly flashed down to the other opening into the boys locker room. It too was locked. I went back to the gym and tried the doors again. Getting frustrated I pushed them open, breaking the lock.

Nobody noticed as I entered the gym. Wearing all black had allowed me that advantage. I went quickly into the break room avoiding people. Everybody was crowded in one room of the haunted house. I could sense that.

As I entered the break room I was met with Matt. Matt turned to me as I entered and surprise illuminated his face. “Juliet,” he said the surprise eminent in his voice.

“Matt, what’s going on?” I asked alarmed. “Where’s Stefan?” I could see the internal debate going on inside of Matt for a couple seconds. He was debating if he should tell me or not. “Matt, where is Stefan?” I asked compelling him.

“He left,” said Matt with a dazed expression.

“Why did he leave?” I pushed further.

“They think he killed Mr. Tanner. They want revenge.” So Tanner is dead and everyone thinks Stefan did it. Just like they probably think he did it to the old man under the bridge and Vickie. If only they knew Stefan would never do anything like that.

“Thank you so much, Matt,” I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. I then very quickly ran out of the room. The halls were now crowded with people trying to find Stefan. I pushed open the doors of the school and went out into the night.

Quickly I changed out of my costume and into the pair of clothes I had in my car. I had taken them from some store. Feeling more comfortable in these clothes than in the costume I was finally able to go away.

I changed into a raven and flew off into the night. If they were looking for Stefan it might not be long before they looked for me. I came the same time he did and I could be guilty by association. It would be better if I just left for awhile too.

I flew off towards the cemetery. I landed in one of the trees nearby. As I sat there contemplating where I should go to feed a crow landed on a branch above me. I changed back into a vampire and glared at it. I got into a hunter’s crouch and then lunged at it.

It flew off just before I could grab it. My fingers clawed at air. The crow gave a short caw before diving straight for the ground. I heard a soft thud. It was the sound of feet hitting the ground. Following the person I jumped out of the tree also.

As I landed and looked around I saw no one. I heard a branch snap behind me and my body went rigid. I whirled around to see who it was. My heart was beating quickly. As I saw who it was I wasn’t sure what I felt more, fear or anger.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like so much happens this chapter. It really is the turning point. We learn how deeply in love Juliet was with Damon. How sweet and innocent their love was.

And then the whole haunted house escapade. That was a disaster, for everyone.

And who's that mysterious crow? Finally revealed next chapter :) I know. I can't wait either.