World So Cold

Princess

A hand firmly grasped my arm and pulled me back before I could fully enter the sun. I was pulled against a firm chest. Two arms held me. I couldn’t break free. “What do you think you’re doing?” he hissed in my ear.

I turned around in his grasp to come face to face with Damon. “Let me go,” I said trying to pull me free. “Damon, let me go,” I said more shrilly. I struggled to break free repeating my demand. Damon just held me still until I finally stopped struggling and calmed down.

“Are you done?” he asked me. I glared at him and raised my chin defiantly. “You are a little troublemaker, you know that, Princess?”

“Don’t call me that,” I spat.

“Now what do you think you were doing?” he said, his voice like ice.

“What do you think I was doing?”

“Well, it looked like you were going to kill yourself but I hope that’s not what you were going to do,” he said his grip on me tightening.

“And what if it was?” I asked still defiant.

“Well, that would be a problem,” he said, his voice light but deadly underneath.

“Why? You can always find yourself someone else to play with. I’m done, Damon.”

“Oh, but you’re still so much more fun. I don’t want anyone else but you.” Tears suddenly and without warning pooled in my eyes. I could never get out of this. I was stuck being tortured by him, by his presence, for all eternity.

“Why, Damon? Why do you have to torture me? I can’t take it anymore!” I said my voice breaking. “Haven’t you done enough?!”

“You wouldn’t understand,” said Damon. I could feel him withdraw himself. His voice became colder than before.

I wouldn’t understand? I wouldn’t understand?! You’ve got to be kidding me! Do you even know what I’ve been through?!”I shouted at him. “Do you know what you did to me?!” I swung a fist at him in blind rage. He caught it easily without even blinking.

“What you’ve been through? I’ve spent the last five hundred years thinking you were dead.” He threw my fist away from him.

“I was dead!” I shouted angrily. “And I doubt you gave a damn! It’s your entire fault anyways!”

“My fault?! I never turned you!” Both of were in each other’s faces. My face had changed as it often did when I let my emotion get the better of me.

“I never said you did! You never listen to what I have to say! It’s always about you! You are a selfish bastard!” I grabbed my ring off the ground and placed it on my finger.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about anymore,” said Damon in frustration.

“No, you wouldn’t. You wouldn’t remember. Probably because I never mattered to you in the first place. I’ve always just been a play thing to you. It’s always been Katherine.” I said her name spitefully.

“No,” he argued. “I’ve done everything for you.”

“That’s such a lie,” I said not shouting anymore but my voice just as deadly and cold. “Ever since she came into your life it’s always been about her. You don’t even know what you did to me,” I accused.

“What are you two doing?” a voice asked. Both of us turned towards the sound to see Stefan. He was walking towards us, his eyes wary. I quickly ran to him and threw my arms around his neck. My face changed back and I started sobbing into his shoulder. Stefan’s arms wrapped around me protectively.

“What did you do to her, Damon?” asked Stefan angrily.

“That’s what I’m wondering myself,” said Damon. He sounded almost… hurt. I then heard his retreating footsteps as he sped away into the forest.

“Come,” said Stefan pulling me through the forest. “Let’s go back to the boarding house. You can relax there for a bit.” I followed Stefan as we silently and slowly moved through the woods to the boarding house.

Once in Stefan’s room I collapsed down onto the bed. I curled up, tucking my knees to my chest and hugging them. I stared at the wall with a blank mind. I was numb. “Juliet,” said Stefan gently coming to sit beside me, “what did Damon do to you?”

One look in his eyes was all it took. I instantly just broke down in sobs. They shook my body and the worst part was I couldn’t stop them. Tears flowed like a broken damn. “I hate him,” I told Stefan. “I hate him so much.” My voice broke during the sentence. I hated him even more that he reduced me to this.

“Juliet, its okay,” said Stefan comfortingly. “It’s okay to hate him.” I grasped Stefan’s shirt tighter, pulling his as close to me as possible. I just needed to be close to someone. I didn’t want to be alone anymore.

“But that’s not the problem, Stefan. The problem is…I still love him.”