World So Cold

Disgraced

“I’ll start a week after both of you died…”

I stared at the mirror, aghast in horror. How could I let something like this happen? How could it be possible? It was like the world was playing some cruel, sick joke on me. A week after both Stefan and Damon die, I am presented with this.

“Miss,” said my maid, poking her head into my chamber. “Your father calls for you. He wants you to see you, now.” Quickly she exited out the room. Giving a sigh I made my way down to where my father was surely impatiently waiting for me.

As I entered the room I could feel the tension that it held. Did he know? How could he know? I only found out myself three days earlier. Could word really travel that fast?

“Juliet,” my father snapped getting me out of my own thoughts. “Come hai potuto fare questo alla tua famiglia? Che cosa stavi pensando? Sei diventato come una disgrazia per noi!” (How could you do this to your family? What were you thinking? You have become such a disgrace to us!)

I knew that my father was mad the instant he spoke Italian. He only did so when he let his temper get out of control. I dropped my head at his tone, afraid to look at him. He was not a pleasant man when he was angry.

I could only assume that he knew. I could only feel the embarrassment that was put upon me. “Padre, per favore. Non volevo fare una cosa simile. E’…è stato una errore.” (Father, please. I did not mean to do such a thing. It…it was a mistake.)

“Si, lo erra. Ora si deve pagare per i tuoi peccati. Ho organizzato per voi di andare in Inghilterra, dove rimarrà per sempre.” (Yes, it was. Now you have to pay for your sins. I have arranged for you to go to England, where you will remain forever.)

Tears began to fall from my eyes. I couldn’t imagine being away from my family. Not now. Not after Stefan and Damon died and then this. I couldn’t be on my own. I didn’t know what would happen if I was.

“Padre, per favore, no. Posso stare dentro. Io non voglio avventurami. Basta per favore, non farlo. Noi siamo la famiglia!” (Father, please, no. I can stay inside. I will not venture out. Just please, don’t. We are family!)

“Ho fatto la mia mente si insolente ragazza. Potrete andare in Inghilterra. Io vi ho fornito abbastanza fondi che non si dovrebbe mai tornare qui, o di parlare con uno di noi.” (I have made up my mind you insolent girl. You will go to England. I have supplied you with enough funds that you should never have to come back here, or speak to one of us again.)

“Padre—”

“Io non sono più tuo padre. Da questo punto in avanti non sei più parte di questa famiglia.” (I am no longer your father. From this point forward you are no longer a part of this family.) My father then strode out of the room without so much as looking at me. I dropped to my knees, weak with emotion.

“Mama, please,” I said turning to her. “You can’t let this happen.”

“You have chosen your fate,” she said. “There is nothing I can do. You will be leaving tomorrow.” Then she left just as my father had, without so much as a backwards glance at me.


“Wait,” interrupted Stefan. “Why were you being disowned?” I looked at him and I could see my sadness reflected in his eyes. I could practically feel my heart breaking as I relived these events.

“Because I was pregnant,” I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Damon go completely rigid. He became like a statue. I dropped my eyes from Stefan and looked at the floor.

“What?” asked Stefan clearly confused and agitated. “With who?!”

Taking a deep breath I said, “Damon.” Stefan went as still as Damon had. None of us moved, none of us breathed.

“Damon?” asked Stefan confused. He looked between both of us. His eyes wide and incredulous.

“So you moved to England and had a child?” guessed Damon obviously eager to move past this topic.

“No,” I said shaking my head. My voice was thick with sadness. Tears shone in my eyes making the world around blur. Blinking, the tears fell. “You did not let me finish.” It was obvious that Stefan wanted to ask more questions but he remained silent as I continued where I left off
♠ ♠ ♠
It's weird because this reminds me of Katherine's story in the show. Eerily similar. I swear I had mine first though

But who saw that coming? Can you predict what's next?