World So Cold

Distress

Katherine came back about a day later. She seemed aggravated and annoyed. Not exactly the temperament I was hoping for. It was always harder to get things out of people when they weren’t in a good mood.

“Welcome back,” I said to Katherine. My voice was as dry as my mouth and throat. My voice had taken on a monotone. The veins in my body seemed to be on fire as they craved blood. Katherine merely cast her angry eyes over me as she paced back and forth. “What’s got your tail in a knot?” I asked.

“Elena almost caught me,” she said obviously distressed. “Luckily I was faster. She’s too slow. It was close, though.”

“Wouldn’t she know it was you?” I asked just baiting her. I wanted to learn as much as possible. If I got enough blood I might be able to at least send a thought. I could then contact Damon or Stefan about Katherine. I could try and warn them.

“No,” snapped Katherine. “You’re stupid. I have more than one form. I have three others,” she bragged. My mind whirled at the possibility and concept of having that much Power. I think that much alone could make a person insane. Many were lucky to have one.

“I have two,” I told Katherine gently. “I’d show you to them but I don’t have enough Power.”

“I don’t care to see yours,” said Katherine in disgust.

“I’m still running out. Pretty soon you won’t be able to feed from me. I need blood. If…if you want my Power you’re going to have to give me blood.” I watched her with cautious eyes, trying to play this right. Katherine could change her mind and mood on a dime.

“I do want it,” said Katherine thoughtfully, licking her lips.

“Yes, and I need blood if you want it. It’s the only way,” I said. I watched as I saw the look come over Katherine, the look that I had won. I resisted the urge to smile. This was no time to be happy.

“I’ll be back,” said Katherine before leaving again. This time she at least left one candle lit.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

“Here you go,” said Katherine shoving a human in front of me. She’d come back a couple days later. Apparently there wasn’t much urgency in getting more Power. Their expression was dazed and they stumbled before standing straight. They stared at the wall without really seeing it.

Immediately my senses picked up the sound of their heartbeat and the sweet smell of their blood. My mouth started to water and my fangs instinctively slid out. Forcing myself to stand I grabbed them and pulled them to me.

Wasting no time I sunk my fangs in and drank deeply. Before I was satisfied they were being pulled away from me. I growled as I struggled to maintain my grasp on them. Once they were pulled away I hissed at whoever had stolen my prey.

Stop! said Katherine, sending a blast of Power along with the thought. Immediately I was sent falling back into the wall, struggling to stay up and not buckle under the strength of it. With a smile of pleasure and satisfaction she sunk her own teeth into the throat of the victim. I watched hungrily as she took the fluid that I desperately wanted and needed.

Once they body was drained she dropped it and turned to me, her fangs still elongated and bloody. I could plainly see the hunger in her eyes as she turned to me and sprung forward. Dam— I sent out before she bit into my throat and blocked out any message I would have sent.