World So Cold

Meeting



I gathered up my skirts and strolled through the Salvatore’s garden. Stefan was at my side escorting me. We were talking more about the Renaissance and the wonders it was bringing to Italy. I still surprised Stefan with my knowledge even after a week.

“Stefan, it is wondrous isn’t it?” I queried. I was speaking of the world and the vast majority and knowledge it contained. “I could only hope to one day travel it.”

“I’m sure you’ll get your wish,” assured Stefan. I shook my head in reply though.

“You know as well as I that Father would not allow it. He insists that I marry someone either extremely wealthy or royal. Anything less would ‘disgrace the family’ as he put it. And to do that would leave me at home utterly bored out of my mind.” Stefan chuckled good naturedly.

“I’m sure you’ll find love one day,” said Stefan. “And then you’ll be able to see the world.”

“I wish,” I said with a sigh. I wish I could share Stefan’s optimism. But where Father is concerned, no one disobeys him. His word is law and is too be followed. I am lucky that he has allowed me to look for love and has not forced me to marry. I am lucky I am the favorite.

We walked in silence for awhile in the garden. Silence did not bother Stefan nor I. We often lapsed into a comfortable silence for many minutes before something prompted speaking again. Once we turned a corner I saw something that would change my world.

Damon Salvatore, Stefan’s brother, approached us with quick footsteps. “Stefan,” he said. “Stefan―” he stopped just noticing my presence. “Pardon me for my rude interruption,” apologized Damon.

“It is alright,” I assured him. I looked admiringly at him. He was very handsome. I found myself instantly attracted to him.

“Care to introduce us?” Damon asked Stefan. Stefan didn’t seem too happy about it but introduced us anyways.

“Pleasure to meet you, Juliet,” said Damon. He bent and kissed my hand with soft lips. I felt my heart flutter. And to think I’d be feeling this already for him.

But he was so elegant, beautiful, sophisticated, and charming. Yet beneath it I detected and arrogance and cunning, a rebellious pride. And beneath that sadness I could not place alongside anger. It was like I knew him instantly. I was aware that he was scrutinizing me in the same way and I blushed, looking away.

“What did you have to tell me, Damon?” asked Stefan. He was frowning and did not look happy about Damon being here.

“It can wait till later, Stefan,” said Damon not taking his eyes off of me. “I do not want to detain you or the lovely Juliet.”

“Goodbye, Damon,” said Stefan and quickly walked away. He pulled me with him eager to get away from Damon.

“Pleasure to meet you, Damon,” I said in passing him.

“The pleasure was all mine,” he said and smiled a beautiful smile. Stefan quickly pulled us around a turn and Damon was lost from view.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I was in my nightgown and was staring at the fireplace. Damon’s eyes burned into my mind. I couldn’t get him out. He was there for the rest of the day. I turned around to go to try and fall asleep but a scream rose in my throat.

Quickly a hand was placed over my mouth to prevent me from screaming. “You don’t want to do that,” Damon warned. I closed my mouth and he removed his hand. Damon had been lying serenely on my bed. He now went and sat on the edge of it again.

“You look beautiful,” he said, his eyes grazing over my figure. I blushed since I was only in a night gown.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned. “How’d you get in?”

“I came here to see you. You’re very entertaining,” he said with a smirk.

“Damon, if anyone see’s you my father will have both of our heads.”

“Relax,” said Damon. “Nobody will see me here. I’m here only for you.”

“Why?” I practically cried. My throat constricted and tears came to my eyes. I was suddenly afraid of him. I backed up a step and Damon’s eyes narrowed. “Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“Come here,” commanded Damon and beckoned me forward. I shook my head refusing to move. “Come here or you’ll regret it,” he threatened. I had no doubt that I would. Reluctantly I moved forward towards him.

Quickly he grabbed my wrists in an iron grip. He pulled me down onto the bed and was suddenly hovering over me and pinning me to the bed in one swift, fluid motion. I gasped at the sight of his face. It wasn’t Damon’s face. It was the face of a monster. I blinked and it was gone.

“What do you want?” I asked tears running down my face.

“Juliet, that is the same answer as before. I only want you.” He bent down and kissed away one of my tears. I closed my eyes but tears still leaked out. I didn’t want him to be here. I didn’t want to be here. This isn’t what I wanted.

Suddenly I felt something at my neck and my eyes flew open. I shattered the dream illusion and I was no longer the girl I used to be. I pushed Damon off with all the strength I had and he flew into the wall.


I woke up on the ground. Tears will still in my eyes and I could feel their tracks down the side of my face. I heard the sound of a bird flying off and looked to see a crow as black as night take off into the rising sun. I knew I wasn’t alone anymore.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

“Hey,” Elena said as I was approaching the school. We were both quite early and no one else was around. “What do you know about, Stefan?” Her voice was demanding.

“What do you mean?” I asked playing innocent.

“If you know something about him, tell me.” Her hand grabbed my wrist begging me to tell her something.

“I thought you weren’t interested in, Stefan.”

“No one must know,” she said, her voice just a whisper.

“And neither will you,” I whispered back. “It’s his greatest secret.” I pulled my arm free and continued walking into the school while Elena glared at my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha I got another comment!! Love them<3 Don't you just love Damon?
And I must confess I love how Juliet plays games :)