Status: Joint Story

The Sun Makes Shadows

The Sun

Nyaa’s POV

The sun.

It’s a beautiful God in the sky that gives us health. People don’t understand that though, no one does. They ignore the beauty of life around them for materials I scolded them, wishing they could open their eyes.

My name means the sun, my grandmother told me when I was little that the day I was born was the first day it stopped raining for the first time in weeks, and then they knew that father sun gave me life and I should be named after him to show respect.

I thought of all these things as I stared up at the daytime sky. Music flooded into my ears from my MP3 player.

The Beast and the Harlot. I liked Avenged Sevenfold, they were heavy I guess you could say. They were the only thing I really listened to besides Native American music. The wind blew suddenly causing my thick black hair to fall into my face sighing I knew it was time to go in.

Ignoring the people around me I made my way up to my room only to be stopped by Ms. Karen.

“Nyaa don’t you wish to meet the parents?” I didn’t really want to knowing I wouldn’t get adopted but respecting my elders like I was taught I nodded smiling politely. She gently pulled me to the main hall and I took out my ear phones. She left to go converse and I put my head down watching the kids around my straighten their posture, fix their clothes, and slap on a smile trying to look good.

I just reminded myself what I was taught: always be yourself and be proud.

A woman stepped in front of me and I met her bright smile with my stoic one.

She looked kind, short blond hair and a beautiful smile.

“Hi I’m Valery Sanders but you could call me Val.” She stuck out her hand and I took it.

“Nyaa Lopez,” I answered shaking her hand.

“So you like Avenged Sevenfold huh?” She motioned at my shirt.

“A little,” I shrugged.

“Who’s your favorite member?” She smirked

“Um, I don’t know I like them all I can’t really leave any out,” I answered truthfully.

“I like the singer,” she smiled before turning to look behind me.

“Hey Matt come here a second,” I turned following her eyes to be met with the biggest shock of my life.

Matt Sanders or better known as M. Shadows walked up to us. I froze unsure of what to do as he walked up to us and smiled.

“Hi I’m-“

“M. Shadows I know,” I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Intro, Comment!
-Neche