Status: Joint Story

The Sun Makes Shadows

Loud Thoughts

Matt’s POV-

She’s coming home, she’s coming home, oh my God, what have I gotten myself into?

The thought raced through my mind a million times as I drove the car. Life would never be the same. At least, not for a while. I glanced in the rear view mirror and half smiled, sick to my stomach. This girl was strong. I knew she wouldn’t be pushed aside that easily. If we actually raised the kid from a young age, it would be so much easier. But that took more time. And I couldn’t handle another...I just couldn’t handle a young kid.

I took a deep breath and redirected my thoughts. The guys. They were coming over, I had nearly forgotten. I glanced at Val and I was instantly calmed by her features. I could do this. She wasn’t that young, and it would only be two years than a full eighteen. Get a hold of yourself Matt. I mentally slapped myself and wondered if anyone in the car could hear it. It was so quiet I wouldn’t doubt it if they told me they could hear what I was thinking.

Which wouldn’t be good at all.

When we arrived home I was sweating. I helped Nyaa with her stuff and followed Val as she showed Nyaa her room. “And this is where you will sleep.” Val said, smiling at the girl, who smiled back. I was happy that the girl liked Val. I wouldn’t want her to be raised in a completely loveless home. But then again, we wouldn’t be in this situation if this home was completely loveless. “I shall go check dinner.” Val said and then pulled me aside, hopefully out of Nyaa’s earshot.

“You okay Matty? You’re sweating.” She wiped my face with her hand.

“I’ll be fine. I just...I just need to lay down for a bit.” I said nervously.

“Well, go lay down. We don’t want you getting sick mister.” She kissed me then pointed in the direction of our room.

“Thanks.” I said as we parted ways. As I walked past Nyaa’s room I glanced at her and paused for a millisecond. She was staring into my eyes with one of the wisest stares I had ever seen. I can play your games, just watch, is what it seemed to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blegh, I think my headball is broken. T.T I hope you like this chapter enough for comment love? Please?

-camillia21