Status: Joint Story

The Sun Makes Shadows

Cool Down

Nyaa’s POV

I slammed the door closed, feeling frustrated. I was also in disbelief. I had actually blown up at him! I knew that these were my problems to face, but I needed to get them out. I laid on my bed, cooling down. I knew that I wouldn’t have gotten out of that orphanage without him and Val. I was thankful for that at least. But, I still couldn’t get over the fact that he hated me. Or, at least the secretive Matt hated me.

I turned over on my bed, thinking. What was it that he was hiding? Gram had said that he was trying to love me, but was blocking something out. So, if I figured out how to unblock it, would we finally be a happy family? It seemed like a good idea. But, where to start? There was no picking at his head. He was very good at blocking stuff.

“He’s a man alright.” I grumbled, closing my eyes. I heard the door open and close, a fresh breeze carrying through. “Go away!”

“Nyaa?” I heard Val’s voice and turned around, feeling guilty for snapping at her. Her eyes showed concern. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” I responded, giving her a smile. “Sorry about that. I-uh-I’m just having one of those days, you know?” I decided not to tell her about Matt. She was way too nice. I would just have to fight this battle myself.

“Oh. I was just here to see if you want to come to a picnic. But if you don’t...”

“No, I’ll go. A picnic may be just what I need.” I sat up and she sat next to me.

“Okay.” She said, brushing some hair from my face. “What kind of sandwich do you want?” I told her and she nodded. “That’s Matt’s favorite too.” I felt my eyes widen and she laughed. “You too are more alike than I thought.” She gave me a hug before standing up and walking towards the door.

“And one more thing.” She said, making eye contact with me as she paused at the door. “If you have anything to tell me, ever, then tell me. I won’t judge you.” She smiled, then said, “Come out when you’re ready honey.”

“Oh Gram.” I said, looking at my picture of her. “How am I going to do this?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it. This is sort of a filler. I'm sorry we haven't been able to put anything out for a while. Too many school happenings! T.T But, anyway, comments, love, and subscribe!

-camillia21