Status: Joint Story

The Sun Makes Shadows

Fantastic

Matt’s POV

I honestly couldn’t say how I was feeling. Happy? Sad? Angry? I didn’t know. I had to admit thought, that the “mood changer” honestly changed my mood. I felt better…and slightly lifted. During dinner I watched Jimmy’s and Nyaa’s actions, entertained. Yet I felt so far away. After dinner I quickly retreated to my room, locking it. I didn’t want anyone to follow. I didn’t want to let anyone in. Nyaa reminded me so much of…of…I couldn’t get the thought out. I sat down on my bed with a big thump and pulled out one of my old guitars. I began to strum it, singing those words that I had to say many years ago. That I was forced to say many years ago.
---
A couple of hours later I woke up with a start as the door opened. Weird. It wasn’t supposed to do that. I sat up quickly, seeing a young blond girl and a dark skinned older woman enter.

“Hello Matt.” The older woman greeted. “I bet you never expected to see me.”
I shook my head quickly, hardly registering who it was. I had no idea why I would be visited by…her, of all people.

“Matt.” The younger girl called, holding her hand out to me. I went to take it, but some sort of invisible force prevented me from touching it.

“No!” I gasped. The girl looked at me with pleading eyes.

“Matt!” She called, her eyes clouding with sadness. I didn’t understand why sadness was there. Shouldn’t there have been the look of betrayal? Of blame? “I’m sorry.” She whispered, before I was ripped away into heavy darkness.
---
“Matt!” I woke up, seeing Val hovering over me. “Are you okay? You locked the door, and when you didn’t answer I got the key…you’re sweating.” She wiped the liquid off of my brow, looking worried.

“I am okay.” I whispered, sitting up. She scooted away to avoid my flailing arms.
“Are you sure? Ever since that call…”

“I said that I am fine!” I snapped, standing up. I saw tears form in her eyes, and I automatically regretted my tone. “Look, Val, I’m-”

“No. If you want to deal with it on your own, then do it. I guess our marriage didn’t mean anything in that department.” She stomped out the door. I caught a glimpse of Jimmy and Nyaa standing there, but they turned away too.

“Fantastic.” I groaned, putting my head in my hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, sleep. Good sleep. :) Comment, love, subscribe!!! (the more you do, the more you find out what happens!!!!!!)